[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been told by women on numerous occasions that I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 8
File: 2015-12-19_17.37.08.jpg (711 KB, 1076x1389) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-19_17.37.08.jpg
711 KB, 1076x1389
I've been told by women on numerous occasions that I'm not physically attractive. I've only had one match on tinder after being on it for a year, and only went on one date after using Okstupid.

I know I'm no oil painting, but I didn't think it would be this hard. I'm coming up to 27, and have about as much experience as a 10 year old.
>>
>>16583731
This has to be meme.
>>
>>16583731
You don't look ugly to me.
>>
Your forehead/hairline is the problem, OP. Generally everything else looks alright, you've got nice eyes and a good jawline. I'd suggest growing your hair out if you can, see if you can pull off a skater style fringe.
>>
You're definitely not bad looking judging from that photo, and that's actually a pretty bad one.

Are you like 5'4 or something? Are all your photos selfies? I just feel like there's something you're not telling us.

Facial hair is fine, eyebrows look good. Could probably jump on fin/minox and get a tan + gym for maxing out but you should be doing ok.
>>
Jesus dude get your shit together. This is stupid behavior. If you have problems with women it's definitely not your looks. Just the fact that you made a post like this tells me it's something about you on the inside. It's not sexy to be insecure like this. I bet you you'd have a chick no problem if you carried yourself with confidence and were secure with a job of some kind. You look good m8.
>>
>>16583753
I'm 180cm, I'm not tall. Pretty short.

>>16583760
I have a job, I work in commercial banking. Can't exactly get a tan in December, come on.
>>
>>16583781
>I work in commercial banking
You may lack personality. You are good looking, I think you're better than average. But people tend to judge you differently depending on how you carry yourself. Try and become a conversationalist.
>>
>>16583797
Not good looking enough according to the women I've been around.
>>
You can look like an ugly motherfucker and still have women crawling to you. I know of a guy who does bondage, and he has burn scars all over his face. He looks like he's wearing a mask, he's obscenely ugly. But his fetlife profile is full of the gorgeous women he scenes with all the time. That's probably because he has a lot of skills that make him sought after in the fetish community, but the point is that focusing on your appearance is probably not the way to get what you want. If you have money laying around because you're a banker, and you don't have any hobbies that are creative/sexy, become a connoisseur of something, preferably something sensuous like food (sushi, cheese, wine, etc.) or music.

I'm NEET (looking for a job but times are shitty) and probably about as physically attractive as you but I get laid on the reg because of my personality. You can do it too, because I was clueless for most of my life. Just keep it up and, if you want my advice, listen to what women have to say about what they find attractive. It's going to be a lot more convoluted and confusing than what a PUA or any other self-styled "romance expert" will tell you, but ultimately it will be more accurate. If you can't enjoy the ambiguity of peoples' feelings you won't get much pleasure out of relationships...
>>
File: 1450569300901.jpg (1 MB, 1076x1389) Image search: [Google]
1450569300901.jpg
1 MB, 1076x1389
>>16583731
>>16583747

>Your forehead/hairline is the problem, OP. Generally everything else looks alright, you've got nice eyes and a good jawline. I'd suggest growing your hair out if you can, see if you can pull off a skater style fringe.

You might be on to something here.
>>
>>16583802
Your physical appearance is heavily influenced by your personality and mood. If you feel insecure, you will look insecure. And even if you have a mostly symmetrical and proportionate face (which you do), it will not look very good with a frown or downcast eyes on it.
>>
>>16583826
My hair doesn't grow like that. I'm 26, and work in a corporate world, I don't want to look like an edgy teenager.
>>
>>16583802
Why the fuck are you listening to women?!?!?!?!
They never know what they want and sometimes they will even tell you that you are ugly to test you and see how you react, even if you are good looking.
You aren't ugly.
>>
>>16583826
This hairstyle might be better for the kind of hair you have.
>>
>>16583835
Listening to women =/= taking what women say at face value

The alternative is to treat all women the same, which will work for insecure, low self-esteem women. Which are not the kind I like to be with.
>>
>>16583837
I'm not bothered about my hair, it will be gone 4 years down the line. I have a decent hair cut, it's the lighting. I receive more criticism on my appearance than I want, to be honest.

