[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some ways to improve our speaking skills?I have no idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: help me out of my mysery.jpg (10 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
help me out of my mysery.jpg
10 KB, 225x224
What are some ways to improve our speaking skills?I have no idea what to say most of the time
and just feel stupid.Feel free to discuss everything about speaking even ways to improve voice etc.
>>
Read aloud. Talk with yourself in the mirror. Practise pronunciation. Talk with someone. Try to imitate other voices. Sing. Make sounds without using your vocal cords. Try to lead a conversation in a group.
>>
>>16569890
Thanks for the tips will makes sure i do most of these things often!Still cant see how to lead a conversation in a group when i have no idea what to say most of the time.
>>
>>16569890
>Read aloud. Talk with yourself in the mirror. Practise pronunciation.

i would do this if my parents weren't home all the fucking time

>Talk with someone
About what?

>Try to lead a conversation in a group
How?
>>
>>16569880

Have an objective when talking to someone. Expecting just to 'talk' is too open-ended for people who have limited social skills.

If you want to get to know someone, make that your objective and focus the conversation on that. Example: "Where are you from? What kind of place is that in comparison to where we are now? What do you like about the town we are in? What makes you say that? Tell me about this?"

When answered, these questions begin to add depth to the conversation, and allow you to learn more about the person.

If your goal is to find out more specific information, then tailor all of your questions/comments with that in mind. Example: "Do you like swimming? Where is a good place to go swimming? Have you have considered going swimming in another country? Do you like snorkeling?"

Just give yourself 5 minutes to pick someone's brain, and then move on to the next person. Pretty soon you'll be able to hold 20+ minute conversations.
>>
>>16569983
wow actual solid advice on /adv/, im impressed
>>
>>16569999
Your quads are impressing too!
>>
>>16569926
Just think out loud. That's literally what talking is. Listen to your impulses, don't overthink
>>
>>16569983
good advice
But how does this come into play when attracting girls?
Every bit of advice ive read on picking up girls is that you need to talk to them without the intention of picking them up, but simply to ''talk'' to them.
With what objective do i have to talk to girls then?

Not OP btw, and sorry for derailing your thread
>>
>>16570091
and what if your impulses tell you to say things that are socially inapropriate most of the time?
>>
>>16570091
When i think out loud i embarrass myself all the time
>>
>>16569880
Watch people who know how to talk to each other and just imitate them.
>>
>>16570112
But most sociable people talk about complete bullshit and yet people like them
>>
>>16570112
great way to come across as a tryhard faggot
>>
>>16570095

There's a few approaches to picking up girls, but all of them are more effective when you're comfortable talking to people in general.

Beginner mode - Get to know her:

"Hi what's your name? I'm trying to meet new cool people. What do you do for fun? Where can that be done? Can you invite me to that fun activity next time you do it?"

Intermediate mode - light flirting:

"Hi what's your name? I know this is going to put you on the spot, but I just wanted to talk to you because I think you're cute. Where are you from? Would you like to do something sometime? I'd love to see you again and get to know you more."

Advanced mode - Showing dominance:

"I'm ____, what's your name? What are you doing here? Listen, you are sexy. I'd be a fucking idiot not to talk to you. You're turning me on. When can we get together? I'm looking forward to seeing you again."

Each example has a specific intent associated with it. As long as girls know your intent, they will act accordingly. If they can't gauge what you want, you're not going to get what you want.
>>
>>16570031
>>16569999
>>16569983
Confirmed best thread on /adv/ for 2015.
Good job guys.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.