[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friends birthday vs gf-s moms brirthday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: smiling-dog.jpg (48 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
smiling-dog.jpg
48 KB, 650x433
So I have a very good friend who has a birthday on the same day when my gf-s mother has a birthday.

I am invited to both, but unsure which one to attend.

Which one should I go to? I already told gf and her mom that I'm coming, but at the same time this is one of my best friends..
>>
>I already told gf and her mom that I'm coming
Then it's settled.
>>
>>16573132

talk to your girlfriend and see how she feels about it. if its something that makes her moody, talk to your best friend and see if oyu cant just hang out together the next day or the night before.

but if ur gfs like 'she dont care, she old' then say thanks and go hang iwth ur friend.

theres also the 'oh i can show up for ur mums bday but leave like an hour later to go to a friends birthday.

i mean if im an old lady and my sons bf says 'oh i gotta go, its my best friends birthday' im saying 'oh its so sweet that you stopped by' and then i stop caring cuz i dont really know you as anything other than that thing that fucks my daughter.

but seriously. ask gf. if shes cool, hang iwth friend.

next year try to schedule him around this sort of thing.
>>
Go to both. Spend a few hours at each one.
>>
>16573159
This
Or
>Y not both?
> y not have a get together with everyone when everything settles down?
YOUR MOM IS THE MOST IMPORTANT OUT OF the BUNCH. you really should be there for hers most though.
>>
>>16573177
Not my mom. Gf-s.

The birthdays are 1hour drive apart eachother and I don't have a car to use right now. Otherwise I would attend both
>>
>>16573195
You said you would go to your girlfriend's mothers, so you go to your girlfriend's mothers if you can only attend one. It's as simple as that.
>>
If you've been dating this girl for longer than 9 months, you're obliged to at least show up.
However if you and your girl break up in the next six months or so, you're going to look like a worm for missing your best bud's bday to go to an old woman's that no longer has any importance to you
>>
>>16573221

Almost 2 years with the gf now.

Looks like I'm going to the gf-s moms birthday.
>>
>>16573232

this is unfortunate and makes me sad :/ it sucks when people cast aside their friends for romantic interests. i mean if it was gf vs. best friend sure, but gfs mom?

just keep in mind that every relationship youve ever been in has ended. this friendship has not.
>>
it's so ridiculous that people chose gf's mom over best friend. Of course it's best friend. Just call her mom and celebrate it over the phone. I mean I'm a girl and I have a boyfriend, I wouldn't even think of making him coming to my mom's birthday over his best friend's birthday.
>>
cant you go to both? Stay at gf's mom's party for a few hours during the day, then party with your bro all night?
>>
>>16573775
First of all, it's not best friend, it's just a good friend, and secondly, OP already said he'd go to his girlfriend's mother's.
>>
>>16573132
Why not go to your gf's mother's dinner then out for drinks with your friend?
Saying you will go to your gf's mother's do then backing out will not look great on you.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.