[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man I think I fucked up big time at work. So employees have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: it-security-breach.jpg (32 KB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
it-security-breach.jpg
32 KB, 580x326
Man I think I fucked up big time at work.

So employees have their own personal codes for the alarm system. This is a code that is not supposed to be shared with anyone as everyone has a unique code which tells who turned the alarm on/off.

Anyways the alarm was playing up today and wouldnt turn off in the middle of the shift. The store manager called in the Security company to check out the alarm system.

My store manager then asked me how i got into the building when I was on my own one day last week to which i said that I had already been given a code. We then go in talk to the security guys to which they said it may be my code messing up as I was new and told me to write it down for them.

I wrote it down no questions asked. Now im paranoid that it was a trap set up by the bigger boss (my store managers manager) to see if i was dumb enough to give my code to someone.

What do and how do I stop being anxious about it right now? Im new and have been there for a week. I feel like I have been fucking up small things but now this seems big. What do you think? Its for a retail thrift store shop and I havent had a job in 3 years and was basically a shut in all that time with depression/anxiety problems so I really dont want to fuck shit up right now

Should I start thinking up of excuses or what to say incase I am confronted about this or if later on down the track someone robs the store using my entry code because one of the security guys sold it to someone or someshit? Or am I being super worried over nothing?
>>
I don't see the problem if you gave your code to the security guys. And you're being super paranoid about this and worrying about nothing anyway
>>
It'd be weird for a company to set up people they already hired for a chopping block desu senpai.
>>
The security company probably has access to all the codes anyway, but they wouldn't know which one was yours, which is relevant information in solving this problem.

You should be fine.
>>
As a security guy nobody will give a fuck. People trigger alarms all the time and 99% of them are false.
>>
If you're really paranoid, just tell your manager you need a new code.
>>
>>16578833
yeah that's what I planned on doing first thing once I got home but I waited for too long.

I'm also afraid of bringing up the whole notion that I gave my code to someone
>>
panicking hard. don't think I can enjoy my weekend now :S

would work really try to trap/test me to fire me after having just hired me?
>>
Your manager told you to do it. That's a very easy excuse.
>>
Dude this is not a problem, stop freaking out, everything is fine, everything will be fine, you don't have to worry about anything happening because you did exactly what you were supposed to do.
>>
>>16579695
besides not give this code to anyone which I was told so many times not to do?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.