[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suppose you have a partner that is in college with you. You've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Suppose you have a partner that is in college with you. You've been dating for over 3 years.
>they do horrible with classes, barely a C average, literally say they hate school. Always has been that way. Barely happy with their major. Takes years to complete what would normally be a few semesters of classes.
>meanwhile you do great and are set to graduate with a high gpa with a stem major set for high earnings. and wouldn't mind supporting them and would like to marry them one day.

Is it wrong to suggest that maybe they should quit college once you graduate as opposed to you living in your college town with them for possibly years while you wait for them to graduate?

I'm not sure. I would be OK with staying here waiting for them to graduate but I mean...
Just been thinking about it for the future because they just told they failed 2 classes this semester and they even took classes they have a real interest in. And we live together and I watched as they put off studying to watch seasons worth of TV shows. They're really not interested. I didn't pressure them to continue with college with me as far as I know.
>>
>>16581975
I would not stay with them simply because they cant pay back their debt, and if your SO is a woman, she's a retard for staying in school when she isn't suited for it
>>
Suggest it to them. See what they wanna do.

Dont force it on them, but explain your way of thinking and that you wanna move out somewhere else together. And that if they really dont like college maybe they should be pursuing something else
>>
>>16581975
"They" had better be fantastic in bed, because this disparity between your different intelligences, dedications, work ethics and ability to carry on an interesting conversation is just going to loom ever larger as life goes on.
>>
>>16582013

Why would you break up with someonw because they have debt?

What does that have to do with the relationship? Especially student loans which EVERYONE has now
>>
>>16582021
since they are unable to excel in school they will not be able to get a job that can service their debt. they also have shown they are too stupid to realize that racking up loans just to fuck around and netflix all day is a terrible life plan

said debt, if you stay with them, becomes YOUR debt. it is a massive, stressful albatross around your neck

stop trying to excuse white knighting.
>>
>>16582013
>>16582021
>>16582035
Well actually financial aid is paying for almost all of it atm.
They pay about $100 a semester after the aid.
Cost isn't so much of an issue.
Though if they have their GPA fall below 2.0 fafsa may change that and they wouldn't receive any further aid. I think they're at a 2.2? Not sure.
>>
>>16582019
We have similar intelligence. We carry conversations very well. I love talking with them better than my classmates that get better or the same grades that I do.

It's really an issue that they hate writing essays and they're in a writing intensive major (history).
They have 5 page essays that they're given 2+ weeks notice on. They wait until 1-2 days before it's due to start. I try to help then remember to start them, but I feel like their parent...
They do very well in quizzes and exams related to history though. Like 14/15s or 90+%
They also hate almost all classes unrelated to history and won't study or do homework associated.
>>
File: whatadisgrace.jpg (138 KB, 472x480) Image search: [Google]
whatadisgrace.jpg
138 KB, 472x480
>and wouldn't mind supporting them and would like to marry them one day
>>
>>16582055
>Well actually financial aid is paying for almost all of it atm.
loans or scholarships?
>>
>>16582015
I feel like if I ask them they might drop out. They usually are pretty submissive.
I'm more worried if they might resent me later for it

But I mean, is that wrong of me to ask?
Also I'm not even sure what they'd be able to do without a degree

They've been working at Rite aid for over 5 years as a cashier. They don't want to move up to manager title because they don't want the extra hassle.
>>
>>16582085
Pell grant and a state grant.
Never will need to be repaid.
Not loans.
>>
>>16581975
Is your partner depressed? Because it sure sounds like it.
>>
>>16582097
Kind of doubt it.
We moved about an hour away from home for this college, so they do miss their family and friends I know. That could be why they watched so much Netflix and played so much video games.
But on the other hand, as far as I know they could have jerked around the same amount before we moved in but living with them makes it more apparent.
Because I mean they had the same kind of grades before we moved or even started dating.
They seems pretty happy, I don't notice their emotional state being really different.
Also they doesn't seem to care about their grades and failing those 2 classes.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.