[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where to meet good gf?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: landscape.jpg (1 MB, 4157x2811) Image search: [Google]
landscape.jpg
1 MB, 4157x2811
Hello,

I'm at a point in my life where I'd like to meet someone special and have a family and kids.

However the women I seem to meet, don't really seem like people it would be a good idea to do so with.

All the women I see around are wearing revealing clothes like leggings or tank tops, and wear too much makeup, or they have tattoos, and stuff like that. That's not what I want.

After a few bad relationships earlier in life I dropped out of the dating scene and threw myself into work and I don't have very much friends. I also just moved into a new area for work, so I don't really know anybody.

As far as me I'm very fit and make a good living, but I'm very boring and don't speak very much, which I know a lot of women don't like, so ideally I'd like to find someone boring aswell with hobbies like knitting or reading.

But it seems like where I have moved there is a deficit of marriageable quality women.

I'm much less interested in how attractive the girl is compared to her character, but I'd want someone that wasn't fat just so they don't die when we are 50 and leave me a widow
>>
>>16574604

Also, i predict someone will say 'church' but in my church the only women are age 5-12 (no for obvious reasons) or 60+ or married already.
>>
How old are you?
>>
>>16574655

But my financial situation is far better than most 25 year olds, , if that's going to be an objection.

Ideally I'd like a girl around 18-20 which I realize is what every other man wants too and comptition will be stiff but I feel like I can be demanding and picky because of my income

To be honest I feel like any woman should be really happy to have me so I want a woman that I feel happy to have.
>>
>>16574722
You sound so pompous and pretentious I can easily assume you won't find a gf you want
>>
>>16574722
Oh I wasn't thinking about money. I was mainly thinking about the respective dating pool and if you're in school. With age, more and more people become taken. And studies show that marriages between people who met in school are less likely to divorce.

However, of course you can still meet good women. In the end, everything is a numbers game. Just keep looking and meeting as many new people as you can, and you're bound to come across someone. I'll warn you though, the bigger the age gap, the higher chance of relationship failure.
>>
>>16574722
>I feel like any woman should be really happy to have me
Why? Because they're desperate enough to settle for you? Or because you're their bank account? From what you've said, all you have going for you is money, and you may not necessarily have a lot of it anyway
>>
File: HseSbCG.jpg (687 KB, 2079x1763) Image search: [Google]
HseSbCG.jpg
687 KB, 2079x1763
Learn to distinguish between, say, a tattooed chain-smoking broad and a sweet girl who happens to be wearing leggings.
>>
>>16574734

Anon, if you don't have a high opinion of yourself why should anyone else have a high opinion of you?

People are always going to look for ways to put you down so why do it to youself
>>
>>16574746
Having good self-esteem is a one thing, being conceited is another. This guy is overdoing that.
>>
>>16574744

If someone is wearing yoga pants it's most likely because they are looking for attention- they want guys to look at them and want them.

It's a red flag and it stop and make you think.

If she needs attention and to feel desirable so badly who's to say that your attention and desire will be enough for her?

If you want more red flags,

>Tattoos
>Revealing clothing
>Piercings (other than ears)
>Scars near wrists
>Male friends more than 1 or 2
>bags under eyes
>spends too much time on phone
>instagram
>has had an abortion

Any girls 'like that' are fine for one night stands but I had lots of those when I was a stupid kid and I don't need or want them anymore
>>
>>16574746
>>16574750

I am the OP. Anon, how is your self esteem because the way you lashed out at me for having a high self esteem makes me worry about yours.

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just saying you should work on it.

