[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If a couple living together break up and move apart, who gets the pet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1449671713909.jpg (68 KB, 727x682) Image search: [Google]
1449671713909.jpg
68 KB, 727x682
If a couple living together break up and move apart, who gets the pet?
>>
Whoever paid for it. Whoever wants it more? Whoever spent more time taking care of it? Whoever is willing to pay the other? Whoever wins a coin flip? There's lots of ways you could do this.
>>
whoever's name it's in.

whoever adopted it and paid for it, whoever registered it with the city if that's mandated, whoever bought it from the breeder/petstore.

if you don't have any record of that, whoever cares for it and interacts with it more. that's likely to cause another fight, so be prepared.
>>
I totally got to keep our cat when my ex got abusive and then cheated on me. I was the one that adopted him from a vet when he was a kitten.
>>
Do the right thing and kill it. Kill it together. Cut it in half and each burry one part in their new backyard. Or lay it on the balcony. Or throw it out the window.
>>
INARGUABLE OBJECTIVELY BEST ANSWER: Whoever had the pet before the relationship began.

If the pet was gotten during the relationship, it gets tricky but boils down to this.

Whoever cares for the pet more.
-If the care is equal, whoever spent more on the supplies/care.

If you want the pet to have a say in this, whoever the pet chooses to sleep with.
>>
>>16579893
This, but I'd argue that if the pet was microchipped the person whose name it was under would get the pet.
>>
>>16579313
Dude, that pic...
That pic, dude...
It's triggering me.
>>
>>16579313

If the animal was adopted before the relationship, then it is whoever owned the animal first.

If you got the pet together, that is a discussion that you should have had before adopting. It is known in my relationship that if we break up I get the animals. We've had hard times where we thought we were going to break up, and he honored the agreement we made that I would take the pets.

If you don't have any agreement, then the pets should go with whoever is the most stable.
>>
>>16579932
Why? Just wipe that shit off with a moist cloth and shake it out
>>
>>16579313
Whoever loves the pet the most and is able to take care of them the best.

>time
>space
>money
>yard
>walks
>>
>>16579932
>>16580469
It's hard to look at

But it's powder, not chocolate milk. Just vacuum out your keyboard, or just use compressed air if you're feeling adventurous
>>
>>16579313
....Sunny?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.