[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sextortion Scam_ help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_20151209-130716~2.jpg (134 KB, 1080x763) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151209-130716~2.jpg
134 KB, 1080x763
Guys, my boyfriend was blackmailed this morning. Someone contacted him saying they had personal info taken virtually from his laptop and they would send it to his family and Facebook. The content were three videos of us making love (which I particularly wouldn't feel so bad if they were released), and they were asking for $800. They skyped my boyfriend and shared the screen, so they could show him them deleting the files from their computer. My boyfriend transfered the money via Western Union to Turkey.

Questions: how they had access to those files? Options, pls

What can he do now in order to get these guys? Should he contact the police or something more specific?

How to make sure the chanel isn't still open for the scammers? Do you guys think they have continuous access to my bf's computer, or passwords and such?

My boyfriend felt exposed and he decided to pay. I wouldn't have payed, honestly, I can handle this situation (I still think soon these videos will be online, cuz I don't believe they really deleted them)
>>
Lol why, they can keep blackmailing him. Just deleted all social media or hide all contacts
>>
The police will most likely not be able to do anything. You can contact them, but presumably nothing will happen.

You definitely shouldn't have paid.
>>
Yea, I wouldn't have paid. I would go to the police, and if they can't do anything, climb higher up the ladder. You shouldn't have paid.
>>
>>16568844
>Questions: how they had access to those files? Options, pls
Hard to say. Could be an infected computer/phone/tablet, they have his password to dropbox or some cloud storage, somebody else that have the stuff has been captured, and many more ways.
>What can he do now in order to get these guys? Should he contact the police or something more specific?
Nothing.
>How to make sure the chanel isn't still open for the scammers? Do you guys think they have continuous access to my bf's computer, or passwords and such?
Realistically? Reinstall computers phones and whatnot, change ALL passwords. Don't use the same password more than one place.
>My boyfriend felt exposed and he decided to pay. I wouldn't have payed, honestly, I can handle this situation (I still think soon these videos will be online, cuz I don't believe they really deleted them)
They're gonna release it anyway.
>>
don't forget to give us the link WHEN they upload it

things like this happens all the time where someone's privacy is exposed, yes, it will be seen, talk by people, but ultimately forgotten If you're not a public figure.

I don't know who it works where you live, but you should go to .... the csi or something, the agency where you denounce crimes

international police agencies are more cooperative than you think.
>>
>>16568844
Wow, sex is such a normal thing. He should have just told his family, hey listen, some t*rks got videos of me and my gf having sex. They're trying to extort me and threatened to send you the videos but I ain't sending them shit and they prolly won't send em anyways but just in case they do, could you do me a solid and delete it? Thanks.

Also, congrats, your bf is directly sponsoring terrorism.

Also-also, >>>/g/
>>
OP here
The files were not on Dropbox or anything like that. We filmed it with a gopro and he had it saved on his computer in a hidden folder. I have them too, but in an external hard drive. He told me the last time he opened it was last week.

I advised him to change passwords, I think he's done it already, and he'll reset his computer. I'll soon be telling my family that some video may appear, and ask them not to watch it, and probably it will appear on Facebook too.... It sucks that he paid already.

The truth is he is my ex boyfriend now, we were in a long distance relationship (that didn't work out), and that's why we made the videos when we were together. He told me just after everything happened, and I told him not to pay, that we would be okay, but he felt too exposed (of course ai was way more exposed on the videos). I'm in Brazil and I think it will be hard for these videos to reach me cuz we don't have practically any friends in common on Facebook, and yeah, I think the videos look great. Probably the internet and the fappers will be winning a new homemade material soon.
>>
>>16568906
OMG lol I didn't really connect the Turkish to terrorism. That's awful.

Now they are $800 richer
>>
>>16568914

I dunno if they're just going to post the videos, it's much more likely they'll keep asking your ex for money. It's never a good idea to go along with blackmail, because once they know that you're willing to pay/obey in order to keep your secrets hidden, they're going to keep using that leverage for as much as they can get.
>>
>>16568914
How much do you trust your BF?
Are you sure this is not some bullshit story he's telling you because shared the video with some friends and they are duchbags and say they will upload online?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.