>>16583835
Because they're usually right.
>>
>>16583837
Most of the time women don't care what your hair looks like. I'm balding and I'm young and I just shave my head. and I have big ears. They don't care.
>>16583840
Most women are insecure and do have a low self esteem. Especially young women.
>>
I'm a dude so I can't say much about the looks, but the forehead is obviously the problem, everything else is fine. Not sure there's anything you can do about it, but I'm fairly convinced that looks, while significant, pale in comparison to other qualities women look for. Try reading and applying some self-improvement and psychology crap, it actually works.
>>
>>16583851
Like I said I know I'm not good looking, and I can't do much about my forehead. The fact that you've mentioned that just makes realise how fucking ugly I must be.
>>
OP you're a handsome guy. I'd say maybe even above average, but certainly not below it.

Just don't listen to those girls. When people say nasty things they usually have an agenda (e.g. their own insecurities, neurotic prejudices, etc.).

Also, OKC is not a good way to assess yourself. Something as seemingly trivial as the way you pose for a photo could make you look like a complete retard to the person viewing it, when in actual real life the same person might find you highly attractive. The same is true in reverse - think about how good some girls look in pictures, but how perfectly mundane and unremarkable they look in real life. Also, on dating sites girls are judging you solely on your appearance, so they will judge more harshly - tiny things like your beard could be turn-offs.

Things to to try:
1. Completely revamp your dating profiles (new pictures, etc.) - try googling tips for making them better, but also just do it randomly and don't stress yourself out about it.
2. Investigate other dating options.
>>
File: 1435044306554.jpg (24 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1435044306554.jpg
24 KB, 251x242
>>16583859
Don't do this self-deprecating thing. The only reason I mentioned it is because you said some girls called you ugly. It's true that your forehead stands out a little, but overall you have a pretty average-looking face in my eyes.
My point was that your looks aren't the problem, there must be something else for the lack of success with women. I mean, I'm sure you can see guys who are way uglier than you have a lot of success with women, right? Not trying to be insulting here, but maybe you're awkward at times or stuff like that. Find out what the problem is and work on it.
>>
>>16583731
Are Brandon from /soc/? You sound just as pathetic
>>
>>16583875
He's like the new Brandon.

OP, I'd have sex with you based off your looks alone. But man, the insecurity is a mega turnoff.
>>
Also being sulky about we on not liking you is so unattractive and obvious
Sulky victim-like attitude is the world
>>
>>16583910
You must be fucking blind then. It's nothing to do with being insecure, I'm actually not physically attractive. I don't see it, so I don't know what the fuck are you seeing.
>>
Wrong, all of you are so fucking stupid it bothers me too much to read all this delusion

this guy IS ugly, women are telling him he's fucking ugly, what makes you think heterosexual males know better than WOMEN, you assholes?

Jesus. IT'S. HIS. FACE. IT'S NOTHING BUT HIS FACE. IT'S NOT HIS HAIR/ IT'S NOT HIS FOREHEAD. IT'S NOT HIS CHIN. IT'S THE MIDDLE OF HIS FACE THAT WOMEN THINK IS GROSS. IT'S WHY HE GETS NO MATCHES IN HIS ENTIRE LIFE AND IS A VIRGIN AT 27. NOT HIS MONEY, NOT HIS STYLE, NOT HIS ATTITUDE- HIS UGLY FACE IS THE HINDRANCE!!!!

