[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to propose my boyfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: women-proposing-men.jpg (28 KB, 600x314) Image search: [Google]
women-proposing-men.jpg
28 KB, 600x314
We have known each others for 2,5 years and we been dating ten months. Eventually things escalated quickly, and I personally knew that he was the right one for me from the day 1. I chased him for a looong time, and eventually I got my prince.

He is 32, I'm 22. We moved in some 6 months ago and it's working out just great. Now I had this idea, that damn I wanna propose that man. But I'm afraid what he says. We haven't talked about that at all, and I don't wanna get married yet, but in few years, yes. (In my country it is normal to be engaged for possibly a long period before actually getting officially married.)

How do you view women proposing? In our case I think it would be fun and natural, since I was the one chasing him and being the active one in the beginning.

He has no idea what's yet to come and what if he says no? I feel like if he says no, he's just not sure if he wants to spend rest of his life with me. I don't wanna seem pushy, but I also don't wanna waste time with him if he's not sure. I know it sounds crazy but I could have married him the first evening, cause I just knew he was the one.

Feel free to comment anything, but honestly I am slightly worried that he says no for one reason or another. And then I don't know.

So guys, if you got proposed, what would you think?
>>
>>16580054
You know his personality and details of the situation a lot better than we do.

How do YOU think he would react to it?
>>
Maybe you should talk about it first. 10 months is still pretty young relationship, he might want to wait longer.
>>
>>16580054
i think women should be the ones to propose. men have way more to lose in that situation. if i actually loved a girl, and she proposed, id be into it.
>>
>>16580054
>So guys, if you got proposed, what would you think?

I would assume she's needy, tries to hasten me into marriage and is basically, as you said pushy. I would decline.
>>
>We haven't talked about that at all

Regardless of gender, do not do this proposal. These life-changing decisions must be discussed and decided upon mutually. Instead of proposing, talk to him about marriage, his feelings and goals, and your feelings and goals.
>>
Don't destroy your relationship and his life by forcing him into marriage, at least blind for fucks sake.
>>
I think you kids still have a solid 2 years before making any drastic choices, think of it this way "what's the rush?".
>>
10 months? Yikes that's really questionable. I've been with my boyfriend for 6 years and marriage is still such a long way off for us. We're 23 and still have plans to go travelling and we're just finishing school. Marriage is a pretty big deal and if he ends up not being right for you that will make you a divorcee.. Quite a bit of baggage for some guys to handle. Also, is he the kind of guy that would want to be proposed to? Some guys feel demasculined by that kind of thing or it might be like you're taking a milestone away from them.
>>
>>16580054
>So guys, if you got proposed, what would you think?
I'd say no, reflexively. Unless you live in a movie you probably want to at the very least discuss life goals, legal implications of marriage (since it's basically a contract) etc. first. Also 10 months is perhaps a little too fast.
>>
>>16580192

this.

p.s. i lived with my girlfriend, my best friend, the person i wanted to spend my life with and her with me for 3 years. my biggest regret is not waiting at least 3 years before even considering engagement. you are in your honeymoon phase with anyone you meet for the first 2 years of living together at least. please don't suffer through what i did and wait a few years before worrying about engagement and marriage
>>
File: 1449801140073.png (458 KB, 1129x1600) Image search: [Google]
1449801140073.png
458 KB, 1129x1600
I like that you're taking control of your life,
by asking someone to marrage

But marriage is meaningless legally, you can do the ritual but you don't need the legal stuff.
I think two years is a good rates to wait until asking someone else commitment for basically there life
>>
Who cares who proposes. There is nothing like that feels of looking into your partners eyes and just knowing they are the one you are going to spend the rest of your life with. As I catch a glimpse of my own reflection on my TV I now realize I don't think I will ever find that person.
>>
>date someone for 10 months
>think you're fit to get married

That is some ridiculous high school tier shit.
>>
Marriage is something that 100% should be talked about before either party even thinks about proposing. It's even more true when the girl wants to pop the question and is ten years younger than he is. Factor in that you've only been dating for ten months, and you are out of your fucking mind.

If you want marry this guy, step up and act like an adult and have a conversation about it with him first.
>>
your whole post reeks of immaturity. i bet he's just using you for sex anyway, 10 year gap gg
>>
Stop making fake posts on 4chan. Maybe do something with my life. Don't worry, I'm also talking about myself.
>>
>>16581214
not with that attitude, dont hold yourself back even if you have to build self-esteem. bodies are over rated, and hopefully you dont want someone for theirs or someone who would want you for yours
>>
>>16580101
Agreed
>>
>>16580054
I've been proposed to by three women. I've been engaged 3 times. I'm single now because they all changed their minds.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.