[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to organize a way to transport my girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1442012916070.jpg (423 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442012916070.jpg
423 KB, 1920x1080
I'm trying to organize a way to transport my girlfriend and her stuff (a couple bags of clothes, a couple boxes of Books and stuff and her pet bird) from Boston to Vancouver BC.

My ride I was gonna use didn't work out. I only have a learner's license (BC), she has a driver's license (USA) but neither of us have a car. I might be able to get a hold of my family's old van and have someone drive with me there and drive back with my girlfriend and her stuff. Although I can't tell if her class D drivers license means I can drive with her in the car or not through quebec with my L, their website doesn't seem to say.

I have my passport and clearance to cross the border and so does she. The ideal would be for us to find a way to drive there and back, I wanted to find someone who could drive me if I payed them but it seems most people with a car have jobs they can't leave for a long road trip.

What do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
File: tumblr_nsxr1rbFvz1udaypwo1_500.png (230 KB, 500x425) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsxr1rbFvz1udaypwo1_500.png
230 KB, 500x425
I'm pretty desperate to get her out of the place she lives in, it's a terrible living situation and it's going to get worse in a few days.

I suggested commercial transportation but it seems I don't have much of an option there, bringing her pet bird along on a plane, train, or bus would be a hassle she doesn't feel like she can deal with and shipping her additional boxes of belongings is something she can't really trust to a company.
>>
File: 1443746229416.png (14 KB, 430x328) Image search: [Google]
1443746229416.png
14 KB, 430x328
I've been working the past 3 months to make enough money for us to move out, and have savings for us to be fine. I realize this isn't like typical adv threads but I'm pretty desperate for a solution.

I'm messaging people to see if there's anyone my friends or family might know who could do the drive in return for money or something.
>>
>>16575648
If your girlfriend is over 21 and has more than one year driving experience, I believe you can drive in Massachusetts, as long as the requirements for getting a learner's permit in the provinces you will drive through are as strict as in Massachusetts (for example, learner's permit in Massachusetts requires you to be 16. If BC says you can get it at at 15 and you're 15, it won't work in Massachusetts). This reciprocity probably works for who needs to be in the car with someone with a LP.

If she is over 25, why not have her rent a car?
>>
>>16575696
She's 24 and doesn't have much money (her current living situation has fucked her finances)
>>
Bump for responses
>>
You realize how long it will take to drive that right? Not only just the cost of the gas,hotels,food and everything.

Ship the boxes through greyhound and fly. About the bird I'm not sure.
>>
>>16576113
Furthermore why are you driving through Canada? It is quicker through the states and gas is cheaper.
>>
>>16576113
Yeah I tried to get her to consider commercial transportation but she's afraid her stuff will get fucked up or lost. I think I could maybe get her to try it but she's afraid our plane would get hijacked or crash.

I'm honestly willing to spend as much as I'd need to to make her transition as smooth as possible.
>>
>>16576199
>>16576113
Well good news is that she is now accepting of taking a plane and shipping her other things. I'll send for a pet transportation service to pick up her bird and meet us in Bellingham so we can just drive her over the border.

We'll fly to Seattle since she only has a passport card and can't fly internationally, then cross the border by land.
>>
>>16575648
You know rental cars are a thing, right?
>>
>>16576199
You realize that flying is safer that traveling in a car, right?
>>
>>16577480
Yeah I've tried telling her this but recent events have her fearful of what might happen.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.