[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it always a bad idea to date someone from work? Her friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: 1450479851687.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1450479851687.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
Is it always a bad idea to date someone from work?

Her friend has invited me to go drinking with them
>>
If it's just like a temporary job then it's not as big of a deal. If it's like your career then it's a fucking terrible idea.
>>
depends on the person's personality imho

how often that person is angry, what they do when they do, etc
>>
>>16580628
We're both permanent employees

>>16580633
She's quite nice in general, seemed interested in me earlier but now is kinda cooling off a bit
>>
>>16580623
Ops pic has nice boobs but male face and its disturbing
>>
>>16580623
The statistics say that 1/10 or something like that meet their parter at the workplace, so it's pretty common.
>>
>>16580638

I mean if it's some place you're going to work a while. If things go bad (like they often do) you're going to have to be ok with pretty much every single person you work with knowing what happens between you two. I don't think it's worth it. Look elsewhere.
>>
>>16580628

This. Since you are both permanent employees, bad idea.

Also, 'having drinks' with your colleague and her friend outside of work does not constitute as a date, even if you might think that it does.
>>
>>16580663
Nah just getting to know them, hopefully it'll be a regular thing
>>
>>16580640
it's not a male face, except for the ugly eyebrows
>>
>>16580702
>weird small slitted eyes
>almost no lips
>rather wide jaw

Yeah m8
>>
There's been a few cases at my work where love has blossomed between co workers
>>
File: 1450472210752.jpg (56 KB, 615x960) Image search: [Google]
1450472210752.jpg
56 KB, 615x960
>>16580702
>>16580717
You guys have no concept of beauty
>>
File: avengers.jpg (36 KB, 373x327) Image search: [Google]
avengers.jpg
36 KB, 373x327
>>16580717
>>16580640
>male face
What
>>
>>16581113
They're probably high
>>
I started dating, then married a girl I worked with.

It's great. But everyone and everything is different. It could turn out to be a nightmare for it.

It all depends on the individual.
>>
>>16580623
Holy shit, she's beautiful as
>>
>>16581391
How closely were you working with her?

Was there interest in the beginning between you and her?
>>
If it's going great: no problems, as long as you can handle people gushing about how cute you are.

If things are going to shit: expect everyone to know all your problems

If you break up: awkwardness, no matter how mature you try to be about it
>>
>>16581891
So it's still mostly fucking good?
>>
>>16580623
Don't shit where you eat.
>>
>>16582151
Why do you say that?
>>
>>16582428
not that anon, but it's the truth. you don't want to create a potential for drama in any area of your life that is crucial to your survival. you don't want drama at your job any more than you'd want to start drama with your landlord.

if it's a big enough company that you don't really run into each other more than once every week or two, your chances of it not blowing up in your face are better. you might chance it then. but even then, the company could do some hairbrained crosstraining reorg shit and you could get transferred to her department or vice versa, or end up working closely together with little or no warning.

and even mature people sometimes have trouble resisting the temptation to talk smack about their ex. if you're the ex, it makes for some juicy drama for your coworkers and a bad time for you, especially if the boss feels it's disruptive to the workplace for whatever reason.
>>
>>16582428
What are you, retarded

If you date someone from work, you risk sharing your work space with someone who could be;

weird after you break up
violent
a child molester
a violent child molester
a weird, violent child molester

Better to avoid the possibility of weirdness and date people who you won't have to see regularly in case it fucks up
>>
Not OP
but how does all this apply to college?
my department( 60 people) has practically no contact to the rest of the university and there are some neat grills in it I would have to see on a daily basis even if I fucked up dating one of them.
>>
But love will find a way
>>
>>16582777
Ugh.
>>
>>16580623
I won't give you a yes/no answer because it's not that easy you lazy fuck ;-P

Instead, I think you just need to be aware of the risks you are taking and think about how to mitigate them.

Fucking a girl from work automatically comes with:
>Everyone at work knowing how good you are in bed, how big your dick is, the shit you say, any awkwardness that happened
Are you cool with that?

Every woman is different of course and some can really keep secrets/you can trust her. But all it takes some dumb bitch getting drunk with her friends and suddenly every girl at work knows your business. You mitigate this risk by picking the right type of girl to get into it with at work.

You also mitigate it by realizing you're going to have to be the bigger man if shit goes wrong and do your best to not let shit get acidic. You know what I mean? Try to keep things cordial at least because pissing each other off could affect your income.

Do you want to get fired because you burned a girl that you work with and she started a crazy campaign of doom on you at work?

Fucking girls from work is hot; I've been there. But realize shit can go very, very wrong and also realize you should take proactive measures to protect yourself.
>>
If you break up with them, they can easily lie about whatever they want and get you fired/blackmail you.

Best case scenario when you do eventually break up is that it's incredibly awkward around the office. Think about it.

Don't do it.
>>
>>16580623
I recently moved to a new workplace with a friend of mine, and he was invited out for drinks and I wasn't. It was heartbreaking. Even though I would've politely declined, it would've been nice to be asked.
>>
>>16582811
Who the fuck gives a shit about what other people at work say? Coworkers talk shit about everyone.
>>
>>16582811
We have many people dating/married at my workplace. I don't remember breakups, though. It feels like when they break up, one of them would leave the job, too? Don't know what they do to keep it civilized.

Just thinking out loud here, cause I hooked up with a guy from work a couple of years back. Then a non-work boyfriend followed. Yesterday a really hot/nice guy asked me out from work, and I went "okay". I'm cursing PMS and my yesterday self, I should've just thanked him and politely say no. He's too good, I don't know how I could deliver the belated no... Looking at other jobs already lol
>>
Not if you dont care about your job kek
>>
>>16582811
Heh, yeah, thanks heaps though

She's there with some good friends from uni and I'm also there with good friends both from uni and made at the workplace, so I'm not really worried about gossiping

Her friend actually asked if I was "a x" with a smile on her face, after they were talking about relationship shit I presume.

I'll definitely keep the not being a dick and not letting shit get too acidic in mind.

I've noticed her mires sometimes, but she's lately been a bit less friendly, if I can call it that, possibly also to avoid being hurt
>>
the last girl i hooked up with was from work. but i was getting fired anyway so i took a shot

took her out to the bar. made out in her car.

next day at work we have small talk. just a little awkward

i get fired.

she comes over. i bang her

now im kind of a douche. whenever i fuck someone i loose all feelings of attachment. she still tries to hook up but i give no fucks and im already with other girls

but man do it if there's nothing to cling onto your ball hair and cause you trouble later on
>>
Test it out and see?
>>
>>16580640
It's the eyebrows man, the eyebrows.
>>
>>16582146
Depends on how it goes. And you never know how it's going to go.
>>
You don't know whatll happen if you don't try
>>
She's fucking be beautiful
>>
>>16585514
Wat
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.