[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My friend wanted me to visit her at work and when I did about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 624x482) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 624x482
My friend wanted me to visit her at work and when I did about a week later, she told me not to do it again because she didn't want everyone to get the impression that I was her bf since they started asking her and gossiping.

It hurt me emotionally because she came off as if that was a bad thing, although she told me it wasn't.

She ended up texting me about it, and couldn't even clarify what the "wrong impression" was because I was confused so I had to call her to soften things out. Which we did just fine.

But is that really what it means?
>>
she's not attracted to you. let it go. your so deep in friendzone that you actually thought you had a chance with this girl until today
>>
Some people don't want people gossiping about them like that. But yeah, even so, you're not boyfriend material to her. gg well played if that's what you were going for.
>>
>>16574647
>>16574651
That's what I needed to hear. I thought the signs were there.
>>
If she's anything like me workplace gossip makes her really uncomfortable or annoyed. Is she introverted or overly-self conscious?I'd say the discomfort could be a legitimate reason.
>>
>>16574661
No. She's really extroverted. To the point where she told me herself that she's the type of girl who needs a lot of attention.
>>
1. she just doesn't want people talking and making drama out of her life
2. she's interested but getting put on the spot and made uncomfortable, she denied it (i've done that before lol)
3. she didn't want people to think you're her boyfriend because she doesn't see you as potentially being her boyfriend
>>
>>16574661
I hate retards like you. Instead of giving OP a dose of reality, you encourage his beta behavior.

OP don't listen to the naysayers, this girl has no interest in you. Save yourself the trouble and move the fuck on. It's what you deserve for calling a girl "friend" when you just wanted her to like you romantically.
>>
>>16574688
>she didn't want people to think you're her boyfriend because she doesn't see you as potentially being her boyfriend
Well, she made this evident.

>>16574699
It's okay, I've already come to terms with it. what was I supposed to call her anyways?

Now I have to fade out and cut her out of my life but the last time I tried to do that she confronted me, and I don't want her to think I'm mad at her or bitter when I'm not.
>>
>>16574717
she confronted you because she likes your attention, she just doesn't like you romantically. Unless you're willing to forever be her beta orbiter and "be there for her" when chad's done fucking her, then keep on talking to her.
>>
>>16574725

Women are perfectly capable of having guys that they just see as friends. If you're unable to do the same, then yeah, be a dick and cut her out of your life. Sad, but whatever.
>>
>>16574755
>>16574725
What if she confronts me again?
Or tries to talk or hang out or something.

I don't want her to think I'm angry at her, she's still a good friend, but I just want to move on.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 500x503
Also is this true?
She showed the signs ;_;
Makes me feel like I fucked yo because I did take her for granted when we first met. I liked the ego boost she gave me by calling and texting me all the time.
>>
File: 1450152515640.gif (242 KB, 858x480) Image search: [Google]
1450152515640.gif
242 KB, 858x480
>>16574784
>bitch shit
>>
>>16574640
It really depends on the context.

If you are trying to get in her pants then I get it. She's not interested.

But if you are just a friend, then it kind of looks shitty on her part.

But either way it's not her fault if she thought that you were coming on too strong, regardless of your actual intentions.

I would probably start limiting how much I talk to her. She has you ingrained into her mind as the guy everyone thinks she's dating and that's off-putting for her. Really, if she cherished you as a friend, she wouldn't give a shit whether or not people thought you were dating. But she does care. And so she either thinks you are trying to hit on her or she doesn't cherish your friendship enough to not fall victim to petty workplace gossip. Either way those are perfectly fine reasons to stop talking to people.
>>
>>16574845
Thanks for the insightful post.
>>
>>16574640
fucking cuck lmao

have some self respect and stop being a beta orbiter
>>
>>16574811
>tfw no carnivorous daughter
>>
how anyone could be friends with someone who does this to them is beyond me
>>
>>16574640
It means u need to go back there tomorrow and then announce to everyone that you're the boyfriend.

But you gotta do it in a way where they get that you're not the boyfriend. Their reaction has to be "Oh, I get it. He thought it was funny, so now he's fucking with us/her."

So drop by with an obnoxious bouquet of flowers, bro, and then tell everyone in the place that they're for your wonderful girlfriend.
>>
>>16575243
You sound underage
>>
>>16575260
I'm pretty genius for an underager, ain't I, homie?
>>
she sounds mental.
>>
>>16575239
Is it really that bad
>>
>>16574661
This. People deal in different ways with the gossip. It's really fucking annoying when everytime you talk to someone or spend time with someone there's some asshole goes "HEY LOOK ANON IS TALKING TO THIS PERSON THERE MUST BE SOMETHING GOING ON" There might or might not be, it's not like you have to announce it to everyone.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.