[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crazy woman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 460x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 460x480
I love my boyfriend and we have been together 5 years.

I do not get along with his mother at all (that is an understatement).

She has always been incredibly rude to me and calls me a bitch and a terrorist etc. She went to Harvard Law and she thinks she is the smartest thing under the sun but she is actually a tremendous Biotch who is very rude and selfish. 3 years ago, she borrowed my car and got into an accident and refused to pay the damages and insurance would not cover the damages. She threatened to sue me and fly-in "character witnesses." She also stole money from my boyfriend and then had him put in jail when he tried to go through her purse. I think she is pretty rotten.

My bf is an only child and he has a very intense relationship with her and she still has her talons DEEP in him even though he is 32.

He has asked me to marry him, but I honestly do not want her as a mother in law.

What to do?
>>
Too many people working on essays and cramming for final exams to help??
>>
>>16570362
I remember you posting before.

Surprised you've stayed with your bf since his mother is so nasty to you.
>>
Email [email protected]

We can deal with this problem quite literally, it can stay a secret and nobody has to know. The journey starts here, it is you who decides if you want to embark
>>
>>16570488
Really??
I don't think I have ever posted about his mom... !

But -
I mean .... It seems weird to break up with someone because you hate their mom. Sort of cruel and unusual.
>>
>>16570362

Tell him that you love him, but you will only marry him on the condition that he will not allow his mother's toxic behavior to affect YOU and your relationship.

If the relationship is fine and he keeps his mom troubles to himself, that's fair. You can't demand that anyone change who they are and what they care about, that has to come from within them.

Tell him all of this not as an ultimatum, but more like trying to find a sensible middle ground. You never have to see the mother, but you need to enforce distance. Be prepared to lose your boyfriend.

Toxic people are horrible and destructive, life is too short trying to live around them. Establish the fact that she needs to live around you and your bf needs to assist in that goal.
>>
>>16570499
If she has such a presence in her son's life that it effects you, and can therefore effect your relationship with her son, it is not 'cruel and unusual'.
>>
>>16570496
sent!
>>
>>16570517
Soon you'll here back
>>
>>16570496
Whattttt????
What joirney
>>
It is not just his and her problems, but those seep into our relationship as well.

It is how she treats me. She wanted to have Thanksgiving and she ended up cursing me out and later she looked up my mother's telephone number and called her to tell her how much she dislikes me and that I was drinking at Thanksgiving.

.... I am 29.
How weird and petty is that??
>>
>>16570517
I am OP and I sent you a message too.
>>
>>16570548
She sounds like white trash. The behaviors is weird and petty. Let the boyfriend know if you haven't already, but also tell him how much her behavior is effecting you.
>>
>>16570570
Haha I know and she always tries to call me white trash since I was born in the south.

I tell him but he usually gets angry and says he feels stuck between the two of us.

I tell him a lot that I honestly cannot marry him the way things are but he says he cannot change his mom and it isnt fair
>>
>>16570563
When should i expect a response to my email?
>>
I'm sorry but if my mom treated someone I loved like that more than once, she would be out of my life. It's up to your boyfriend to make that ultimatum- the fact that he still drags you to these horrible family events shows that he is not willing to make the necessary changes.

My friend had a guy with a mom that was a real bitch to her: ignored her at the table, accused her of stealing, sabotaging the relationship anyway she could. Eventually my friend had to bail.
You should consider doing the same thing.
>>
I've seen this dynamic as one of the family bystanders. My Grandma hates my Aunt that married in. My Uncle loves my Grandma. It's a rough situation.

Get a pre-nup for your marriage. Also as a condition before even agreeing to getting married that all three of you go to talk to a counselor so that you have a mediator to deal with the Mom.

She's invading your privacy and your presonal life with the things she's doing like calling your Mom and it's not needed. She needs to stop. Your boyfriend needs to understand this if he wants it to work in the long run.

Sometimes just having that third party who's not emotionally invested helps the conversation go in the right direction and keeps it under control. It's worth a shot.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.