[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My mother likes to play emotional games > Speech crudely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: inferno_thumb.jpg (71 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
inferno_thumb.jpg
71 KB, 600x450
My mother likes to play emotional games

> Speech crudely

> Insists with this type of communication

> I try to hold myself but I get angry

> Generates a conflict

> She is a victim / use victimization

> Homely atmosphere becomes heavy

> Cycle that repeats every day

help me, what to do, I can not stand it. I always apologize and feel guilty for something that is not in my control ... something she understands much better than me.
She uses it to control me .. please, what to do?
>>
Op here

and even forgot to mention that she constantly changes his personality and always creates a justification
"Ah, but.. now I'm sleepy !! hell !!
I just woke up !!
I'm hungry
It's hot
Is cold!!"
>>
that sounds a lot like my mother
desu I don't know what to do either, sorry
>>
help me /adv/, pls
>>
Part of dealing with overly narcissistic parents is being in control of the situation. You also have to accept that with independence comes a loss of security.

When she starts up, get confrontational. Corner her mentally and demand explanations for her actions or word choice. Dont let people just fuck with you. Learn to dole it out.
>>
She probably doesn't recognize what she's doing. You can only be responsible for your own actions and responses.
>>
>>16568454
You can't change her.but you can change her ability to drive you crazy. Just ignore it or laugh at it or pity her for it - or anything but letting it get to you.
>>
>>16568454
Leave. It puts you in control. If she calls and starts to guilt trip, state I will not speak to you while you are in this state, goodbye. And hang up.
>>
Hey look, it's every woman on the planet.

She's preparing you for the shit test games that women play, start considering this as an opportunity to practice your ability to think clearly in the face of this dissimulation, stay calm, and keep yourself out of trouble.

Depending on her powerlevel you might talk to her about it in these terms, tell her "it's been helping" and that you appreciate it. (if it's really internalized this might backfire, but if she still loves you it'll make the internecine moments a lot better)

and just remember; there is no power that she has over you that you are not granting her yourself.
>>
>>16568786
>internecine

woop, meant interstitial.
>>
I am not OP, but I figure this is an appropriate thread to post this.

Recently my grandpa was in the hospital. He came home two days ago. I should be looking after him while he recovers fully this week.
My dad, who is on the other side of my family, is giving me a hard time about not coming home to his house (which is where I stay about half the time). He is getting more passive-aggressive with me every day. This is a week when he has a vacation, but I'd think he would understand I need to take care of my grandpa.

On top of the past week having been stressful, I still need to look after my grandpa, drive other relatives around, and buy Christmas presents. I feel like going to the nuthouse would be a vacation. I don't know what to do.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.