[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that just because I live with some people who make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1446923969847.jpg (120 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1446923969847.jpg
120 KB, 600x900
Is it true that just because I live with some people who make ok money but don't make much myself the gooberment assumes I have access to their income and thus get no help buying health insurance and then will get fined if I don't?

TLDR: how the hell am I gonna pay for this shit?
>>
It depends
>>
I do not get the US at all when it relates to health. Move to Europe, hospital care for everyone!
>>
>>16579494
Fuck off communist
>>
>>16579464
you can stay on your parents health insurance till you're 27 idk wtf you're bitching about op unless you're a basement dwelling 40 year old neckbeard that coast off his parents achievements
>>
>>16579494
You realize Europe isn't just going to let people from the US in, especially if they dont make a lot of money
>>
>>16580404
just tell them you're syrian and they'll guarantee you free healthcare and welfare for the rest of your life
>>
>>16580404
It used to be that all tourists could access healthcare too, but it was stopped for American's (the US PR campaign against the 'commie' healthcare pissed people off).
>>
yes and no

The new medicaid laws are based on TAX household, not literal household.
So if you live with your fucking parents, you should have just said so.

Regardless, if the people you live with claim you as a tax dependent then YES their income counts against you for health coverage.
If however these are just roommates who are in no way connected to you financially/taxwise, then you can apply/get coverage on your own.

EXCEPTION, if you live with blood relatives who are under the age of 19. If you yourself are under the age of 19 and live with parents. If you live with the unmarried biological parent of your child (babydaddy) and that child also lives with you. This complicates the household and for medicaid (not state sponsored health plans with APTC) they're included
>>
>>16580720 me
>how the hell am I gonna pay for this shit?

Do you make above 138% FPL(Gross) or below? I cant answer your question without knowing.

Also, do you file taxes on your own or are you claimed as a dependent? Please note that if you make 138%+ you are required to file in order to get a plan.
>>
>>16580458
>It used to be that all tourists could access healthcare too, but it was stopped for American's
WTF? What if someone has a heart attack on vacation in Europe?
>>
>>16580458
>>16581121

So European governments are fucking US citizens due to what US politicians did? Great, real nice of them.
>>
I guess it's basically what this >>16580720 guy said.

I live with my parents and was denied Medicaid when I applied with all of us as a household, because I had never applied for aid before and I thought that was what I was supposed to do. I was also unemployed at that time. I ended up going to a low income clinic for an issue I had with my ear and the nurse told me to apply as a household of one. I got approved the second time around.
>>
OP has abandoned thread, please let this die.
sage
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.