[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one become a genius like Einstein or Beethoven? Einstien
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 34343427.jpg (127 KB, 576x635) Image search: [Google]
34343427.jpg
127 KB, 576x635
How does one become a genius like Einstein or Beethoven? Einstien was really old when he discovered the theory of relativity and Beethoven was a child when he was creating complex music. For someone in their 20s is it too late to become a genius? Is it something that can be learned of is it just lucky genetics?
>>
>>16578637
You deleted it you little faggot.
>>
>>16578637
It take dedication. Are you willing to put the hard work in?
>>
File: 069.jpg (9 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
069.jpg
9 KB, 217x232
You got to love what you do and do what you love, and work very, very hard at being better at it each day.
>>
>>16578637
lost your chance man, gotta start by the time you're 14. maybe next lifetime though :)

being incredibly intelligent is meaningless in itself. shoot for being a good person, you'll actually end up happy by only viewing that as a priority. if you get booksmart in the process great, if not, great. you became a good person
>>
people like beethoven or einstein only come around once every few generations, its not a realistic goal imo

just try to leave the world a better place than you found it
>>
Einstein wasn't really old when he "discovered" relativity. Also, he can't take all the credit for it--it's a consequence of non-Euclidean geometry. Most geniuses are born geniuses, same as pretty people are born pretty.
>>
>>16578637
This >>16578642

Why did you delete your message nigger?
>>
>>16578637
Luck of the genetic draw with the right environment and circumstances to cultivate it.
The best thing you can do is just explore different shit, see what you have a knack for and pursue it.
Even if you're not making scientific or artistic breakthroughs, being really good at something and not just knowing it yourself but having a reputation for it still feels pretty dope.
>>
>>16578637
>>16578732
Talent and being a genius has nothing to do with genetics. Literally everything can be learned with enough dedication and willpower.
Go and read The Genius in All of Us by David Shenk if you don't believe me.
>>
>>16578637
Einstein was 25 when he published his first paper on relativity, and Beethoven, though a child prodigy pianist, started composing in his twenties (You've confused him with Mozart).

I would guess that one of the first requisites for genius status was knowing what you were talking about.
>>
Read a book on Modelling - Robert Diltz is a clever chap. It's tricky modelling a dead genious to the point you needn't bother. Practic on a few fancy things that people around you can do - model them then do that thing yourself. When you are good at modelling find a genious and see if you can gleen a little of what that is.

Hint - modelling badly is a good way to break someone's skill.
>>
>>16578637
it's too late for you to become a child prodigy. Eisntein was not recognized as a genius until later in his life, failing to be a high achiever and i believe he was not accepted to his ideal school(not sure though!)

And beethoven was forced to play the piano every day by his father, I believe he had the ability to pick it up and do it well. Very rarely do you come across a child prodigy who wasn't forced into it by their parents at extremely young ages and relatively uncommon for kids to pick it up at that level, beethoven was also deaf.

You're looking to be a world renowned genius, there's plenty of "geniuses" in this world and most of them are probably more likely to contribute nothing, may it be due to their social disabilities, money, what they were born into...

The answer is no you aren't too old to prove yourself to be a genius and contribute something.
>>
>>16578637
>Einstien was really old when he discovered the theory of relativity

Stop being an asshole.
Einstein was 37 when he published the General Theory of Relativity.
He was only 27 when he published the Special Theory of Relativity.
Go back to playing your fucking Xbox.
>>
As mentioned you're thinking about Mozart, but he wasn't a "prodigy," either, any more than child artists like Michael Jackson. Not in the sense people usually mean. He was born into a musical family who sculpted him into a composer from an early age. I'm not saying he wasn't prodigiously talented, but you'd look pretty impressive, too, if you were born wealthy and your family was willing to put enormous pressure on you to succeed at one very specific thing.

In my opinion Einstein was a genius, probably the purest example of one after Newton, but you gotta realize that he was also born at the right time. Physics was ready for a revolution. I'm not saying that there are no huge, fundamental shake-ups left to happen in any major sciences, I wouldn't know and in any case it's not my place to speak outside my field, but I really don't expect any huge advances to come from young, self-taught individuals, without graduate degrees, in my lifetime. I suspect the scientific community would agree. You have to go way further down the branch to get to any of the really big questions these days.

Basically, what I'm getting at is that if you actually look at what it takes to be a "genius" historically, you'll find that it's 1/3rd about place and time, 1/3rd about wealth and opportunity, and only the remaining third consists of hard work and, yes, innate intelligence.
>>
>>16578637

You have to be crazy.

You have to be dedicated.

That's it. in order to be truly great, like Jordan or Jackson or Einstein you got to make that the only thing you want in life and drive yourself insane in order to get it.
>>
Do you want to be a genius or do you want to be a genius and famous? The latter is less easy to predict.

You have plenty of time, but obviously the older someone gets the less likely they are to get themselves back on track. Not because of biological changes in the brain, just because of their mental state and unwillingness to change.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.