[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone really enjoy their jobs and going to it? Not every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1417151550016.jpg (88 KB, 589x547) Image search: [Google]
1417151550016.jpg
88 KB, 589x547
Does anyone really enjoy their jobs and going to it? Not every day but they don't look for excuses not to go.
>>
File: B8ZMGtECcAAP6kS.jpg (20 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
B8ZMGtECcAAP6kS.jpg
20 KB, 600x337
>>16574126
Bestiality.
>>
Honestly, though sometimes I don't want to go, I love managing a little pizza bar and time always flies when I'm working there. Then again I love customer service and micromanagement so the job fits me well
>>
>>16574167
I really, really wished that I loved customer service I really do. I just can't stand people, especially asshole people.

The issue is there doesn't seem to be any jobs where you AREN'T interacting with some sort of customer. Sucks.
>>
>>16574126
Nope, I work in a shitty retail store. In a business area. And everyday I go to and from work in my grubby uniform surrounded by yuppies in expensive clothing. I work long hours to get shit pay.

I have a Maths degree that I haven't put to since I graduated 4 years ago.

Oh I'm a socially inept fuck so that's extra stress at work.
>>
>>16574126
I work as a doorman at a nightclub in the town I grew up in. I work twice a week and its shitty hours but I look forward everyday because I get enough pay to spoil my kitten.
>>
yep i went to college and love my job
get paid tons of money
>>
I do, kennel care at an animal shelter. some days are stressful/unpleasant but overall I love it and look foward to work most days, never look for excuses to not go
>>
File: thony hawk.png (569 KB, 1000x560) Image search: [Google]
thony hawk.png
569 KB, 1000x560
>>16574239
That sounds like a sweet set-up. Are you a really big guy? Is the money enough for you to live on? Do you ever feel unsafe when people heckle you to get into the club?

I'm just curious
>>
I work at a prescription glasses store part-time and I fucking love it, if i give up law school, i'm getting a managerial positions and keeping it up until I die. Don't ask me why i love it, i just do :D
>>
I work in a special needs school and i look forward to going to work almost every day. It's just awesome!
>>
I work as an EMT and while there are definitely shit days I do hold my head high knowing that I've helped people that needed it and its truly amazing how fast the shift goes by even on the bad days.

I don't wake up thinking fuck another day, which is definitely a first for me.
>>
I work in a school and I love - love - my job. It's always been my dream to be in an environment where I can foster a sense of community, having a job where I can talk to people let's me have a smaller version of that. Every day I say hi to the custodians, the teacher aides, the teachers- anyone I see walking through the halls. I make small talk with them and if I have the time try to talk a little bit more deeply. And it doesn't hurt that my coworkers, boss, and the parents I deal with on a day-to-day basis are absolutely wonderful people.

I also love helping people, I always get very personally invested in people I'm helping, and if they fail it becomes my failure as well. Working in a school allows me to reach out to an entire class full of people that need help, that it's my responsibility to be emotionally invested in, and help them. If they're struggling with homework, if they're troubled/frequently misbehave, if they get into an argument with their friend, or are feeling upset/ disappointed- I can change that. And there is no better feeling in the world when I do.

On top of that I get paid to do things that are fun. I get paid to make crafts with the kids, or build things with blocks with them, or read to/with them, play sports with them. It doesn't matter that I'm not amazing at origami, or that I'm only mediocre at basketball, it doesn't matter that I'm not the best artist. I get tons of compliments from them - and even my coworkers - on small things like a picture I've drawn or what have you.

I'm also entrusted with responsibilities, rather big ones from my boss. Sometimes it's annoying to be asked to keep track of paperwork when my other coworkers are almost never asked to. But then it's very obvious why, because they usually don't do it when asked. Meanwhile, I make a concerted effort to do as much as I can whenever I have time for it. And I get trusted with more on top of it and complimented frequently for how responsible I am too.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.