[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are people on the internet so mean?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: promise.jpg (292 KB, 850x545) Image search: [Google]
promise.jpg
292 KB, 850x545
and why can't they be nice?

people like to trash on "hugboxes" and i've never even seen one. seems like it would be kinda nice if there was a place online where people could post things and then everyone would be like, "hey, it's okay! you're great and you should be the best person you can because that's the right thing to do."

but i doubt it exists. like a place for self-improvement and support in living life.

anyway fuck you you're all shit and i hate you :(
>>
>>16567419
>seems like it would be kinda nice if there was a place online where people could post things and then everyone would be like, "hey, it's okay! you're great and you should be the best person you can because that's the right thing to do."
>>>/tumblr/ That's exactly what you're looking for
>>
>>16567419
>anyway fuck you you're all shit and i hate you

The Internet is like international waters. Everyone only knows that place because you can get away with absolutely anything while being out in international waters. Much like the internet you can do and get and watch anything you want. So 90% have numbed this down to calling people faggots.
>Much like Op is a fucking faggot.
>>
reddit
>>
>>16567428
tumblr isn't a place to talk to people. you just post pictures of restaurant food and pretend like you have an interesting blog.

>>16567432
but why can't there somewhere to be nice?

>>16567434
fucking prove it. i would love for there to be a place like this, but saying "reddit" does nothing to help. my experience with reddit has been basically the same as 4chan. are there reddit boards where people actually post, and where people are nice?

i doubt it.
>>
>>16567419
There are some subs on reddit that are like that.

Basically the way it works is that on reddit you have mostly crazy assholes but a few well adjusted people in subs like GetDisciplined or AskMen, and then on 4chan you have 25 year olds who never outgrew linkin park and think it's cool to say nigger, and who also think being mean to people makes them special and unique like doctor house or tyler durden.
>>
>>16567419
tumblr

Mentioned before, but you gotta use it properly to get anything out of it. There's literally everything on there, so just follow the stuff you like and message those people. They're usually super positive.
>>
>>16567452
Like I said one post below this one, I'm a pretty active poster on AskMen and GetDisciplined, and I think they're both pretty helpful. Don't expect handholding or people feeling sorry for you, but they'll treat you like a human being.
>>
>>16567419
because they can be anonymous
>>
>>16567452
https://www.reddit.com/r/CasualConversation
>We want to create a safe and friendly environment for our users
maybe you're the one who should stop being so mean
>>
>>16567419
The real question is why do you take things too seriously on the internet? Unless you've had your identity stolen, why are you so sensetive to random people online whom you may never meet in your lifetime?
>>
I can see you teaching your children the ”everybody`s a winner :D” approach, and groom the next generation of a mega-sensitive, self-diagnosing, disease-inventing bunch of sissies.
>>
>>16567419
You should probably go to reddit instead of hanging out in the mos eisley cantina
>>
why do you care? These people literally have no idea who you are.

They could say "you're awesome!" But that not a reflection on you bc they have no idea who you are.
Similarly, them saying "you suck" is not a reflection of who you are.

Why are you interested in empty worse based more on projection than reality? If you want people to say nice things to you, make some actual friends. One of my friends likes to hear verbally when I appreciate her, so I am sure to tell her every day how awesome I think she is.

You're not going to get fulfillment from strangers in an online forum. You might as well record yourself saying "you're awesome!!" On a track and then playing it over and over on your headphones. You're seeking fufilment but you'll end up deluding yourself
>>
>>16567509
I think you're sort of missing the point. You don't have to be "sensitive" to find it really annoying to get bombarded with pointless hate. While I don't think a big hugbox is any sort of solution and if any thing is the exact same problem just on the other end of the spectrum, it would be nice if people would respond just a little more eloquently or put a little bit more effort into coherently critiquing something for the sake of fostering good discussion.

But this guy (>>16567432) pretty much summed up why that can't happen. People use anonymity to say whatever they want to say whenever they want to say it. While this actually can be helpful in getting out ideas/viewpoints that would be frowned upon or even vilified in the public sphere, it's typically just a tool for people to call other people faggot, nigger, etc. and just be rude for no real reason as much as they want to because shitty people will be shitty people if they can be. I really wish it wasn't too much to ask for people to just not be dicks, though.
>>16567419
You shouldn't be looking for a hugbox. Having someone tell you that everything you're doing is okay is not a good way to promote personal development. And you really shouldn't be looking for personal support on the internet in the first place because like someone else already said, we're just a bunch of strangers. We don't know enough to give you meaningful input about your life or your situation outside of basic advice. You should be communicating these things with friends or family, or even a therapist/counselor.
>>
>>16567579
i don't have friends or family. and counseling is expensive.
>>
>>16567594
Then here you go:
http://www.7cups.com/
Haven't checked the site out but it says it's "Free, anonymous and confidential online text chat with trained volunteer listeners", which isn't quite the same as actual human conversation but is better than you're gonna get here.
>>
>>16567670
*sigh*

no thanks. don't feel like talking to someone trained in talking to depressed losers. just forget it. human interaction doesn't matter anyway.
>>
>>16567419

>hugboxes
>ever being good

Do you also think echo chambers are a good thing OP? Because that's literally what hugboxes are but instead of politics its "muh feels"
>>
You're a real fag if random strangers typing compliments to you on the internet make you feel better.
Hugboxes are for the ill.
>>
>>16567685
So what the hell do you want then?
>>
>>16567700
i mean science is good so echo chambers can't be all bad?

>>16567723
okay :(

>>16567724
i don't know. maybe just to talk.
>>
so you rather have people lie to you, than to hear what they're really thinking

sounds to me that you're a weak little shit not ready for the real world

cuck
>>
>>16567419
it's easier to tear you down than build themselves up

misery loves company

etc. etc. there's a ton of 'em
>>
>>16567419
video games, competition, etc.

its a lot easier to know you beat someone when its right then and there with them crying or whatever, rather than just waiting for updates on how they've gone on to eventually become better people in life.
>>
>>16567419
>>>/s4s/
>>>/s4s/
>>>/s4s/
>>>/s4s/
>>>/s4s/
>>
here, have a hug.
and don't give up on good peeps on the interwebs. we're there, just not as plain to see as the jerks. :)
>>
>>16567419
that's how people really are. IRL they have good reason to hide their true hate.
>>
>>16567419
Because they are anonymous. It's easy to be mean and tough when no one will or can do anything.

Does that remind you of anyone? It should. A child. A toddler. Just understand that these people are acting like children.

Maybe their life sucks, maybe they think it will make them feel better, maybe it makes them laugh. Maybe they want to hurt people.

Either way they are kind of sad if you think about it. Because any reason they have is just sort of pathetic any way you look at it.

Understand this and you will feel much better.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.