[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 20 and living with my absentee father my little sister
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I'm 20 and living with my absentee father
my little sister of 16 has just moved in, and I'm finding her behavior increasingly intolerable

it's a combination of a refusal to do housework, lack or regard for anyone else and sustained unprovoked abuse

I could just move out, but living at home has worked out for everyone so far, and it would seem unfair that I should be forced out.

being 16 is no excuse for poor behavior, and the world will teach her the lessons if we don't.
My father is rarely home, and has never enforced a singe rule in his whole life, since he is not on the receiving end of my sisters behavior he is unwilling to get involved, and she takes his silence as a sign she can do whatever she wants
I am unwilling to fight fire with fire and just be hostile to her in return, it is an option but I'm not sure t would help

it's a difficult situation for me, I'm not going to accept being abused in my house, yet to take action myself would usurp my father and he would not accept this.
the longer it goes on the worse she is getting, so whatever I do, I'l have to do it soon
>>
Have you tried pulling your sister aside and having a word with her?

Either way, you are going to have to piss someone off. The question is, who are you more scared of? Your father, or your sisters future?
>>
You're an adult, you're perfectly capable of looking after yourself. Your sister is a minor, she has to live with a parent or guardian. If you can't handle it, move out. "I was here first" is no excuse.
>>
>>16574490
I can control my own behavior, but I can't control hers

what you are saying amounts to "she should be able to do the wrong thing because I am able to tolerate it"

her poor behavior cannot be excused by her age or position in the family

I could put up with it, but why should I have to?
>>
>>16574502
>what you are saying amounts to "she should be able to do the wrong thing because I am able to tolerate it"
No. What I'm saying amounts to "it's your dad's job to discipline her, and if he doesn't do it then you can either put up with it or move out"
>>
Rape her in her sleep OP.

That'll teach her.
>>
>>16574652
the sins of the father, maybe you are right
>>
>>16574663
you seem to be lost anon
--->/b/
>>
Honestly just move the fuck out. Between a broke father doing community service and an indebted mother I moved out at 20. After that, it's their problem
>>
She probably is hurting inside from your absent father. Try to befriend her, let her know that it's just you two vs the world. Girls need a good male role model at that age, and unfortunately your dad has thrust that responsibility unto you. You don't want her growing up to distrust all males, because those are the girls that get pregnant at 18.

Women are easy. Once she realizes that you are there for her, she will want to help you clean up. If she doesn't, just ask nicely.

Your dad sounds like a dick, and girls with dick dads end up getting hooked up with dicks. They then have babies, and the cycle continues. Do society a favor and try to stop your sister from perpetuating that cycle.
>>
>>16574768
>ask nicely

Don't listen to this retard
>>
>>16574768
he's the intermittent type, always gallivanting around with other women, pouring money on everyone when he's here, not even making sure there's food when he isn't

it's hard to tell her I have the back when he makes me be the bad guy

he's bad for her self esteem, and she will have attachment trouble later on
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.