[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does this actually work, i want to try this to lose weight.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
does this actually work, i want to try this to lose weight.
>>
>>16585936
Sure, it works in terms if getting you into running. That will improve your cardiovascular health, and help burn calories.

However, weight loss is entirely dependent on diet. Your main concern should be calorie counting and management.
>>
>>16585943
what are some good tips for that? Hypothetically, could i go without excersizing?
>>
>>16585950
Yep. You could lose weight sitting on your ass as long as you ate less calories than your Total Daily Energy Expenditure.

Read the >>>/fit/ sticky
>>
>>16585960
im reading that now. THe only issue is im 18 and live with my family, and my mother is bad about not cooking. MOre recently the have been cooking but they generally don't want to and instead rather eat out or get pizza or something
ALso, whenever i get that sticky, i get lost in all the buzzwords.
>>
>>16585936
It will certainly help. A lot of Katawa Shoujo fans swear by it. But there is a catch: you have to do it without eating more than you currently are (and restricting your caloric intake would be even better). You WILL be tempted to eat more, and you HAVE TO fight that.
>>
>>16585972
tl:dr eat less than you do now and exercise more than you do now and you lose weight. It's like magic.
>>
>>16585977
should there be an exact calorie ammount? SHould i aim for like 1500 calories per day including excersize?
>>
>>16585991
no, just less and more.
>>
>>16585991
>calculate your TDEE (there are tons of calculators online)
>get the myfitnesspal app
>record all your calories (including drinks) everyday and don't go over you limit

That's pretty much it
>>
File: i dont think this is right.png (6 KB, 291x88) Image search: [Google]
i dont think this is right.png
6 KB, 291x88
>>16586005
i don't think this is right. i did this from the perspective of doing around 20 minutes of cardio a day.
>>
File: just read the sticky already.jpg (207 KB, 1140x969) Image search: [Google]
just read the sticky already.jpg
207 KB, 1140x969
>>16585936
read the sticky
>>>/fit/
>>
File: absolute seditary.png (6 KB, 325x89) Image search: [Google]
absolute seditary.png
6 KB, 325x89
>>16586005
i also did it from absolute seditary perspective, this doesn't seem right.
>>
>>16586013
>>16586019
The my fitnesspal app has one built into it so just try that
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-20-11-52-46.jpg (301 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-20-11-52-46.jpg
301 KB, 1080x1920
>>16586024
I set to lose 100 lbs with 1 lb a week
This is what I got
>>
>>16586014
i read it, i just got consfused.
>>
>>16586036
Sounds good
>>
>>16586043
if i aimed lower, could i lose even more faster? Would that be a bad thing?
Also, it says Daily Net Calories, what is gross calorie intake? If it even exists.
>>
>>16586051
They key to weight loss is slow and steady. Also I'm not sure what the difference between those two would be.
>>
>>16585936
It will cause you to burn more calories by moving more, meaning if you don't eat more after exercising, you will lose weight.

>>16586051
>if i aimed lower, could i lose even more faster? Would that be a bad thing?
Yes, but you would be tired
>Also, it says Daily Net Calories, what is gross calorie intake? If it even exists.
Gross calories is everything you consume
Net calories is calories consumed + calories burned by living/moving around

EXAMPLE
I can burn 720 calories if I run for 45 minutes, this means I'll need to consume 720 calories to maintain my TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and not gain/lose weight.

Losing weight is as simple as eating less of moving more, if you want to keep the weight off you need a lifestyle change, not a diet.
>>
>>16586062
its just, i don't feel like 2,660 calories a day is quite right.
im a fat man, little muscle mass. I feel like this was meant for people bigger than i. I also take a weight lifting class at my school and are thinking of taking cardio.
>>16586065
What if i eat less and move more?
>>
File: 1338184937023.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1656) Image search: [Google]
1338184937023.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1656
>>16586041
well then read it again
here's two tips i gleaned from it

1 eat less
2 move more
>>
>>16586071
>What if i eat less and move more?
Then you go further under your TDEE and lose weight.

My TDEE is 2650 calories per day @ 168lbs, I work in a warehouse and am pretty much always on my feet.
If I go for a run after work and burn 720 calories, I need to consume 3370 calories, otherwise I will be under my TDEE and lose weight (assuming that I maintain a deficit for a few days).

Your weight can fluctuate, you have to consider water retention and food in your system, I can sometimes lose 5lbs in a day just in water, by not eating a lot and taking a dump.

