[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ladies, what do you want a guys bedroom to look like? What are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 600x336
Ladies, what do you want a guys bedroom to look like? What are the big no nos?
>>
Bump.

Women please answer instead of spamming the SJW troll threads
>>
>>16571400

As long as it's clean, it's fine. My first boyfriend had a lava lamp and Simpsons posters. That's not the greatest, but I didn't give too much of a shit. I don't think girls care too much.
>>
>>16571172
Nothing organic growing mold, pretty please?
>>
>>16571172
No offence, but what kind of faggy question is that?

Anyway
>clean and not stinky
>loads of books or cds or vinyls or alive kittens
>no trashy posters of car-wash girls
>no socks under the bed
>loads of plants
>>
>>16571447
How about an almost empty bedroom because I've been too lazy to buy furnitures since I moved there and I don't really give a fuck cause I'm single so far?

There's only closets, bed, nightstand. And a bit of a mess
>>
>>16571172
posters are for teenagers, no musical instruments unless you know how to play them; and play them well. other than that just make sure it's clean and has zero funky odors
>>
Clean, have a little bit of personality like some posters or photos or hobby stuff like game controllers. I like some attempt at coordination, too, like a matching bed set, not just tan sheets, patterned pillows, and your 90s Pokémon comforter.

A super messy/filthy room is a no. Like trash everywhere and all the clothes on the floor and too much clutter. And call me prude, but if you have naked anime figures, I'm gonna judge you. Keep that on your computer man. At least put your dragon dildos in a drawer before I come over.
>>
>>16571469

even if they are properly framed photos? i understand how just pinning one up seems meh, but having a small collection of movie posters in black frames seemed elegant to me. im a wannabe filmmaker though so that might be it. also intend to expand my collection with posters from my own projects.
>>
>>16571468
Yeah don't even worry about that. When my husband and I were first dating, that's exactly what his apartment was like. It was totally bare bones - just a couch, entertainment center with his tv and Xbox, his bed, nightstand, desk, and a bookcase, and a dining table with chairs. He had like 2 family photos up. He did keep it SUPER tidy though, which is awesome. If there are a couple things out, you're good. If you have to walk on things to get to your room, clean up.
>>
>>16571468
Plain boring room is equal to no personality and being boring as a person. The fact that you are asking this question instead of simply arranging your room so it can meet your taste and express you to an extent as a person, implies that you are stupid
>>
so many of my boyfriends have had awful rooms.

Your room should not look like a 10 year old lives in there. Scooby-doo posters, super hero action figures, Disney crap, etc should all be hidden or stored somewhere far away. If you are a 20+ year old man, you should not have looney toons bed sheets.
>>
File: ad.png (476 KB, 591x455) Image search: [Google]
ad.png
476 KB, 591x455
>>16571497

>0/10 would not stain my looney tunes sheets with.

girls are so judgemental, geez. anytime i bring a guy home i end up showing them my digivice and power morpher.
>>
>>16571489
How about I don't project myself into my bedroom and I just use it to sleep?
3/10, made me reply
>>
>>16571505
Then you are boring and have nothing to project. Congrats on having a character of a skim milk
>>
>>16571516
>not even trying anymore
>>
File: 1442984798061.jpg (27 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1442984798061.jpg
27 KB, 540x540
>mfw my anime figures are nicely arranged in a cabinet in the open
Just keep your room tidy and shit. Don't go full autist and have like, kids show posters everywhere, but you don't need to restrain your decorative tastes in the hopes of getting some pussy. Act confident, play it off, and they legit won't care, assuming it doesn't reek of complete autism of course.
>>
>>16571172
>Ladies, what do you want a guys bedroom to look like? What are the big no nos?
As long as it's clean (as in, I'm not stepping in animal shit/piss or on old, dirty cum rags) and you're not hoarding things, I don't care. My first boyfriend's room was completely empty, outside of his computer. He kept a mattress and a sex doll made out of towels and socks in his closet, and stole my shit to make it look like me. I don't think anything can really beat that.

>>16571468
>How about an almost empty bedroom because I've been too lazy to buy furnitures since I moved there and I don't really give a fuck cause I'm single so far?
It's not a big deal at all. It just shows that you probably don't spend a lot of time at home, and that can be a positive thing.

