[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this an autistic thing to send to a female friend (that I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2015-12-18-18-18-07.png (127 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-18-18-18-07.png
127 KB, 720x1280
Is this an autistic thing to send to a female friend (that I might secretly like)?
>>
Try "hey, wanna make a DQ run? I'll buy" don't lump in that manipulative "waah I have no food I'm lonely" shit
>>
>>16580596
I just don't want her to think in asking herout or something.

Also I probably should have mentioned that this really is about the food. I can't drive and she's the only friend of mine available that can.
>>
>>16580596

I second this. Short and sweet. Your's is long and weirdly worded.
>>
>>16580594
"Hey you hungry? Wanna grab some dq? I'll get you a frosty if you drive! "
>>
>>16580596
>>16580596
Don't listen to this jackass.

If dubs, you have to demand that she takes you to DQ in exchange for a blizzard, AND you lump in a lot of that manipulative "I'm lonely and broke" shit.

If trips, ask her out in the most awkward way possible while you're out on this favor.

Yolo OP
>>
>>16580596
>>16580651
>>16580644
How do you think this way? Not OP but may as well be, I over think and over elaborate on everything.
>>
File: 14509430.jpg (24 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
14509430.jpg
24 KB, 320x240
>>16580660
>660
>>
Oh also I forgot to mention that I would send this as two messages, and that the '\n' represents a new message.

>>16580651
I'm asking her a for favor, if I make it sound like an invitation she'd might say no when she otherwise wouldn't.

My objectives here are food and not sounding like a retard. I'm really not trying to get her to like me and I don't care if she does.
>>
>>16580699
You're afraid of being rejected. You're indirectly trying to buy her love because that's easier than to man the fuck up.
>>
>>16580699
Then don't worry about how it sounds OP go for it, the autistic thing was asking us
>>
>>16580673
I'm also wondering, I'd be more verbose than OP is.
>>
>>16580699
Holy shit. What's wrong with asking a friend to go get food? Are you that autistic?
>>
>>16580705
I don't care about being rejected. I don't want to fuck up our friendship because I only have like 3 real friends.

>>16580706
Yea, I know. But I don't care if people on an anonymous image board think I'm autistic.
>>
>>16580729
>Yea, I know. But I don't care if people on an anonymous image board think I'm autistic.
Different anon but then why are you asking if it's autistic?
>>
>>16580594
Totally not austistic, just poorly worded.

Trim the fat and send. Don't do two messages.
>>
>>16580729
So treat her like a friend and not your taxidriver. Do >>16580596
>>
>>16580594
My love life and my stomach are emtpy. Would you like to fix one or both of those?
>>
>>16580753
Not OP, but the reason he's asking is because he wants feedback from a broader sample of people than just himself and the message's recipient.

What he means is, he might not care about /adv/'s opinion of him personally, but he is definitely interested in what they think of his message he wants to send.
>>
fucking lol
>>
I give up. It's getting late, and I can't write something that sounds concise and not rude without it sounding like I'm hitting on her.

I don't need to eat that bad any way.
>>
>>16580803
Even what you wrote in the OP doesn't sound like you're hitting on her. You're a fucking retard and deserve to starve now.
>>
>>16580803
We literally spoon fed it to you. You deserve to be hungry and lonely senpai
>>
>>16580673
>>16580712
All the information is not necessarily the correct amount of information, especially all at once.
You want things to serve a purpose, or else people will assume their purpose. Why does she need to know that he doesn't have food and no one is around? OP is probably thinking that he needs to explain himself, as if she couldn't possibly understand why he would message her to just get food.
But she could (as others in the thread have) interpreted this as a guilt trip ("If you don't take me out, I will starve") and/or sexual implications ("No one is home, let's have hot steamy buttsex").

Plus if he's concise, he has conversation material lined up. Once she picks him up, he can say, "I'm glad you agreed, I don't have any food here!" and she can feel like she's doing something good, without feeling forced into it.

Alternatively, bringing it up at all could make her feel like a taxi service and as if he is just using her for her car.

I hope he talks & hangs out with her instead of being a quiet sperg who walks in and out. Because that would make me feel used.
>>
>>16580594
>Is this an autistic thing to send to a female friend (that I might secretly like)?
Not as much as secretly liking her is in the first place
>>
File: 1446958749718.jpg (45 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1446958749718.jpg
45 KB, 500x364
>>16580803

You serious, man? That's stupid.

K.I.S.S
Keep it Simple, Stupid.

>"It's late, but be the wheel(wo)man to DQ and there's a blizzard in it for you."
>>
>>16580673
i didn't say that stuff but pretend she's a bro with a penis, one you can barely put up with but stay friends with because they'd be so fucking overwhelming to confront or try to avoid. i think like you and this is the only way i could hope to think like that person
>>
>>16580864
and what i should have added is you SHOULD do this instead of overcomplicating shit. be yourself too. but you have to say hey wanna do a DQ run? i'll buy you a frosty or else you aren't being yourself. would you tell your guy friend about no one being home and not having food? sure, but only after being on the way there if they wanted to go. otherwise your guy friend would think he could have just said that in the car. therefore be yourself by pretending she has a penis. you talk to your guy friends like yourself so by doing this you'd talk to her like yourself
>>
>>16580875
> just treat her like a guy friend
I'm trying

> would you have said that to a guy friend [in your opening text]?
Yes, absolutely. This is why I came to /adv/ to get my autism checked.
>>
>>16580886
Did you send her the text we told you to?
I'm hungry for DQ and want to live vicariously through you. What would you order?
>>
>>16580886
>>16580875
Oh, also
>jus bee urshelf
That's what I was doing.
>>
>>16580890
See
>>16580803

I'm too retarded to get to eat tonight.
>>
>>16580894
okay i would have said that to my guy friend too, what you said in OP. problem is my autism is off the charts too. thats why i told you what i'd need to do in your situation, treat her like that obnoxious in your face guy you only stay friends with and talk to because he'd be too overwhelming to confront or try to avoid. i'm 24 now and that's the only way i've figured out how to interact with people and especially girls who are always less enthusistic than me. when you're together and not texting, just be yourself and enthusiastic. the only thing you have to worry about in person is focusing on how the other person feels and has been responding before you say something
>>
>>16580908
I don't know what that looks like. I know those people exist, but I haven't really ever had a friend like that. If I feel that way about someone then I tend to just completely ignore them and never become their friend in the first place.

Or maybe it's because I'm that person foreveryone else.
>>
>>16580929
no, you're not. you're not an asshole. you're smart to avoid them in the first place. one was my neighborish so i just kind of went with it. so just imagine that one of those people were your neighbor and how you'd cope with talking to them (which is keeping it as simple as possible) cause you'd rather say fuck off or ignore them but it's so awkward. you don't need to do any of this if it doesnt work, its just what worked for me. basically turning explanations into objectives. want to go to DQ and buy her a blizzard in return. so how do i word that as short as possible? when it comes to why you want to, just wait to explain in person if it'd be a conversation starter. someone who's like you definitely has a hard time explaining how they cope with being overly enthustiastic if you wouldn't have already imagined.

the girls you do pursue, just make sure they appreciate how much you care because if you'd spend your time holding yourself back then you wouldn't be being yourself. basically the problem is not explaining more than necessary from the get-go to the point where it's a little overwhelming for the other person, not being full-blown autistic like you worry. dont sweat shit man, in time you'll realize how you word one or two messages for one or two potential trips to get DQ or to go to the movies will NEVER, EVER make any difference. there's no chance it would. i wish i realized that a good 10 years ago
>>
>>16580897
Come on, I don't accept you giving up.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.