[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How Do I Cope With Being Single?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
>18
>socially awkward dude
>never been in a relationship
>can't see it happening anytime soon
>just too busy
>don't like anyone
>been getting real fucking lonely lately
>just want someone to hold me tight and say "love you anon"
>realize it's not happening anytime soon
>come crashing down to earth

How do I cope and learn to deal with these feelings? It hurts
>>
>>16577521
It's only going to be worse once you've been in a relationship and fucked it up. Don't break your kv seal until you can devote the majority of your time to procuring and maintaining relationships for years to come.
>>
I don't think there's a quick solution. You need to meet new people and exit your comfort zone. This'll take time, but if you keep only being around your usual group of friends you'll never feel any different. You have to experience new things.
>>
>>16577521
>18
>How Do I Cope With Being Single?

If you were 30 or older, it'd be understandable. You're only 18, you have plenty of time before you need to, 'cope'. In the mean time focus on improving your life in other ways.
>>
>>16577521
I remember feeling like you once. You're not actually lonely, you're just jealous that everyone else seems to be getting in relationships.

I wouldn't worry about it though. Relationships are overrated, and plenty of people jump into relationships because they feel like they need to be in one. It's really weird.

As a 23 year old, being single has sooooo many fucking advantages, especially when you compare yourself to people the same age (or younger) that have kids. I pity them greatly.
>>
>>16577521
serious question OP

did your mom neglect you as a child?
>>
>>16577600
>did your mom neglect you as a child?

No, not really. The closest thing to being neglected would be the way mental health and depression was handled in my house. My little sister has social anxiety and bi polar so I guess that maybe I felt like I was depressed or whatever, that didn't really matter since my sister was legit diagnosed.
>>
>>16577543

Not a bad idea. Should learn to love myself before I try to love anyone else
>>
>>16577600
>>16577615
why do you ask?
>>
>>16579469
Because he's a dumb freud believer
>>
>>16579523
ohhhhhh
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.