[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/ i got a call from a job headhunter who asked me if i was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: zq.jpg (92 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
zq.jpg
92 KB, 1024x768
/adv/ i got a call from a job headhunter who asked me if i was interested to work at google

i might have fucked up some questions but clearly stated that i was really interested in the position and i wasn't just doing a hit and run

so she asked me to forward her my up-to-date CV and actually suggested an addition because i could add some sql/java skills to it even though i felt i couldn't

that was last thursday, should i send her an email with something like?

Dear x,

Could you possibly know if I should be expecting a call or is the candidate selection period over? I'm very interested in the position and would love to develop myself professionally if I'm given the opportunity, rather than "jumping from job to job".

Once again I really appreciate the opportunity,

signed y

Could /adv/ suggest me what to do?
>>
>>16568510

Send her an email but the one you've drafted is too deferential. Cut the line about "jumping from job to job" and don't say "once again I really appreciate the opportunity" when you literally said that you appreciated the opportunity in the preceding sentence.

It would be a good idea to send an email following up, but with the mindset of "I really enjoyed talking to you, I'm very interested in the position, do you know when I can expect to hear back?"
>>
>>16568523
thank you friend, your response is clearly better

i mostly fucked up because i'm very eager to work at google (i don't even give a fuck about any experience on paper, it's just i REALLY like google)

do you think i should do it right now or possibly wait until tomorrow?
>>
>>16568531
Don't procrastinate, but have someone review your email as you don't seem very skilled in written communication
>>
>>16568556
Don't worry, I'm not writing the email in English. Besides, I just woke up.

I'll make it as tidy and professional as possible, thanks a lot for your input, I do appreciate it.
>>
I got one of these over the summer. I guess they scouted me through my school which is nearish to the valley.
>>
>>16568573
How did it go?
>>
>>16568576
Told her I pushed my graduation date back a year because I got screwed out of a core prereq (transferfag) and she referred me towards their internship applications. Kinda bummed about the whole thing.
>>
>>16568581
Will you be contacting her after graduation?
>>
>>16568582
Not on the record or anything, no. I feel like they just ask for the top soon to be grads every year and ask for them to forward a CV and unofficial transcripts. I'm betting on getting another email this summer if I keep my GPA up. That's not to say I won't be applying there anyways as my grad date approaches.

Do you go to school in the area too?
>>
>>16568599
No, I'm not even from 'merica, but kudos on your graduation! I'll bet you'll make it in no time.
>>
>>16568632
Thanks! That's really impressive to get scouted internationally. Good luck to you, familia.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.