Just get it through your thick skull, you men will never have sex and are just lying to yourselves with this "self improvement" bullshit.
>>
You're not bad looking. You kind of look like my friend's boyfriend, and you know, he has a girlfriend. I think you'd look better if you grew your hair out.
>>
>>16585039
>>16583745
>>16583747
>>16583753
>>16583760
>>16583814
>>16583835
>>16583828
100% of these are from men. You fucking idiots why don't you understand he's ugly and women think he's shit? who cares what men think about other men, all that matters is what women think.

>>16583851
>I'm a dude so I can't say much about the looks
you're absolutely right dude
>>
>>16585049
I'm >>16585039 and I have a vagina. Why do you care so much what people here think about this guy?
>>
Look babes, you needn't worry about that ur hot as fuck.
>>
>>16585052
where were you when he was searching for a girlfriend for 1 year and not getting 1 match? that's incredible, I just think you're either lying or influenced by something else (because he IS ugly). And I'm mad because most men believe in some bullshit about self improvement because it's convenient, instead of just accepting the hard truth that they can't change their biggest flaw - if they could then what's stopping them from becoming actors or models, sex symbols that get payed just to be attractive and have a decent personality - all they do is work out and work on "game" like the idiots they are. they're delusional, it pisses me off.
>>
Not messing with you work that face baby.
>>
NOT trolling trust me on this one.
>>
>>16583731
You're good looking.
Start dressing better. Grow your hair out and actually style it. Make sure you smell good.

Problem solved.
>>
>>16585067
>>16585062
>>16585057
Oh but you are, you're trolling him hard. Either that or pitying him and lying to him. Do I have to seriously describe his flaws to prove he's ugly?
>>
>>16585069
He's not good looking, bro. You're a man, you're not a homosexual or a woman. who are you to judge the sexual appeal of another male, are you a fag?
>>
>>16585071
Okay, say he's ugly. How does that help him? What advice do you have to offer him, besides "accept your fate"? Other people have given him advice as to what he can do to improve his looks, what do you have to add?
>>
>>16585071
OP here. Do it, I think everyone else must be fucking blind. Finally, someone sees what I see.
>>
>>16585075
nothing, this is how the world works. fixing his hair and clothes is literally going around the issue, his face. his cheekbones are too low and far back, women can tell and men can't... he may have a likeable personality so people pity him, if he came off as an asshole nobody would help him.

the point is, nothing you can do can improve your situation in this regard. it's completely hopeless and men lie to each other to boost themselves up.
>>
>>16585080
Okay, you're hideous. What advice do you want?
>>
>>16585085
Finally, no advice is going to help me. Gone beyond the stage of help, I'm not a virgin but I'm ugly enough to be one.
>>
>>16585090
So why'd you make this thread?
>>
>>16585097
maybe he wanted somebody to tell him the truth, he seems happy so why are you replying and replying? you mad, asshole?
>>
>>16583781

not short
>>
>>16585098
No, I just want some insight into what it's like to be so ugly and deformed. Do you want to talk about your experiences too?
>>
>>16585097
To revel in the negative criticism, and to affirm that I'm right, and I am right. I get tired of hearing that it's your hair, it's your clothes. When it's nothing to do with that, I'm just coming to terms being born ugly. It's taken me to 26 to realise that.
>>
>>16585060
Stop being so mad this thread is bait I've seen the exact same one some weeks ago
>>
>>16585073
Why do you assume I'm not sexually attracted to men?

He's got a decently strong jawline. Pretty good cheekbones. Proportionate nose. No butt chin.
I'd hit it.