>>16571469
>posters are for teenagers
Bullshit. It's one thing if it's all over the living room, or badly put up. It's another if it's in his own personal space where most people won't see it, and they're framed.
>>
>>16571502
Having one or two novelty/nostalgic items is fine- let me paint you a picture of my ex's room:

Sonic the hedgehog blue walls and bright red carpet.
Probably around 10-15 3ft tall vinyl statues of pokemon and superheroes.
Disney stuffed animals everywhere.
Nearly 100 mega man/looney toons figures. Scooby-doo, sonic, Rayman, flinstones, & jetsons posters covering every inch of wall space.Looney toons bedsheets and a yugioh comforter. Probably around 30 semi-naked anime girl figurines. on the shelves are videogames and booked packed with pokemon and yugioh cards.

Don't get me wrong. I like cartoons and videogames. But I can't say going in that room necessarily made my panties wet.

It wasn't even like he cared about any of that stuff or kept it there on purpose, he just didn't care enough to decorate so his mom did it for him. and since she sees him as a 10 yr old, this was the result.
>>
>>16571483
>>16571528
>It just shows that you probably don't spend a lot of time at home
Thanks, and that's true. But the reason I don't spend a lot of time at home is because I just go to bars and get shitfaced :(
>>
>>16571541
Shit, what if my room is plain and I spend almost all my time at home?
>>
>>16571547
Then it means you're a bit minimalist and just go for your basic necessities. That's not a bad thing, because that means if we ever get together, I won't have to clean up after your shit, I can decorate how I like, and there's a good chance you don't throw your money at everything.

>>16571541
>But the reason I don't spend a lot of time at home is because I just go to bars and get shitfaced :(
That's unfortunate, but she probably won't know.
>>
>>16571547
It doesn't necessarily mean you're boring- but if you plan on having people over, your space is important for showing a little bit about your style.

It's the same as what you wear- if you wear a white t-shirt and jeans all day every day, you seem boring because you arnt allowing your personality to shine through. Wearing a band t-shirt, for example, is like hanging a band poster in your room. That way, when someone sees your shirt or comes over to your house, they register that you are a fan of that band.

Why is this important? It's crucial for creating comfortable, natural conversation. It also helps to contribute to one's image and make them more memorable.
It's much easier to approach someone when you have a common interest like "hey! Cool t-shirt, I love that band! Did you go to their concert last week? It was awesome!" Rather than "hi... Sooo do you have any hobbies?? :/"
>>
>>16571563
>I can decorate how I like,
No. Get out. Your SO being a minimalist does not give you license to fuck his place up to suit your whims.
>>
>>16571172
No bad smells, floor clean, bedding clean (washed less than a week ago), just generally try to make it look like you care about yourself. Other than that...eh.
>>
Neat and tidy, but lived in. I don't want to see a room that looks like it's been set up for a catalogue or magazine
>>
when I met my boyfriend his bedroom was literally a mattress on the floor with some blankets, an amp, his guitar, and a bed for his dog, so I'm not really picky

only deal breakers or big nos are things like really old food, extremely lewd waifu pillows, bugs, and really bad smell.
>>
Bumping for interest.
>>
>>16571172
it wouldn't hurt if the guy was into decorating and keeping his place nice but if i really like the guy it doesn't matter that much, as long as he regularly changes his bedsheets and keeps the place clean then it doesn't matter that much what it's like. one thing i don't like is a shelf full of my little ponies
>>
>>16571472
>At least put your dragon dildos in a drawer before I come over.
this
>>
>>16571479
not the person you replied to but i think your idea is cool
>>
Is my room looking like a hotel a compliment? Girl said that to me once.
>>
File: IMG_20151216_081156885.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151216_081156885.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
Back. Glad I bumped.
Going to post some pics of my room
1/3
>>
File: IMG_20151216_081216757.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151216_081216757.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>16572154
2/3
I go for simplistic, really.
>>
File: IMG_20151216_081229654.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151216_081229654.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
>>16572157
3/3

Sadly, I do spend a lot of time in my room, as to save money from going out all the time.
>>
>>16572160
Fuck man clean that fan, is it so hard to take the grid off and wash it in water? You want respiratory disease you pig?
>>
>>16571468
That's called minimalism it's a style and your rocking it.
>>
>>16572157
>didgeridoo
Promptly kill yourself
>>
>thinking women know anything about architecture, design or Feng shui
>>
Fuck I should probably live my room. Although I live in residence at the moment so it doesn't really count
>>
>>16571537

>it doesnt make my panties wet

makes mine wet. i love cartoons and video games, and even when im not into them myself (yu gi oh, looney tunes) im always happy to meet someone thats actually into stuff.

i get really tired of guys messaging me like 'OH LOL I LUV POWER RANGERS AND DIGIMANS'

and then we talk and they literally havent watched it in over a decade.
>>
It should look like he has at least borrowed a vacuum cleaner in the last couple weeks. There should also be some clue that he has a semblance of emotion, even if it's a single framed photograph or knickknack.