Ultimately it is a case of calories in and calories out over a prolonged period.
>>
>>16586092
how can i figure out how many calories i burn from a jog?
>>
>>16586104
There are over 9000 running apps for your phone which will give you an average speed, distance and time, which you can then use to find out how many calories you burned.
Ultimately you want to aim to have a pace of not quite fast enough to feel "the burn" in your muscles, and maintain that for at least 20 minutes.
Also find your TDEE on myfitnesspal, don't forget to recalculate it as you lose weight though.
>>
>>16586109
alright so i need
>my fitness App
>tdee app
>running app
Also, is doing what this image says beneficial? I feel it would be.
>>
>>16586119
My fitness pal calculates your TDEE as a part of setting it up, I can't suggest a running app as I use a treadmill at a set speed which my fitness pal can log (select jogging/running at *speed* for *time*).

>Also, is doing what this image says beneficial? I feel it would be.
You will burn calories moving, so yes it will be beneficial.
A part of losing weight is learning to stop eating when you are no longer hungry, learning not to snack when you are bored and learning that a cheat meal =/= eating like a fat fuck for a day.
Log EVERYTHING that you consume (eat/drink) in my fitness pal, you will find that fizzy drinks and processed foods are probably responsible for your shitty diet.
Also, eating healthy isn't expensive at all, so no excuses.
>>
>>16586138
>eating healthy isn't expsensive
18, highschool with my parents, can you suggest cheap meals besides spaghetti that aren't horrible?Im basically trying to convince my parents here.
>>
>>16586152
Ask for smaller portions or buy some frozen mixed veggies (they take 5 minutes to boil).
CALORIES IN, CALORIES OUT
It shouldn't be a fucking chore to ask for a side of veggies or smaller portions, if your parents ask tell them you want to try and look after yourself a bit better or whatever reason you have to wanting to lose weight, ignore the inevitable anorexia comments and move more.

Get a job part time in a warehouse if you can, walking around for hours is amazing for losing weight, or just take a walk in the evening assuming you aren't in a nigger ghetto.
>>
>>16586161
Can you reccomend any meals personally?
>>
>>16586198
Just log what you fucking eat, you don't need someone to tell you a portion of lean meat + a side of veggies, this isn't rocket science.
I'll eat a lean meat (chicken/beef), a side of vegetables (mixed frozen veggies/carrots and broccoli) and if I'm feeling hungry, potatoes/rice/pasta with it.
If you want pasta, eat pasta, just watch your portion sizes.
If you want pizza, you might want to order a smaller pizza and consume less calories that day.
If you want to go out and drink beer, well you clearly don't give a shit about losing weight.
>>
>>16586207
>just jog what you eat
So if i consume 1000 calories in a day i need to expend more than 1000 calories?
>>
>>16586272
If you eat 1000 calories in a day, your TDEE is 2000 and you burn 1000 through extra exercise, you will bomb off weight, lose muscle mass and get very ill.
TDEE is what you need to maintain what you weigh, if your TDEE is 2000 calories and you don't exercise more than you already do (by means of an active job) and eat 2000 calories, you won't lose weight.

YOUR TOTAL CALORIES FOR THE DAY MUST BE UNDER YOUR TDEE, YOUR TDEE IS ENERGY YOU BURN BY BEING ALIVE AND DOING SHIT IN YOUR USUAL DAY TO DAY SCHEDULE
IF YOUR TDEE IS 2000
YOU EAT 2500
YOU EXERCISE AND BURN 700
THEN YOU ARE 200 UNDER AND IF MANAGED CONTINUOUSLY, YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT.

Its simple maths.
Calories consumed at +
Calories burned are -
TDEE is what you need to maintain your weight
Being over your TDEE will result in gaining weight
Being under your TDEE will result in losing weight
Your TDEE will lower as you lose weight because there is less of you to fuel
>>
Step 1: dig your smartphone out of your jiggle rolls

Step 2: install the app MyFitnessPall

Step 3: tell it the fucking truth
>>
>>16586289
So as long as im under 2660 calories a day, according to this app, ill be fine?
>>
File: HONESTY.png (72 KB, 837x779) Image search: [Google]
HONESTY.png
72 KB, 837x779
>>16586291
heres what i honesty have, it says my TDEE is 2913 and my BMR is 2533
>>
>>16585936
if you're not that out of shape you dont have to start that low impact, any young person that isnt terribly fat or low stamina can manage a 20+ minute jog id assume
>>
>>16586336
i am quite fat, 6'3'' and 314 pounds.
>>
>>16586305
Yes, you will lose weight on 2660 calories a day.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.