[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sister died yesterday in a car accidents. Pic related. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 493x402
Sister died yesterday in a car accidents. Pic related.

I'm keeping myself strong or just in denial, but I need to be strong for my family. Parents are devastated.

Can you guys give me some good advice to help my parents?
>>
You seem to care a lot about family OP. You say you need to be strong, but do you mind if I ask how you're really doing?
>>
Let me guess, dumb bitch was texting and driving?
>>
>>16572332
First, sincere sympathy for you and your family.

Second, try to take a cue from your parents' behavior. If they want to talk about her, do. If they can't, don't press. Don't judge them. Everyone grieves in their own way, and whatever they do is right for them.

Third, if you can try to take as much of the purely practical burden off them You do as much as they will let you to notify friends and family, arrange the funeral, handle the legal stuff, etc.

And finally, give yourself time to go into a quiet room and do your own grieving, whatever form it takes. It is nice if you can help your parents, but don't try to be superman.
>>
>>16572360
She worked in a gas station. Her shift ended at 2:00am and fell asleep and lost control.
>>
>>16572360
Don't be an asshole
>>
>>16572353
I don't know. Maintaining myself busy. My world is small, so I only told my close friends, because I don't want hypocrite people to text me when they are not part of my life. I want to be alone, but right now they need me, so i'll manage. I will not make this about me. I will take care of myself for them.
>>
>>16572404
>Third, if you can try to take as much of the purely practical burden off them
This, so much this.
>>
>>16572332
I'm sorry. Spend time with your family.
>>
>>16572332
If only she would have invested in some rockstar brand energy drinks... OP would be posting his no gf threads instead...
>>
>>16572332
>Sister died yesterday in a car accidents. Pic related.
According to the news article that picture is from, the driver of the car was a 21 year old male.

http://www.metro.pr/noticias/fallece-joven-tras-chocar-poste-en-caguas/pGXolp!H4EtnkZZMz5uU/
>>
>>16573074
Maybe pic related means "it's a picture of a car accident".
>>
>>16573074
Maybe his sister is a MtF you privileged cis scum
>>
>>16573074
Maybe his sister hit a space-time vortex at the moment of the crash. It's unlikely but it has happened before in human history.
>>
>>16573090
You might actually be on to something there. The article uses "he" and "his" (el and su), but gives the drivers name as "Karen".
>>
>>16573129
It says "una joven", it's a young female confirmed.
Spanishfag here.
>>
File: Yosuga.no.Sora.full.504141.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Yosuga.no.Sora.full.504141.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
>>16572332
Fuck her dead body
>>
>>16572451
Lucky she only took herself out
>>
>>16572332
Been there. There's no magic cure. Take care of yourself, that's the best thing you can do for your parents. The realization will hit in waves and you'll all be on autopilot for a while. Remember to eat, sleep, get water, and sunlight. Make sure your parents do the same. When you're ready, get therapy. Everything else (needing alone time, needing to talk about it, needing to fight it out) will happen in its own time. Don't force it, it will come.

I... I'm so sorry for your loss and there's nothing that can be said to comfort you right now but in time, I hope you're able to understand that the world, universe, and existence is an amazing and beautiful thing and that nothing is really gone forever, it just changes form. That's the only thought I can offer you, anon, and I pray you can find some kind of solace in that truth one day.
>>
>>16573337
>>>/b/
>>
Be there for them. Tell them you love them everyday and reassure them by taking care of yourself.
>>
I am sorry for your loss. I can not fully relate to how you are feeling, but I have lost someone before and I've just concentrated on the good times we had together instead of how I missed them. I actually brought myself to the level that I haven't seen it as a fully negative situation. They had a beautiful life,good childhood, many good memories and most important they had people who loved them. Maybe that is just me, everyone has their own way of taking their time for themselves.
What I want to say is, try to be strong, try to look at it from a different perspective and try take care of the important stuff if you can but do not forget about yourself. If you need to take something off your chest, do it. Talk to someone. You can't take care of your parents if don't take care of yourself.
>>
>>16572332
Sorry to hear that OP. Go see a grief counselor, seriously.
>>
>>16572332
haha lmao, survival of the fittest, should have paid attention.

though, op I hope you get better soon, live on for her sake, and talk to your family about doing something together, it helps.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.