[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are women more religious than men? I have nothing against
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1448058834256.png (258 KB, 1256x1075) Image search: [Google]
1448058834256.png
258 KB, 1256x1075
Why are women more religious than men? I have nothing against religion or people who are religious. But I find it weird that women seem to be more passionate about practising a creed that discriminates against them. I don't know much about Hinduism, Judaism or Sikhism but I know for sure that there are passages in the Bible and the Quaran that state clearly that women are below men.
>>
Most people don't actually read or follow the bible. Religious people pick and choose what they want to accept from it.
>>
not to be edgy but women are dumber than men (only slightly, and on average) and thus are more likely to be susceptible to magical thinking and spirituality scam bullshit that has no basis in the real world, even if it's self-harming.

My girlfriend isn't religious, but she acts the same way about "toxins", naturopathy and eastern medicine shit like any other religious cult. Potato, free-range organic co-op potahto. At least she eats well and is thin.
>>
>>16579866
I know, right?
All those women suicide bombers, I tell you.
>>
A lot of churches are half social with very clear social roles...chicks did that. Also there has been more than one pastor I've seen that had a way of preaching directly to women, and they love to be validated by someone with power.
>>
>>16579904
My ex was into all manner of crazy shit

>GMO corn mutates people
>"toxins" in everything
>anything with aliens
>believed in excorisim

She used to be a very cool rational person. Somewhere in the last 2 years she got sucked into the church.
>>
Some people just need something to believe in. Something to give them hope, purpose and direction

There is some batshit crazy stuff out there that satisfies those needs
>>
File: 1449616327082.jpg (141 KB, 640x457) Image search: [Google]
1449616327082.jpg
141 KB, 640x457
For one Judaism is quiet kind to both sexes.

Secondly woman are keen to be second fiddle. The act like followers, tools. How else can so many follow rule men so diligently for such a long time. Even today

Honestly I'm not trying to be sexist but in order to not believe in the lies you were told as a child you have to be independent and woman rather act dependence, and be categorized children because it's easier. And a lot of them are just stupid
>>
>>16579866
>Why are women more religious than men?

I don't think that's accurate. For one there are far more male religious leaders. The 2 main religions teach that men and women are in fact different but equal.

Read Genesis 1:27-28
Man and Women were created in the Creators image. Pretty equal

Genesis 3:16
Man and Woman were both punished different but equally

There many others too.
>>
>>16581026
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." (I Corinthians 11:3)
"For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man."(I Corinthians 11:8-9)
but you're sophistry is still cute.
>>
>>16581058
>new testament

I'm speaking of the foundation in Genesis. Men and Women were created equal until the fall after Eden. Eve introduced the fruit of the tree of knowledge to Adam.

"He created them male and female".

Whatever happens AFTER the fall is what it is, man and woman's doing. Consequence of action.
>>
>women are below men in Islam

NO Wife Beating in Islam. Beating is just symbolic (tapping with a handkerchief, either on hand or leg and should not leave a mark)

Prophet Mohamed (pbuh) said, “The best of you are those who are best to your women”.

Prophet Mohamed (pbuh) said, "None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant treats women disgracefully".

Prophet Mohamed (pbuh) said, "I urge you to treat women well".
It is strictly forbidden to hurt a woman."

Prophet Mohamed (pbuh) said, "Be kind to the women, because verily they are in your truth".

Womens Rights in Islam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pESXwJYYcGo

fuck off, don't spew bullshit about things you have no idea about. ignorant retard
>>
>>16581177
Get lost. Mohamed is a cult leader and child molester. May pig shit be upon him.
>>
>>16581026
>For one there are far more male religious leaders
That's because women CAN'T be religious leaders.
>>
File: 1447539744224.png (5 KB, 483x268) Image search: [Google]
1447539744224.png
5 KB, 483x268
>>16579866
>>
>>16581865
what about suicide bombings?

btw, women are far more likely to convert than men
>>
>>16581177
i didn't know britain allowed shitposting at work
>>
>>16581177
>beating the wife is symbolic. Yeah it CLEARLY STATES only hit her with a handkerchief. Im sure we could look at the weird part about court testimonies, inheritance or many other cherry picked quran verses, let alone the hadith.

But the real problem is we are reading to much into the self contradicting ramblings of a 7th century con man.

Also he's not voldermort, you can just say mohammed.
>>
>>16579875
This. I'm atheistic but I was raised christian in a good church with a good community and this attitude of
>a passage in your bible says this therefore you're agreeing with this by being religion
Is just, quite simply, wrong.

When you're theistic you believe in a god. There are plenty of people out there who don't conform to an established religion but maintain that there's "something" out there. There are also people out there who take scripture word for word, and if it's in the bible then that's how it's got to be.

The majority of religious people, in my experience, are the average of these two individuals. They believe "something" is out there, and their idea of what that "something" is has been inspired by what they've heard at their church and how they believe that "something" has touched their lives.

The book, for what seems to be a lot of religious people, is the equivalent of Wikipedia for research. Its a great place to start and take inspiration from, but there are a few things in there that are just plain wrong.

>but that's illogical/unreasonable
So is mounting your toilet paper so it rolls under, not over.
People do silly and illogical things, and as much as you might like to think you're an exception to that: you aren't.
>>
>>16582094
There less female combatants period. Plus why we d a woman to die when she can give birth to more believers or seduce men into joining?
>>
>>16579866
Judaism is just as sexist.

It's probably down to women growing up in an environment that indoctrinates them to be submissive and religion is perfect for such people. Also the whole sense of community that is more prevalent in chicks.
>>
>>16579866
women crave authority
God is the highest authority there is

any questions?

>also why athiest women are always insane crazy cunts
>>
I don't see any signifiant difference, but religious people are rare around here I guess.

I think they might be a little more expressive, more likely to post something soppy with god in it when someone dies. Maybe a little more likely to keep their disbelief a secret. But really I think there's hardly any difference.
>>
>>16582221
>>
>>16582199
this, church is above all else a social activity and women are both predisposed and conditioned to be more social.

I have also noticed that people who occupy a lower status in society seem to be religious. I suspect part of it is that it's a comfort to them after dealing with the daily frustrations of being second class citizens, but I have no facts to back it up.
>>
In my experience women are more likely to be drawn to religion and mysticism, while men are more likely to be drawn to conspiracy theories.
Both are irrational, but makes the person feel validated in different ways. Believing in angels or homeopathy or astrology makes women feel safe and loved and secure.
Believing the j00s or the illuminati or the SJWs or whatever controls everything and I'm the only one smart enough to see it makes men feel special and intelligent and superior to their peers.
Men and women are equally irrational, just in different ways
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.