[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is lack of success on tinder indicative of lack of success in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 500x340
Is lack of success on tinder indicative of lack of success in real life? I basically have never approached a woman because I'm not particularly attractive and I'm incapable of making conversation or flirting with women. So instead I've tried okcupid and tinder with little to no success over the years. This just leads me to believe that if I did actually try to approach them in real life I would have the same nonexistent success rate. Is there truth to this?
>>
Probably. I've never had sex or a gf before but tons of girls want to meet me on tinder. So far I met 3 hot ones. no sex though since I'm an autist who doesn't know what to do next.
>>
No. You just want an excuse to not try.
>>
>>16567133
In a sense yes, the virtual world is often more open to free expression, so if you have no luck online then i guess you would have no luck offline. However, maybe that's because of your own outlook, there will always be a women for you.
>>
>>16567133
No matter how it starts, you are eventually going to have to let the woman see you and get to know you. Looks are in fact much less important to women than you think. But if you turn out to be a boor or an asshole or a dullard or an egotist or a wimp or whatever kind of person the girl doesn't like, you're going to get nowhere.

So figure out at what point in the meeting process you turn girls off, and what you did then that lost them, and change that part of you.
>>
>>16568589
>Looks are in fact much less important to women than you think
Not OP here but are you sure about that? The rest of the internet kind of disagrees. I know women will say looks aren't important but I assume they are lying. And surveys that are allegedly honest seem to say looks are really important.
>>
>>16567133
I's pretty much the same yeah.... except on tinder you can sort of hide spaghetti untill you sort of know you are sort of mutually interested which makes it a bit easyer for some.
and you can talk tro more girls in a bus ride than in a whole night of clubbing...
then again the real deal happens when you meet them so there's no way around that.
enough is written about how to deal with chicks every day on here so i'm not going to write a titorial for you.
>>
>>16567133
Define 'no success'? How far did you go? Is it not getting a single match?
>>
>>16568595
not the same anon but yes, looks are important, after all they're the first thing you notice, you can't notice intellect, manners, educstion, wittiness or whatever shit you think you have to offer.

Now to know how important looks are, it's basic to know what they are looking for: are you looking for a one-night stand? then probably you would fuck with a Brad Pitt with down syndrome rather than a bigfoot with good feelings.

But when you're looking for a lasting relationship, looks are relegated. don't make me wrong, they're still important but they aren't the decissive aspect in a choice
>>
>>16568772
>don't make me wrong
try and stop me.

Looks are important up until the moment where your physical appearance is mashed with your body language, eye contact, how you speak (the pace and tone of your voice), how you carry yourself - ALL physical attributes, and very hard to communicate over dating apps. If you look at a picture of some dude you are well within your rights to swipe left, but in doing so you are eliminating any possibility of meeting someone who could very well be much more attractive in his attitude and behaviour than any random handsome dufus with lack of confidence and boost of derp.

Out in real world game you can be the most attractive, alphachad man in his prime in the room, without looking the parts. People on the Internet disagree with the statement that looks aren't important, because they are on the Internet.

How to talk to women, how you act around them, what you say to them, how you respond to their shit tests and challenges from your competition, and whether you approach and build attraction with them outweighs pretty much everything else, including looks and money.
>>
>>16568816
>don't make me wrong
I fucked up here anon, I meant don't TAKE me wrong
>>
>>16568823
I just thought it was funny. My point still stands, though.

Girls on tinder are drowning in matches. They'te totally de-sensitized, so the reason you won't get matches could be that your photos aren't as good quality as other guys'. It isn't necessarily your actual looks, and if OP never approaches in real life, there's no way to tell whether girls find him repulsive, average or attractive - but as I said, his behaviour is what's making all the difference. Not approaching isn't attractive, same as not caring how your profile looks isn't going to reel them in.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.