Longer, styled hair, would make that forehead look a little smaller, which would help.
>>
>>16585107
I've been bullied and treated badly for it. My brother has been treated really well because he's attractive.
>>
>>16585113
Sucks to be you. I'm glad I'm not ugly
>>
>>16585107
It's generally hard, because when you realise you're the most ugly fuck around it doesn't give you much confidence in yourself but it's just accepting it. It's taking time, but I'm getting there. It doesn't help when you try, and you're told you're ugly by dozens of women So, I now realise not to bother.
>>
It's simple. You're a pussy. There's no other answer. My friend, pic related, who is literally the biggest faggot in the theatre club is getting fucked while you're bitching about getting a gf. You need to just start talking to women more and get the fuck outside. Bar, club, social event, gym, or music folk festivals. especially the folk festival, they eat that shit up.
>>
File: cutthroat.png (259 KB, 395x487) Image search: [Google]
cutthroat.png
259 KB, 395x487
>>16585110
Pretty good cheekbones? that's his worst flaw, his jaw is good, but it's one of the least important features. pic related is an attractive guy just as an example, that hetero men would think is average like OP, but women and gay men think he's hot BECAUSE of his cheekbones.

>>16585109
oh... I've never seen it, still I felt good raging.
>>
>>16585121
Definitely bait here. No one that ugly would get fucked.
>>
>>16585117
Is it so bad? how good is it to have sex?
>>
>>16585128
More proof. Fat mother fucker doesn't give a shit. It doesn't take much to impress a chick.
>>
>>16585121
I believe you because your friend has a better chin and cheekbones than OP, he's NOT ugly to women, but to hetero men he's "below average".

who gives a fuck what men think about men who get pussy.
>>
>>16585129
Sex is great. The physical side is pretty good itself, but then there's the connection you have with the other person if it's not just carnal sex, which is a whole new level of amazing.
>>
>>16585132
His girl is obviously blind, why else would she wear glasses you dull cunt.
>>
>>16585137
Not really, it sounds primitive. Like you're kind of bragging, when really I'm in the top 10% of attractive men and trolling you to appease your ego.

The average man has sex a few times, but not many men have women crawling for them like I do. It's because of my cheekbones, they're very high and prominent.
>>
>>16585143
Why would you lie on the internet like that?
>>
>>16585139
Nope, not blind at all. He just was really into movies and poetry. He knew how to make conversation
>>
>>16585139
>I don't understand what glasses do
>>
>>16585149
dude you're a fucking guy... you're a straight, heterosexual, hopeful, optimistic MALE.

you can not fucking tell this friend of yours has high prominent cheekbones? look at his underye area, look at how his cheekbones hit right under his eyes and are forward-set, this is what OP lacks. what do you have to say to this, f-----t?
>>
>>16585149
Anyone can like movies, I like movies. It's not going to get yourself a girlfriend. He's obviously got some money behind, why else would she be with someone that ugly.
>>
>>16585149>>16585151
and btw, thanks for the pics of him because I can confirm what I've been saying to myself. op is ugly because his cheekbones are low and men still tell him he's attractive. your friend is hot because his are high set and men call him ugly just because he's fat and nerdy looking. men are idiots, i want to convert to the female sex and manipulate these guys for money, i swing both ways like that.
>>
jesus what is your obsession with cheekbones lmao
>>
>>16583781
>180cm
>short

kill you are self pls
>>
>>16585152
I'm not saying liking movies is what got him a gf.I'm just saying he could make conversation and wasn't afraid of getting rejected. It's not that hard to grasp. isn't about good cheekbones or cash, it's how you present yourself to others and being confident. He was funny, had shit to talk about, and socialized a lot.
>>
>>16585161
find 1 hot guy with bad cheekbones, bet you can't. they're the most important bone in beauty and 80% of men have bad cheekbones that's why most men are virgins and hated by women like op.
>>
>>16585165
I've made plenty of conversations about films with women, didn't get me anywhere. I'm calling bullshit on this one.
>>
>>16585171
He is in the theatre club and does plays or some shit. Met her there.not hard to see a connection, just need to social more.
>>
>>16585188
read what I wrote and consider you're wrong pleaseeee, you're so deluded with this
>just need to social more
BULLSHIT I'm telling you because you're acting childish believing a lie
>>16585151
>>16585154
>>
>>16585188
Being social is not going to do anything. I've done all those things, but because I'm so unattractive no amount of sweet talk will help me. Stop being so delusional.
>>
>>16585205
if you're OP, I just want to say I let myself get too worked up over this thread. there's a lot of men like you, and I chose to reply dozens of times to this one thread, and I know it doesn't make you feel better to know the truth (that you're ugly because of your bad bone structure and women know it) but there must be something else you can do in life, fill the void idk... you're unsuccessful with woman but that's it, plenty of mammals fail to reproduce... humans are better because of their neo cortex, broadened potential, not just "survive and reproduce" like animals. good luck in life!!
>>
>>16585218
It's not just cheekbones, my face is fucking rancid. I've been told many of times.
>>
>>16585224
you and most guys, you're normal.
>>
>>16583731

