[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you cope with that crippling feeling of loneliness? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1344538700530.jpg (22 KB, 443x591) Image search: [Google]
1344538700530.jpg
22 KB, 443x591
How do you cope with that crippling feeling of loneliness?

What do you usually do when you feel depressed?

>inb4 meet new ppl
>>
>>16580176
smoke crack
>>
>>16580176
smoke crack
>>
>>16580176
creak smock
>>
>>16580176
This is in order of activities I do from most depressed to least depressed:
>Go to a strip club and get jerked off by stripper
>Jerk off to a private session with a cam girl
>Overeat
>Play a single player video game
>Sleep longer than usual
>>
>>16580227
I just fap and if I have appetizing food, I eat it.

Most times, lack of energy is what triggers my state of depression, so eating usually helps quite a lot.

Also, tea. Tea's quite good too.
>>
File: 1449783382303.jpg (64 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1449783382303.jpg
64 KB, 500x484
>>16580176
>How do you cope with that crippling feeling of loneliness?
>What do you usually do when you feel depressed?
In those sort of situations I find frogposting to have a high theraputic value.
>>
Play video games and work 50 hours a week.
>>
>>16580176
There is no escape. We die alone.
But hanging out with friends always cheers me up.
>>
>>16580176

I try and shake myself out of it. Do whatever I can to trigger my happy mode again.

I recognize that my depression is a combination of chemicals and shit and something is out of balance, because its just a very different "state" or "Feeling" to feeling ok.

So I do what I can to trigger myself forcefully into good mode again

>Cup of tea
>Have a really good wank
>Work out
>Create a new playlist and go for a walk while listening to music
>Try to write a song on guitar

Many people will say hang with friends is a good idea to solve it. I disagree. Friends are a bandage solution, temporary.

They'll make you feel better temporarily, and then you'll crash and feel even worse when you're own your own again

You have to figure out your way to self soothe and fix yourself. Once you can do that, you can figure out out to minimize risk of slipping back into it.
>>
I talk to girls online when I feel lonely. Try InterPals
>>
>>16580176
Coping does not mean making the feelings go away, I hope you know that.

If you're living your life, getting everything you need to done, and managing alright despite feeling shitty...that's coping.
>>
>lift
>food
>booze
>spend the next day so busy crying over your rekt cramping body you forget how alone you are
>repeat
>>
>>16580913

Thats the point of 'The Pursuit of Happiness'

Realistically everyone wants to be happy all the time. But sometimes, we feel like shit

Sometimes, we feel like shit so much that it massively fucks our lives up. Thats depression

Sometimes we feel like shit but we soldier on anyway, and live our lives carrying the pain. Thats coping with depression

Sometimes we feel like shit, and do whatever we can to make ourselves feel happy. Thats fighting depression.
>>
>>16580900
friends should be a permanent solution who help talk you through your feelings. most friends suck, but a good friend is the best permanent solution, period
>>
>>16580176
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITDL53DTJ7I
>>
In all honesty masterbating makes me feel so much better when I'm really depressed. I also like to workout specifically jump roping because it's difficult which pushes me to amp myself up (listening to epic orchestra music helps with this) and it makes me feel better about myself physically.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.