[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CT Scan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1434863553485.gif (774 KB, 276x220) Image search: [Google]
1434863553485.gif
774 KB, 276x220
Anyone had a CT before? What do I have to do?

I'm somewhat anxious.

I'm going for one because I'm suffering from ice pick headaches, migraines and ocular migraines.

My doctor wants to make sure there isn't any underlying issues.
>>
>>16581923
You lie down on a bed-like thing. The thing moves into the round tunnel like thing. You lie there for 10 or 15 minutes. You may hear some clicking noises. The bed-like thing moves out of the round thing. You get up and go home. The machine prints out some stuff and eventually the doctor looks at it and tells you what it means.

There is nothing invasive, nothing painful.
>>
>>16582049
Fuck. I hate that sort of shit though, what if I have like a panic attack? ;-;
>>
>>16582057
If you like tight, closed spaces and sudden loud noises, you'll be fine.
>>
>>16582057
It's not an MRI, you don't sit in a tight tube and it's not very loud. It's like a big metal donut that goes around you. It doesn't take that long. Sack up.
>>
>>16582057
It's all fine unless they give you a contrast. You feel it burning in your veins. And it's really burning.
>>
File: andy.jpg (133 KB, 615x818) Image search: [Google]
andy.jpg
133 KB, 615x818
>>16582057
just meditate , its sooooo relaxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67SeR3LxtdI
>>
File: 15-bukowski-by-andersen.jpg (2 MB, 2400x3534) Image search: [Google]
15-bukowski-by-andersen.jpg
2 MB, 2400x3534
>>16582135
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZIsOLKfr6E
>>
>>16581923
Xray technician here. A ct scan takes maybe 10 seconds scan time but you will be on the table and in the donut for a few minutes. Mostly because of the technician making you comfortable and telling a few things. It is probably one of the easiest things in the hospital. Dont overthink it. Also they wont use contast because if they would they would have told you. Ct contrast for a brain scan is rare anyway, mri is used way more for that. Ct is a quick way to rule out a number of things easily. Gl op!

Also, ct contast doesnt burn lol. You may feel a warm rush through your body but that is usually it
>>
>>16582135
Here.... I come to save the day!
>>
You have to lie down with your arms over your head (they give you something to hold on to) for a little while.

If they need to inject you with a radioactive dye, then they put a drip in you, feed it in, and you get a really warm tingly feeling throughout your entire body - but that's about it.

It's not an enclosed tube, it's more like a big doughnut that you're being partially inserted into. Both ends are open, so you don't get that feeling of being restricted.
>>
>>16581923
>Anyone had a CT before? What do I have to do?
I've had that many CT scans that it's a wonder I don't glow in the dark and/or turn in to a giant green monster every time I get angry. It's really and truley nothing to worry about.

The machine is like a a giant tyre with a trolley attached to it. You lay down on the trolley, flat on your back with your arms by your side - this is the worst part of the whole thing, as the trolley is quite hard so it's not very comfy. It is curved though, which makes it a bit better, and sometimes they'll put a blanket on it which helps a bit too. They allways let me have a pillow for my head, but the scans were looking at the tumour in my stomach, I don't know if they'll let you have one if they're looking at your head, it might mess the scan up. Anyway, when they start it up the trolley slides in t the "tyre" (it moves really, really slow so it's not like you feel you'll fall off it or anything) until the part of you they want to image is in the middle, they tell you to keep really still and hold your breath (it's less than ten seconds), then they tell you to relax. There's also light up signs on the machine to tell you when you need to be still and when you can relax. When the machine is working it makes a noise a bit like a hair dryer, but not as loud. If they need to image a different part of you they'll move the trolley again, or if the first one didn't come out well they take another one, then it's job done. The trolley slides out, you get off, put your coat back on and go home.

CT's are a cake walk really. MRI's are the bad ones. It feels like you've been sealed in to a cylindrical coffin and sounds like you're being fired out of a machine gun. Not a pleasant experience at all.
>>
Bro atleast ur not doing an MRI, had to do that shit for brain cancer, so fucking loud
>>
>>16582181
>tyre
>trolley
>tumour
>trolley is not very comfy
Hee hee.

This is a great, helpful post, but personally I had a hard time paying attention because I was too busy enjoying the Britishisms.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.