[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help buying a new razor. I've been using these ghetto,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Disposable Razor.jpg (57 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
Disposable Razor.jpg
57 KB, 375x500
I need help buying a new razor.
I've been using these ghetto, cheap, orange razors for a long time now.
I don't think they're cutting it anymore.
What do you dignified gentlemen use to shave?
>>
One with replacable blades.
>>
>>16566053
Safety razor. I'll never go back to cartridges.
>>
>>16566053
>I don't think they're cutting it anymore

Nice.
>>
If you want to bump up your disposable razor game, check out Dorco USA. It's the supplier for Dollar Shave Club. Might as well order direct and not pay the middle man.
>>
>>16566079

I don't understand this.
The orange razors are like $3 for 20 or something. They're dirt cheap.
>>
>>16566082
Right, but this thread is about the orange ones not cutting it anymore. The next step up in razors are those with disposable heads, which can be found cheaply on the site I suggested.
>>
File: dovo.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dovo.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>>16566075
beards still need grooming, i simply use a hairclipper in short setting.

>>16566070
I use those blades with pic related for the edges and to remove neckbeard.
those double edged emo-friends come quite cheap.
>>
>>16566075
I was complimenting your pun.
>>
Honestly, if you're moving up from disposables, it's almost impossible NOT to improve your shave. Those things are nasty.

The easiest upgrade will be to a cartridge razor. Even the low-end models are noticeably better than disposables. Don't buy TOO deeply into the multi-blade BS, though.

Safety razors -the kind that take actual razor blades- are another step up from this, but they take some getting used to. This is where a lot of people stop.

And then, of course, there are straights. They give god-tier shaves, once you figure them out. But the learning curve is steep, and ublike the other types, they take real time to maintain: if you want to take this route, be prepared to spend 10-15 minutes shaving on a regular basis.
>>
>>16566053
Gillette. Your face will feel so smooth after shaving with this. you only need to replace the razors.
>>
>>16566095
I've tried a plastic straight razor I got for $10 but it sucked balls. Is it because it's a shitty razor or is it because I haven't got the technique?
>>
>>16566122
Same here. Expensive as fuck but I buy them in bulk and make sure to treat them well. It is important that they are fully dry after usage, so run them (with the right side of course) over a towel a couple of times after use. Also don't pay attention to those bullshit stripes signaling you should replace them or whatever.
>>
If the blade doesn't turn me into Freddy Kruger, I call it a job well done.

Do metrosexuals really go overboard about the perfect shave?
>>
>>16566095
>>16566114
This.
I've been using a straight razor for two years now.
The shave is, hands down, objectively the best you can get.

Pros:
>closest shave ever
>ladies really appreciate it
>you get stubble later
>you get to get in a somewhat meditative zen every morning while shaving carefully
>cheaper, cheaper, cheaper, incredibly cheaper (look it up)

Cons:
>harder. I wouldn't say like the other anon that the learning curve is steep, it's no dwarf fortress, but it's just there. I cut myself twice or thrice in the first week, was alright after that.
>slower. Always keep disposables in a drawer, because if you wake up late, you won't have time to shave with straight, because if you rush it, you'll cut yourself up, 100%.
>needs daily sharpening on a belt, occasional sharpening at a sharpener's, if you use a fixed blade one and not one of those replaceable razor ones.

Really, dude, consider learning straight razor. It's amazing.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.