You're not an oil painting, but, as probably many people have already stated, you're not ugly. You're average.

First, looks are really framed by your personality. For example, most girls who have just met me assume I am gruff and intimidating, but I get told as soon as I smile and have a more 'positive' face, they are more prone to find me appealing and get to know my personality.

Second, having style is important. N.B. it is most important to have a style that is flattering to your body type and personality. There is no point mimicking fashion magazines or taking every single tip from /fa/; you have to pick and choose, make decisions and think about your audience. Girls in a club are not looking for a well-presented business style, they want, generally, more urban/grunge/fucboi style.

At 27 years-old, you should be donning graphic-less, button-up shirts, raglan cuts and some well-fitted tapered/skinny jeans depending w/ (not to be underplayed) matching and quality shoes (invest in dark tanned, dark brown or black boots for special occasions and some streetwear plimsoles for everyday stuff). Accessories should be minimal and avoid wearing hats unless required for work/protection/UV reasons. A nice satchel or an appropriately thick and flashy watch are fine.

Protip: invest in a nice cologne. It does not have to be expensive, but ask someone to match your skin scents and re-smell after a test spritz in 30 mins so that the aromas have mixed with your natural scent. I cannot tell you how many times I have been out and a girl has told me I smell amazing/hot and she gets closer to my chest to take a whiff. This is optimal time to make moves or invitation to make a compliment about her.

Third, and not least, have some capacity to banter. No girl wants to simply talk about the run-of-the-mill. Ask about HER. Girls want someone interested in them. They want a guy who can make them laugh as well. If you can make a girl laugh, you are half-way there.
>>
If you aren't a Brandon fishing for compliments with weird body dysmorphia: As a 7/10 woman judging by the picture, you're pretty cute, heck even above average. You probably have an uninteresting personality, or are very boring if no girl is interested.

What are you interested in? What are you into?

>>16585284
A lot of this is good advice
>>
>>16585284
I'm not into 'banta'

>>16585325
I'm looking for the boring types of women. Someone on my level, just as boring.
>>
>>16585284
I got a the time on my phone, so see the point buying a watch just for the fun of it.
>>
BRANDON LIVES

jfc.
>>
>>16585488
I'm nothing like him, I actually try.

>>16585284
I appreciate the advise, but I dress well and always get complimented with what I wear. Nonetheless, it doesn't make a bit of difference when talking to women.
>>
>>16583731
femanon, you could definately work on some things but your not ugly
>>
>>16585507
advice*
>>
>>16585509
For example?
>>
>>16585507
Lower your standards?
Get a personality?
>>
>>16585513
definately a different haircut and you should actually smile more so you come across as someone somebody wants to be around
>>
>>16585517
My standards are pretty low already.

>>16585518
Smiling? Nah, I'll just get perceived as a pushover.
>>
>>16585525
>I'll just get perceived as a pushover
It's better than failing at being a tough guy.
>>
>>16585531
I'm not being a tough guy, I just don't see how looking effeminate is going to improve my chances.
>>
>>16585532
smiling will make people feel more comfortable around you. its creepy as fuck being around a guy that looks like he wants to murder you 24/7
>>
>>16585535
That's your problem then. You're just scared of difference.
>>
>>16585539
you are delusional
>>
>>16585544
Nah, you're just a dickhead.
>>
>>16585544
If I told a woman to smile, I would be called a dickhead. You're doing the same to me.
>>
>>16585549
And you wonder why women run away from you on tinder and okcupid.
>>
>>16585552
wtf man chill
>>
>>16585560
I am chilled. I'm just stating like it is.
>>
1. hit the gym
2. work on your self confidence
No one is putting yourself down but yourself

t. 5'7 shitskin that is good looking but with low self esteem
>>
>>16585563
You will be. I'm 180cm, and always get told how short I am.
>>
>>16585572

