[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made out with a guy yesterday and I have, what seems like,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: cold sore.jpg (39 KB, 573x551) Image search: [Google]
cold sore.jpg
39 KB, 573x551
I made out with a guy yesterday and I have, what seems like, a cold sore that is starting on my lip. Can this be herpes?
He had no cold sores or anything like that. I've never had a cold sore.
>>
Bump for sex disease advice
>>
yep you've got herpes, if you ever make contact with your mouth to any part of anyone else's body ever again you run the risk of spreading it to them

sorry
>>
>>16574879
Yes, cold sores are herpes. You can get them through skin to skin contact (like kissing), even when the person isn't showing symptoms. It's not that big a deal.
>>
>>16574879
he gave you the gift that keeps on giving lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
If it was yesterday, I don`t think so. I do think that cold sores pop out after a week or two. Anyway just go get your blood tested for HSV1 or w/e
>>
I didn't think they can show up a day later?
>>
>>16574920
> It's not that big a deal.
It is a massive deal. Keep your diseases away from me.
>>
>>16574930
>>16574931
There's also the large possibility that OP already had HSV and the physical stress to her lips from making out brought on a cold sore. The virus can lay dormant for years and years if it wants.

If you get tested, make sure they test for both HSV-1 and 2. You can get either in either location.
>>
>>16574933
You probably have herpes already m8, just saying.
>>
>>16574941
I already got tested 6 months ago, I was cleared for HSV among various things.
>>
>>16574951
Just so you know, most "panel" STD tests from clinics or GPs don't actually test for it. They can sometimes fudge it and say "no you don't have it because you didn't have any sores". Or they only test for HSV-2 and not 1. I'm not saying they did this, but they might have.

If you want to accurately get tested, you have to go to a speciality lab for a specific HSV test, for both 1 and 2.
>>
>>16574961
I did that.

I was cleared.
>>
>>16574969
Alright, then go get the sore culture swabbed if you want to be certain. It will at least give you peace of mind.
>>
>>16574920
this
>>16574931
>>16574930
5 days seems more normal. more chance you already had it OP.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.