[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When we got married, we were both atheist. we both had terrible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: i cant deal with it.gif (449 KB, 286x119) Image search: [Google]
i cant deal with it.gif
449 KB, 286x119
When we got married, we were both atheist. we both had terrible histories with Christianity in our childhoods. Her mother lost custody because she was going to christian homeschool her and decided not to try. She also abused her because she had been conceived out of wedlock and her church said it was wrong.
Now, she's pretty clearly indicating to me she's decide christianity is OK and wants to get back in. I do not have good feelings about organized religion period and want no involvment. Is it wrong for me to consider divorce over this?
>>
>>16570965
She's relapsing because of her abuse. She needs you now more than ever. You two really need to talk about this; without ultimatums, without judgment.
You said for better or worse. Buddy, this is your worse.
>>
Considering divorce because of something like this is pretty extreme.
>>
talk to her, explain how you feel about religion etc
dont jump straight to divorce at the first sign of potential trouble you fucking mong
>>
>>16570972
saying you're excited about jesus coming back to wipe people off the face of the earth and then clarifying you're not kidding is also pretty extreme imo
>>
>>16570977
Dude, she's clearly in mental distress. She needs you. Bailing now would be fucking lame as hell.
>>
>>16570970
thanks bro
>>
>>16570977
OP hasn't said she's said that. Don't put words in her mouth.
>>
>>16570965
>Is it wrong for me to consider divorce over this?
Not at all. I wouldn't marry a Christian, for many reasons, and so if my partner suddenly decided to convert, it would probably be the end for us. He'd still be near and dear, and I would always welcome him in my life, but I wouldn't be able to have a relationship with him. It would completely change who he is as a person.
>>
>>16570980
I thought that was OP...
>>
>>16570980
I am op. She said that, I was there.
>>
>>16570990
OP generally capitalises at the start of his sentences. It might be OP, but I assumed it's not.
>>
>>16570992
This is why OP should trip
>>
>>16570992
Well okay. But it's not normal for people to do a complete 360 on an important issue like this. This is a sign of other distress in her life, and you're actually considering abandoning her for it? You seriously don't sound mature enough to get married.
>>
>>16570987
thanks for your perspective. i'm trying to figure out if she needs help or I need to bail. I'm having all kinds of ideas about her suddenly deciding to reverse all our promises and want to do the kids thing because jesus tends to endorse that and we had prettymuch agreed we're going the no kids just dogs direction because we have a lot of bad genes and would probably make sad sick kids and that neither of us would be good parents after what happened to us
and then all these ideas about being pressured to convert because jesus hates your heathan husband etc

and just being really miserable
so I guess the gist here is talk first but I feel like if she's adamant about it I'm going to have to ollie out for my own health and wellbeing
>>
>>16571008
naw i just panic when wacky out there things like hoping jesus rises to cleanse the earth of the trans menace comes my way out of fucking nowhere and isn't a hilarious joke so I try to talk to strangers who wont remember me tomorrow to try to figure out what the fuck is happening in my life that i heard that in my own home after eight years in an atheist marriage
>>
>>16571009
Yeah, definitely talk to her about this. But if she won't see reason, and she has some friends/coworkers brainwashing her, then there's nothing you can do.
>>
>>16570965
Well, firstly
>>>/reddit/

Secondly, don't fucking freak out because your wife is making her own decision. Just direct her away from protestantism towards a better denominations like Catholicism or Orthodoxy.

Jokes aside, its not like she converted to Islam and told you she was going to Syria to fight for ISIS. Learn to accept that people have different beliefs from and can change their minds.
>>
>>16571021
>religious degeneracy is ruining muh perfect atheist marriage.

You sound like reverse /pol/.
>>
>>16570977

I am pretty damn sure that isn't what Jesus was all about. What kind of church has she been going to? Has she been making new friends recently? She sounds a little brainwashed.

I don't think organized religion is completely evil, I've met lots of good people whose lives are strengthened and bettered by their faith. But it really all depends on the individual, and the group he's with. Some churches or sects or whatever, it basically just ends up being a cult doing its own thing under the guise of "organized religion." If she's falling in with "Jesus will come again as a stone-cold badass to wipe the sinners off the face of the earth" people, then she's basically being inducted into a cult. Help her out. She needs you to be the clear-headed one right now.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.