[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I met a guy at a campus party three months ago. At first he was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: magikarp.jpg (38 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
magikarp.jpg
38 KB, 640x480
I met a guy at a campus party three months ago. At first he was really cool and I enjoyed hooking up with him every now and then but lately he's getting really obsessed with me. We sometimes get in arguments about it and I keep reminding him that I'm not his girlfriend. Two weeks ago he asked me to be his girlfriend but I told him that I don't want to be in a relationship right now and if he wants that he should be dating girls who would be interested in relationships. It hasn't changed his behavior and he still calls me cute names and sometimes tells people I'm his girlfriend when we're out together. Aside from this he's a nice guy but I want him to move on. At the same time it's fun when we're together, I like going out with him and talking to him about things because we share a lot of the same interests.

What do I do?
>>
Stop leading him on
>>
>>16573508
How am I leading him on? I told him I don't want a relationship
>>
You can't do too much. He caught the feels. Fwb usually end with one catching feels.
>>
>>16573396
It sounds like you told him exactly what you're thinking but he's not getting the idea. If he continues to ignore what you're saying... y'know, I hate to be that person but he may not be the kind of person who can handle a casual relationship. May have to break it off. There's not really many options outside of "being straightforward and honest."
>>
>>16573508
BEGONE, COUNT TROLLIO
BEGONE COUNT TROLLIO
BEGONE COUNT TROLLIO
I banished him, yw f.a.m.

OP, this guy is crazy. You need to stop talking to him so he can move on. He needs to understand this is crazy behavior. Does he have autism??? Try a nice letter over facebook "Hey Anon, I want to be straightforward with you. I am very uncomfortable with you referring to me as your girlfriend. We're not dating, and it crosses a boundary for you to tell people we are and call me pet names. It upsets me that you've continued to do this despite me asking you not to. I find it very inappropriate. Your refusal to understand that has made me not want to hang out with you again. This is the last message you will receive from me. You may write back, and I will read it but not respond. Though I valued your friendship, this behavior is not cool and I'm not comfortable being around you anymore."
>>
>>16573728
cont.

his behavior clearly isnt going to change, btw. if you've already talked to him about it and he keeps doing it you have to stop talking to him or just be okay with the fact that he's going to pretend you're his gf.

>>16573706
this
>>
>>16573701
>>16573706
>May have to break it off.
That's the problem though. I -do- enjoy his company when he's not smothering me. If he could just stop obsessing over me everything would be 100% ok. Plus we made plans to do things together and I'd feel bad just dropping everything like that.
>>
>>16573738
If he's continuing to ignore you telling him you're not his girlfriend, are you really comfortable continuing that relationship?
I'm definitely not saying to call him up right now and drop him, but do consider what kind of future you want for your relationship together if things continue as they are. Keep talking to him.
>>
>>16573738
That's the leading him on part the other anon mentioned. Be responsible and take the hit. If you give him attention, even if you enjoy his company, you're only facilitating this shit.
>>
You're kidding, right? This guy sounds like a psycho in the making. Break it off before he locks you in a basement.
>>
>>16573868
>Hey annonette I like you, let's be together
>Fuck off you psycho, it's non of your business that I want to fuck around with everyone but don't worry I like you ,too.

Yeah what a horrible guy.
>>
>>16573738

Speaking from the perspective of someone who has been in that guy's shoes. BREAK. IT. OFF. Some people can't really fathom the appeal of a casual relationship. He probably has some foolish hope that you'll change your mind if he continues to express his interest. I know it doesn't make sense, but hormones do cruel things to reasonable people. You're only hurting him more the longer you allow him to hold on.
>>
>>16573961
Despite being told not to do this, and that she in uncomfortable with it, he ignores her completely and even disregards her wishes right in front of her as though she never even said anything.

Best case scenario he's incredibly disrespectful and inconsiderate of her feelings and wishes.

Worst case scenario he doesn't want to let his perfect princess go but she's just too darn spunky so he traps her in a love dungeon.

Either way it's bad news.
>>
>>16573738

The objective reality is this.

FWB relationships usually end in this very scenario, it's almost impossible for two people to get together, fuck for an extended period of time, and both of them remain completely platonic about it. Someone is gonna get infatuated.

Literally your only option is to break off the whole ordeal with him, otherwise; any time spent with him will facilitate this situation.

Say "I feel bad and I do enjoy being with him!" all you want, this is what's going to happen. Either end it with him or don't complain about him being invested, because those are your two options.
>>
>>16573985
Ok
But how does the guy know she's serious if, despite her babbling about how "uncomfortable it makes her", she's still pretty much dating him? If this was supposed to be FWB she should have outlined the boundaries from the start and kept it strictly to sex.

OP: why don't you ask him if he wants to be in an open relationship?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.