[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No girls problem here, move along if you're not interested.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1449307750528.webm (2 MB, 1920x808) Image search: [Google]
1449307750528.webm
2 MB, 1920x808
No girls problem here, move along if you're not interested.

I need to pick a fight with my father, I've been trying to find the courage for years but I never do.
I need to tell him i'm not gonna support him anymore, and I'm gonna move out and I have no intentions of keeping contact with him.
Dunno what his reaction is going to be,
I'm thinking maybe I should do it on the phone because I don't wanna see him pull his little show of the teary eye and the crackly voice.

I'm scared of moving out because I'm far from having my shit togheter, I think I should be able to but I'm prone to making mistakes.

First thing I'll tell about this to somebody in my family, so they can help me stick to it.
I still need to find a job, it's stupid to think about moving out before but I can't take it anymore,
I'd rather take a loss for a while and risk it.
Fuck I don't even know how the renting contracts works.
I need a job at least for a year until I can sign up again and get my degree,
I need 2 years to get my degree, hopefully I can find a job in the meanwhile compatibile to the school schedule,
even if I don't I hope I have enough savings to sustain myself.

Fuck it's a complete shot in the dark I need to take, I'm afraid I won't make it.
I don't even know how to start this.
Maybe I shouldn't tell anything to my father and just do it.
But then again to cut him off my life I need to settle some thing with the bank because we share an account.

Fuck What do I do?
>>
>>16565796
What's the problem with your father?
How do you plan on breaking it on the phone and then close the account afterwards?
>>
>>16565796

Do you have any friends or other family to temporarily live with for the time being. I'd tell someone else in your family that you trust, maybe they can help you and give you advice. I wouldn't even dare consider moving out until you have a job, last thing you need is to be swallowed by unemployment woes and debt.

Start off by applying for jobs and get yourself out there, start your own bank account too for your own funds.

Living with your dad is really that bad?
>>
>>16565796
>I need to tell him i'm not gonna support him anymore

>I still need to find a job, it's stupid to think about moving out before but I can't take it anymore,
> Fuck I don't even know how the renting contracts works.

sounds more like your father is supporting your useless ass
>>
>>16565816
A lot of things, it's a lost cause for me to fight.
And you raise a good point, I'm afraid I won't be able to close the account anyway because it's tied to a few loans he took.

>>16565817
Every single member of my family is going trough some shit right now, new borns, newly wed, cheating husbands, loss.
It's a pretty shitty moment for everybody, if not for personal matters because the country is going to shit on top of everything.

So I'd rather not weight on them on a pratical matter, but for some moral support and help me find a place to stay.
Honestly? I would like to move in another country and start anew, but I don't think that's an option.

>>16565826
I lended him 7k in the last 6 months, he's leeching off of me because he blows his income to pay the loans he takes.
He took a 4k loan in the month of agust and a week later I had to pay 6-700€ of bills and lend him 100k to pay the rates of all the fucking loans.
At this point I don't even know how much he has to fucking pay anymore.
>>
>>16565858
Think rationally. You can ditch him later. Is it worth it to loose 1-2 years of your life because of this?

Start treating him like he treats you, stick around, finish your studies and then get the fuck away.
>>
>>16565923
>Is it worth it to loose 1-2 years of your life because of this?

What you mean by this?
even if I did start completing my studies he would still be leeching off of me.
>>
>>16565858
How the fuck do uou have money and don't have a job? Makes zero sense.
>>
>>16565934
Savings.
>>
>>16565931
>even if I did start completing my studies he would still be leeching off of me.

No. You are letting him leeching off of you.

Let's be clear here. This is not HIS fault. He is using you, for sure, but only because you allow him to use you.

Get your fucking shit together. He's destroying your life ffs. He's your father.

Don't walk away from your problems. That NEVER works.

Tell him that you've had enough of his shit. His leeching is over. You will finish your studies, and you're out.

He can then decide to kick you out. In any case you are better off, because now you don't need to feel bad about it.
>>
>>16565936
Where did the money come from autist.
>>
>>16565946
Yeah, you're right.

but how would I make living with him work out?
He's probably gonna be short on money most of the time and bills do need to get paid.
I'm thinking maybe I'll offer to split them but refuse to give any money to him.

Still I'm afraid I'm gonna have problems because of him, and because the bank account.
>>
>>16566044
Don't talk to him until he realizes that the time where he could take you for granted is over. Keep answers short. But don't be rude or disrespectfull. I guess be responsible is the right word. Be on your moral high horse.

If you haven't realized allready, you are more mature than him. Stop caring about his feelings, because it's obvious that he doesn't care about yours. I can't stress enough that you need to be in control of your emotions. Don't rage, don't be mad, don't cry. Just accept that this is your life for the next year.

If he'll be short on money then it's easy. You say that from now on you are in control of the finances. You tell him what he can and can't afford. This will be really intimidating to him. Having his child treat him like he is the child.

Your first priority is make sure that you've got a place to sleep and food to eat. Don't let him have money for anything else.
>>
>>16566258
>Don't talk to him until he realizes that the time where he could take you for granted is over. Keep answers short. But don't be rude or disrespectfull. I guess be responsible is the right word. Be on your moral high horse.

That just sounds like being passive aggresive, but I do keep the contact to a minimum already.
I don't know if I'll be able to avoid raging or yelling, I have an hard time talking generally and facing things like this is especially hard.

I'd rather keep the finances separated and just share the bills, because he's the kind of person that would rather do things secretly.
He thinks I don't know anything about the loans or the fact that he has opened other accounts in different banks.
He has no shame, he's just aworm of man.
>>
>>16566342
Yeah. It might come of passive agressive. That's not the point. The point is that you cannot let him manipulate you. As long as you can see through his shit and respond acordingly, then obviously you can talk. But not talking is probably easier.

You've got to confront him on the secrets. Ask how your supposed to trust him and why you should bother.
>>
Sorry gtg. Alarmclock rings in 6 hours. Fuck.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.