The big no nos are the room looking like it's inhabited by a 12 year old. That includes stuff like frightful disarray, food and/or dishes, decor or furniture primarily from when he was actually a young child, and uncleanliness. That's probably the most important. Sheets that are months past due to be changed, stinky gym laundry scattered about or even collected out in the open, a frightful musk of stale mildewed air in the room, etc. That absolutely cannot happen. I'd sooner spend a night in a racecar bed in a room with bare white walls than set foot in an unclean bedroom.
>>
>>16572687
It's not cool when it's all they do.

Also, I'm describing the same kind of person as you are. Like "oh yeah I love yugioh but I don't remember aby of it I just was really in to it when I was 10 and havnt changed my room since"
>>
>>16572741

you are describing your one boyfriend in particular.

there are plenty of guys who have elaborate nerdom in their rooms and actually enjoy it, its kind of the reason 4chan exists. literally the only reason my collection is so small is because i was a military kid who had to throw away 90% of his belongings everytime we moved.
>>
>>16571462
>loads of books or cds or vinyls or alive kittens
>alive kittens

I'm moderatley concerned that you felt the need to specify the kittens should be alive - is that not a given thing? Did you have a bad experience with a past boyfried who liked to hoard feline corpses or something?
>>
File: AR-26221-2.jpg (100 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
AR-26221-2.jpg
100 KB, 600x600
>>16572782
>>
>>16572753
The underlying issue is when there's nothing more to a person than their nerdy hobbies.
I would have been fine with that boyfriend if he had enjoyed socializing, watching movies, going to concerts, watchig netflix with me, etc etc.
But he only ever talked about pokemon and anime, and he didn't have any interest in any sports or careers.

Obviously I am projecting and I am sure that not all guys with extensive collections are as boring as that one kid.
But I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a red flag to me now.
>>
>>16572799

redflags should be personal so theres no issue with that imo, but you are kind a contradicting yourself.

first you said it was that he doesn't really enjoy those things they are just leftovers from childhood he hasnt looked into for over a decade.

now you are saying he was so obsessed he wont even watch netflix with you?

which is it tho?
>>
No-no:
> dirty
> extremely messy (messy is fine but if it's ALWAYS a mess that's not cute)
> posters of poor taste (hot girls, hot badass guys with guns, etc)

That's it. Nice decoration (whatever style), books, collections (of anything), and neat lightning are a nice plus but that's because 1. I like deco 2. I read a lot 3. people with interests are interesting 4. lightning and mood can make any nice situation nicer. They're not required.
>>
>>16572799
Talking about sports you don't play is a red flag for basic males. So I hope you actually mean interest in playing sports rather than just "sports".
>>
>>16572157
>owning not only all those guitars, but that fucking didgeridoo

I can already tell you're a right cunt
>>
>>16572822
The majority of the stuff, he doesn't know. Like basically everything except for pokemon. And he never shuts up about pokemon
>>
>>16572157
If you don't have a door for your closet, at least keep your shit tidy
>>
>>16571172
>what do you want a guys bedroom to look like
I don't care, as long as he doesn't live with his parents.
>>
>>16572157
I seriously don't understand how guys get by with so few clothes.
>>
>>16573277
i'm guessing there is a dirty clothes bin not pictured (probably overflowing and smelly)
>>
>>16573277
id rather spend money on toys or events/outings than clothes. as long as theyre not ridiculously scrubby looking, i wait as long as possible to replace clothes
>>
>>16573299
There's a hamper/basket thing in the corner in >>16572160. Even taking into account those drawers, that guy still owns only about half the amount of clothes I do

>>16573310
I spend money on other stuff too, it's not like all my money goes into clothes.
>>
>>16573322
i dont imagine many people spend all their cash on clothes. im just saying that i spend way less on clothes than your average person. i spend way less on everything than your average person really, but im working on saving up for some home modifications and/or buying another house. i just dont give much of a shit about my wardrobe. i have a suit for when i need to look decent, and the rest of it is just stuff that doesnt look like a 12 year old picked it out. its funny, most of the time i look plain as fuck but i still do pretty alright with the grills.
>>
>>16572157
do you play your didgeridoo for your ethnographic friends?
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.