[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1430024450050.jpg (13 KB, 255x225) Image search: [Google]
1430024450050.jpg
13 KB, 255x225
I think. I'm fucked, /adv/.

Long story short, Hypothyroid runs in my family, and I'm starting to show symptoms. I'm 26, so it's about right. Here's the catch. I can't afford insurance. I don't make enough money to afford insurance from my job, especially since they recently forced a 401k plan that is ruining my already shitty financial situation, and the obamacare option doesn't cover prescriptions anyway (on top of being painfully worthless).

What the fuck do I do?
>>
Go make a Google Voice account and then cancel your phone contract. Come back once you've done that.
>>
>>16580728

1. Make more money.
2. Cut down on unnecessary expenses.
3. Sell possessions.

Choose.
>>
>>16580728
Now's the time to start doing research as to finding jobs that do cover the medications you need that you're also qualified for (given your past education).

Your health is paramount. Start doing the research now while you're STARTING to show the signs as opposed to when you have to because you're fully exhibiting them.

Good luck, senpai
>>
>>16580774

1) Impossible with my shitty job, especially while going to school. I go to school part time, and work 40 hours.

>inb4 better Job xDdd

I've been trying. Trust me. This area sucks ass. It took me 4 months and two temp agencies to get this one.

2) I'm about as low as I can get.
>Rent is $560
This is as low as it gets. Other efficiencies/Studios start around $700

>$40+/- in utilities
More if I get sick of freezing/heat stroke

>$65 car insurance
Aunt is my agent. Literally can't get any lower

>$85 Internet
Was lower, but they jacked it up because they can do whatever they want

>phone is $50
Cut down by moving to my parent's plan. Flexible pay, as long as they eventually get it.

>$250ish in gas
Car isn't the best, but this is unavoidable

Hard to cut any more than I have already.

3) That would mean I have anything worth money. I managed to get some cash for some magic cards, but they're long gone.

>>16580805
I've been trying. Shit sucks here.
>>
>>16580841

Can your aunt/relatives fork over the money?

>>16580805

You could at least try it, anon.
>>
Be sure to look up all the holistic help for hypothyroidism. I'm sure there's foods that help and foods you should avoid, you should start an exercise program, supplements to take, etc

Do everything that you can right now to hold onto the health you still have.
>>
>>16580871

Sadly no, especially since my folks recently had to file for bankruptcy because my dad had a stroke a few years ago, and his employer of 15+ years tried to fuck him out of every penny they could. I'm on my own here.

>>16580878

Dieting only goes so far.
>>
>>16580909

Student loan, then?
>>
>>16580909
>Dieting only goes so far.
So are you already doing it or just giving up because you don't want to?
>>
>>16580954
I've been taking as much subsidized as I can because unsubsidized scares me, but because it's part time, it really isn't that much. I'm planning on going to full time school soon, but idk if I can afford it. That's another issue entirely.

>>16580982
My diet is whatever I can afford. Rice, beans, free eggs from my parent's chickens. Meat sometimes when I can both afford and have time to cook it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.