[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to ask this very cool guy out, I was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 232x159) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 232x159
I'm going to ask this very cool guy out, I was wondering if asking him to see the star wars movie is a good way. I've never done this before so I wouldn't know. any advice on how to ask a guy out?
>>
>>16577932
Never go on a movie date.
>>
>>16577955
Oi, ok I'll trust you on that though I don't understand why. Then where though is the question?
>>
i personally love going on movie dates but that's because i'm shy and socially awkward as fuck, so i need time just being around the person and having something else to talk about vs the guy asking me about myself
>>
>>16577967
Anywhere you two can talk to each other, while also having fun.
>>
>>16577932
That's a good way to start, I personally would be down for a movie date. There's nothing wrong with dinner and a movie, it's not too intimidating and you guys can get to know each other better. Easy way to ask a guy out is just suggesting you do something together some time.
>>
>>16577955
I don't agree. It gives you something to do. Transition.
>>
>>16577982
Ok, thank you! I'll definitly do that.
>>
>>16577955
More like:
Never go on just a movie date.

Plan something after. Somewhere you can talk and ideally sit side by side so you can get close and make it obvious you are allowing him to touch you more intimately.
>>
>>16577973
Ok, thank you! I'll definitly do that.
>>
>>16578003
Oh ok, would a park work? Or would that be dumb.
>>
>>16578010
Not the anon you're replying to, but a park would be fun. Probably not too late at night though, shady stuff usually goes down, it's not entirely safe (unless it's well lit and somewhat crowded).
>>
>>16578018
Ok, parks late at night though are the best in my opinion. They are just kind of fun. I live in the nice part of Indiana so not much shit goes down here. Parks at night have sort of a nice tranquil feeling to them its so cool.
>>
>>16578010
Park is OK (and cheap if you're broke). Also you will have something to talk about after the movie.

What's good about bars or places like that is those places provide conversation topics by themselves (you can talk about the food, the drinks, bartenders also provides conversations).
>>
>>16577932
"Hey guess what I have tickets to? If Starwars is a good movie, we should start dating"
>>
>being a girl
>asking a guy out

9 in 10 guys will assume you are desperate and slutty
>>
>>16578034
Yeah, then you should be good. I agree, parks are serene at night.
>>
>>16578049
Multiple girls took me out and I didn't sleep with them. They still hate my guts. Pfff they experience what guys experience as standard. Entitled crybabies. I'm happy I never fucked those bitches. Truth.
>>
>>16578035
Deeply stare into eachothers eyes for hours on end. Never tried it. Should be cool.
>>
>>16578049
Oi, I just think it's a good idea because star wars is a big movie, out tomorrow. He likes it, I like it, I like him, he may or may not like me, so why not?
>>
>>16578055
because girls who ask out always make themselves needy and overly dominant, and even nowadays guys don't treat the girl who asked the out the same way a girl who agrees to go out with them. It's all about chase. I had 2 girls ask me out and I declined, one of them was my crush but the though she's desperate enough to do that made lose all the attraction.
>>
>>16578061
Because it makes you look thirsty... Can't you just filrt subtly and see if he's interested in you to make a move? that would be better for you
>>
>>16578060
Eye contact is weird but I'll try it
>>
>>16578068
Maybe look down a lot. That's very hot. Shows you're shy and a bit insecure. Even submissive. -Sexy.
>>
>>16578067
I guess I could try but I'm extremley awkward so me flirting is like nothing. It's just awkward. Plus he's one of those guys who's like it's fine if a girl does this thing that a girl usually does. I won't fight it but can you tell me how to flirt?
>>
>>16578074
I said that wrong but I mean the last part aaah.
>>
>>16578074
Show off your ass on top off a mountain. Pull down your pants and show your string. That's flirting, I think.
>>
Movie date + mother fucking star wars = best date just saying
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 500x376
>>16578078
Totally, U kno it
>>
>>16578080
Yeah totally! I mean I think he was hinting at it I think he wanted me to ask. He was like "so are you going to see star wars opening night" and I was like "I don't know maybe" but he didn't ask so I'm going to because star wars is epic
>>
>>16578080
>Movie date + mother fucking star wars = best date just saying
Mother
Fucking
You're right bra
>>
OP here. Thanks for the advice! I asked him and he said no to the movie but he gave me his number. He asked why I didn't ask yesterday because he had an extra ticket and everything hahaha. I got his number though. Thanks guys I'm glad I didn't ask /b/ that was my origanle plan
>>
>>16579424

Don't cheat on him like the last one, slut.
>>
>>16579429
shit ive never even been in a relationship. People who cheat can go fuck themselvs
>>
>>16579484
For some reason this sounded hot.
>>
As a girl, the most important thing about asking out guys is not to be flirty or manipulative. If they see you as desperate and whorish, that's a huge turnoff. Keep a friendly vibe and do it in a way that has an open ending. Guys like to feel in control. Give them the illusion of control. They should be the one who seals the deal, but you can get them as close as you want.
>>
>>16579568
Ok, this dude and I are tight we're good friends. I don't know how to flirt so that shouldn't be a problem. this guy honestly just seems chill with a lot I'm suprised some one as cool as him even talks to me hahhahhaha
>>
>>16579568
>Guys like to feel in control. Give them the illusion of control.
Jesus christ, just be straight with guys. How often do you hear about guys complaining about indecisive girls? It's a common thing.

Like everyone has said do something that can be fun, dont JUST go to the movies.

A female work colleage who im sure wanted to be more than friends invited me to the movies (which is fine) but we only saw the movie and then she had to run off immediately afterwards it sucked. And she kept complimenting and saying how good looking all these supermodels were. It was such a forced an awkward experience, as talking in a silent movie theatre sucks.

Drinks is the best, as you are forced to take it slow, even hot drinks. Food can be iffy if you feel uncomfortable eating infront of others. Do something you will be relaxed doing most importantly!
>>
>>16577955
depends on the people.
Someone you barely know and want to get closer to?
it's a bad idea.
Someone you hang out regularly but not 1 on 1?
it's fine.
Yeah SW is a good idea. Too bad is a shitty movie.
>>
File: 1450475709749.jpg (51 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1450475709749.jpg
51 KB, 640x480
>>16580199
but having to agree about how these various made up to the eyeball women are good looking is too. Or WORSE to try and disagree and explain why a conventionaly good looking woman may not be so "good looking" whilst in hushed tones in a comedy?

So bad, bad times. She was so cool and relaxed before this.
>>
>>16580199
Wow ao many people so much different advice but that sounds goood tooo. I honestly think he would be cool playing video games with eachother and eating or something. Playing video games is fun and we both like them so I think I'm just going to do that. Guys he's a nerd not one of those dumb "oh man I'm misunderstood" nerds but he's extremley cool to the point where the cool is overwhelming. I think I can take it from here. And yeah now that I think of it what the hell, illusion of control. aftr reading that in green text it's like what. I'm just gonna have fun with him. Though I'm nervouse and don't know what to say and I'm confused on why he talks to me I have this now. I started texting him and oh my gosh he's so cool we have so much in common thanks for the advice guys ️
>>
>>16580216
good luck!
if video games are fun and you can talk whilst doing it then sure, like many say you know him better than we do.

But i think it comes down to being able to communicate, and putting some time aside for just you two to take communication to a new place.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.