[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with a girl that doesn't text much? When
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1341621299444.jpg (43 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1341621299444.jpg
43 KB, 600x600
How do you deal with a girl that doesn't text much? When we meet in person, we can talk easily. We get along really well and have fun. But when we text, its just so short-lived. She gives short responses with a :) at the end, and its hard to make conversation continue so I let it die down. What do?
>>
>>16568972
She's a lost cause senpai, I gotten a lot of numbers from girls before and there all like this with the slow response and smiley faces
>>
>>16568972
If its easier to talk in person don't waste conversation topics in text, just make it quick like hey you want to hangout on whatever day? then leave it at that. I've been texting a girl and she does short long responses once and a while and its annoying but one day conversation went like this
>(After one worded answer)
>Hey is everything okay, you don't seem to be acting like your usual self, I don't know if its just me overthinking things or what but if something is wrong you can tell me.
>10 minutes later I get a text from her with a long paragraph of what was wrong and why she was giving short answers.

Once and a while she tells me that one worded answers means two things, she has nothing else to contribute to what I said ( very rare) or it means she's busy, or something is up
>>
>>16568972
>What do?
Realize that some people genuinely don't like texting and see it as a waste of time (unless you're trying to plan events or something).

When I'm home, I keep my phone charged in another room with the text sounds turned off. Small talk over a phone is boring as shit, and you can't properly convey everything you want to say. So when someone wants to actually talk to me, I prefer if they call or wait to see me in person. If they keep trying to text me, they're going to get "barely interested" texts an hour later. My guy learned early on that I don't take people seriously unless they put effort into a phone call.

>this fucking generation
>>
So me and some friends had planned on going to this event in 2 weeks, so a few days ago I asked her if she was wanting to come with me in a small group. She said sure, but her dad wanted to go travel with her as well, and she said she would text me later that day if she could come.

She still hasn't responded and I haven't bothered texting her. She has flaked maybe once or twice before, but she always asks to reschedule. I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing in this case.
>>
>>16569077
>she said she would text me later that day if she could come.
Well, she didn't text you, but she gave you fair warning. She said she'd text you if she was able to go. And she didn't, so it's clear that she can't for whatever reason. She may not even have the chance to text you, if she's spending quality time with her dad. Some people see texting when they're trying to spend quality time with someone as being very rude.
>>
>>16569073
It's quite funny to me that you would say that, because there are plenty of girls I know who consider phone calls to be really weird for mediums of conversation. Like if I call this girl I've slept with have been texting for months, it would be weird and creepy.

It's not that I'm not "putting effort" into making a phone call, it's that it isn't socially normal for a lot of our generation. If I'm asked to call, I would do so gladly. That hasn't really happened outside of certain guy friends, and serious relationships.
>>
>>16569089
>>16569089

I'm not trying to fault her on being busy. Its christmas break, and I imagine shes busy spending time with her family. I figured at least a "hey I can't make it" would be appropriate instead of no response.

My biggest question or concern is how interactions between us should play out. I like the girl but if shes the type to not text much, then I have to change my approach.
>>
>>16569095
>there are plenty of girls I know who consider phone calls to be really weird for mediums of conversation
It's because this generation is so fucked up socially. So many people these days are socially inept, can't make/keep friends, and have no idea what they're doing. What was once a normal thing is just uncomfortable for many people. But there are still a lot of people like me out there that would rather talk face to face than deal with phones at all. They're convenient, but I hate them at the same time. I don't even like phone calls, but it's still better than texting. Feels like I'm communicating with a sexy text robot as opposed to an actual person. Generally just prefer things face-to-face, and to be left alone for the rest of the time unless we're planning something together.
>>
>>16569120
I actually strongly agree with you.

My point is that you shouldn't come down too hard on someone for being oriented towards text as their primary medium of communication, considering that it is our generation's culture to do so, and considering that it is encouraged/ingrained in us.
>>
>>16569145

I didn't mean for it to come across so harshly, so I apologize for that. It's just something that really pisses me off, because I've lost friends that way. They just seem to socially revert, wonder why they have no friends and why their lives suck, and never really seem to move past being alone in their rooms. All they know is digital communication, be it texting on a phone or chatting online. They don't do anything in person anymore and it causes them to be alone and unhappy.
>>
By texting less and spending more time in person.

If that's not reasonable for you then perhaps you've chosen poorly.
>>
Sounds like you need more face to face interaction instead of texting her.
>>
>>16568972

let it die down. there is literally no reason to need to text other than checking in when you cant see each other for long stretches of time (more than a week) and of course planning your next outing.

people have lives they need to attend to they cant afford to text all day.
>>
>>16569217
The value of texting is that it's perfect for people who have lives they need to attend to. It's short with instant delivery but no need to immediately reply. You're basically telling OP to stop texting because his girlfriend knows how to do it correctly.
>>
>>16568972
I know someone who got to help Jessica with one of her outfits. She got to spend an hour fondling jessicas boobs somehow. I was so jealous.

Didn't even read your question, OP.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.