>180cm
>Short

uwotm8?
>>
>>16585579
180cm is short. Women always say how short I am.
>>
>>16585572
I will be..
What?
>>
>>16585588
Having low self-esteem; you're 5'7
>>
>>16585581
Well that's your first clue. 180cm isn't short, but women still tell you, you are short?

Women say all kinds of shit that doesn't have a true meaning.

OR you may just be so insecure that your posture sucks balls and you look 10 cm shorter than you actually are. Even then you would look 170 which is on the short side sure, but 170 cm guys also get laid all the time.

As long as the women you are with are shorter than you they are not going to think you are short for real. They might just say it to fuck with you. Every woman does this. If you can't handle it they will loose their interest in you. If you are confident you are not going to give two shits about women (or men) giving you negative comments and it's going to show. People like confidence.

90% of the time when someone gives you shit it doesn't mean anything. So it should not enter your own reality.
>>
>>16585597
Nope I have good posture, but when I comparing myself to other men I feel short. Women also say it too, and usually notice women taller than myself.
>>
>>16585602
I usually*
>>
>>16585597
>180cm isn't short
Where? I'm 188 and I'm average in my region.
>>
>>16585549
Chill dude.
>>
>>16585643
m8 i'm chill, you wouldn't tell a woman to smile, would you? works both ways.
>>
as a woman with very selective taste, I could 100% see myself fucking you. but I would consider doing something new with your hair. plus your eyes show that you're not very confident. smile and make direct eye contact, and don't second guess yourself OP. you're just fine.
>>
Are you trolling? Because you look quite handsome to me...
>>
>>16583848
>Most of the time women don't care what your hair looks like.
I beg to differ. I've always cared.
>>
>>16585602
If you aren't confident, you don't have a good posture. That's just how it works. You might not notice it yourself but being insecure shows on people, the way they stand and walk etc.

You clearly aren't confident. Believe me it will show.

If most women are over 180cm over there you live in some weird lanky people universe. Still there are probably a lot of under 180 women around so it's not a real problem.

Oh and BTW you could tell a woman to smile. But you have to be cheeky about it.

If you think that smiling will make you a push over you are smiling in the wrong situations.
>>
lmao fuck off faggot

some of us are actually ugly but you dont see us whining on /adv/ about it
>>
>>16583731
Your eyes look sad.
Fake a smile. Being told to smile is really annoying, but you really need to not look so depressed.
>>
>>16585694
Bloody hell, that's a first. You live the UK?
>>
>>16583731
Hi Brandon. If this isn't bait, then I'd have to say you're pretty well fucked if you're actually this insecure about the way you look. I know guys that are WAY uglier than you but still slay some pussy or have girlfriends/wives.

I'm a 8/10 grill and just by looking at a picture of you, I'd have sex with you. Objectively, you're totally fuckable as long as your dick works and it's not a micro.

But after reading this thread and seeing how hopelessly insecure you are, it would make my vagina dry up so fast. Women don't want a long term relationship with a guy like that.

You're either going after girls that are out of your league and/or you have some major personality flaws.
>>
>>16585958
I don't want a long term relationship. To me that's suffocation.

I go after girls that are usually 5-4/10. It's just most of them are just too picky.
>>
>>16586225
same here.

5+/10 girls have so many options nowadays it's ridiculous. The amount of hoops you have to jump through to just have the privilege to ask her out for coffee or some shit is ridiculous.
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.