What are you good at? pursue it as hard as you can and you will find self worth there

What I'm good at is selling things, and that's where my self worth comes from because I built a life around it
>>
>>16574770
>internalizing /r9k/'s bullshit
this is why you will be forever alone anon-kun
>>
File: yule_marble_sculpture2web.jpg (12 KB, 380x337) Image search: [Google]
yule_marble_sculpture2web.jpg
12 KB, 380x337
>>16574770
Again, learn to distinguish. ............
>>
>>16574604
volunteering
>>
>>16574782
OP, no need to worry, my self esteem is fine. Like I said before, having sense of self-value is important, but you come across as a conceited/possibly entitled person. Modest girls usually like modest men, sluts and damaged goods go for alpha rich boys because that uppers their status and it's all they care about. Keep that in mind.
>>
File: slipping-away_time.jpg (18 KB, 282x400) Image search: [Google]
slipping-away_time.jpg
18 KB, 282x400
I've been able to fool myself for awhile that I'm living a good life. I'm by myself most of the time, either exercising or messing around on my computer. A switch was flicked that makes me constantly question if what I'm doing is good enough. I see people around me with girlfriends/wives, and families, and they're not much older than me. I think "I"m still young, I have time", but some of these people are older than me, with seemingly a passion they have for their career, and a family. I don't know if I'm ready for any of that, or if I'll ever be, but I feel like so much of a failure. I talk to people on the Internet sometimes, but it's never people I know, just random people, then I see people on their phones constantly getting attention from others, and I feel so much more fucking stupid for wasting time on something that seemed good for me. Is this depression or am I just worrying too much?
>>
>>16574770

I was looking for a way to bash you because I love girls in yoga pants, but you're list pretty much sums up a mix of bad relationships that I've had.

I'll add to the list of things to stay away from in women:

>bad relationship with father
>is mean to waiters/taxi drivers/clerks etc.

Trust me.
>>
>>16574789

but anon it's not bullshit because I dated girls like that (other than abortion one and scars because i wasnt THAT stupid) and it never went well

the reason why r9k circle jerks about all those things is because people like me warn others and they latch onto that and then exaggerate the truth and mix in hyperbole and then stuff like r9k exists

you want red flags for men too?

>flashy sneakers
>flashy car but low income job
>uses drugs
>drinks to excess
>has no job (students not excused)
>doesn't workout or lift weights
>history of heart disease in family
>spends money as he earns it on frivolous things instead of saving

there is logic behind all this stuff
>>
>>16574808

You're worrying too much. Keep in mind the attention on their phones is from people that don't really care about them. Having 1-2 good friends that would take a bullet for you is a lot better than 100 that don't care about you.

Those people just waste each other's time with nonsense and never get ahead in life because they have no time to better themselves with
>>
>>16574809

Forgot those, but yeah, exactly. >>16574815

Forgot to mention men that watch tv or play video games for more than 10 hours per week.

Symptom of depression or laziness. There is always something better to do with your time. 10 hours on the Tv is 10 hours you could've been working or learning something new.

10 hours to relax is fine, 20,30 hours a week is not.
>>
>>16574808
What a terrible shoop
>>
File: 1449937377665.jpg (80 KB, 640x940) Image search: [Google]
1449937377665.jpg
80 KB, 640x940
>>16574825
>mfw film major and watch 10 hours a week easily in movies
>>
>>16574804

all women that want a family want rich men. at least ones with good maternal instincts.

my mother thought it would be a good idea to have a family with a poor man and in doing so doomed 6/7 of her children to a life of poverty

the only reason I escaped was because I wanted it bad enough, and was smart enough to make it happen. You can't count on all your children being (yes I am conceited anon, I know deep down) like me.

Rich families can afford to send children to expensive schools even if they are not smart enough for a scholarship to that school. They can afford to give their kids access to networking and connections.

My brothers and sisters got none of that and that's why they are now stuck.
>>
>>16574815
>the reason why r9k circle jerks about all those things is because people like me warn others and they latch onto that and then exaggerate the truth and mix in hyperbole and then stuff like r9k exists
ok I take it back, you're alright

anyway idk if I really have advice for you, I met my wife in a bar and we've been happily married for 5 years now
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.