[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my sister is neglecting her cat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: well-fuck-your-shit.jpg (88 KB, 240x431) Image search: [Google]
well-fuck-your-shit.jpg
88 KB, 240x431
So my sister recently got a cat, but she's never here to take care of her.

When she's not at work, 90% of the time she's at her boyfriend's house. All the while the litter box isn't getting cleaned and the I have to be the one to feed the cat.

During the other 10% I've asked her to clean the litter box but she pouts and makes up some BS excuse saying, "after my two other cats ran away the litter box duty for my new cat is now both our responsibilities." when the hell was that a thing... well i mean it's not like she treated her other cats any better.

No matter what I do it doesn't get done. I've told the parents but they've totally given up. At first I tried to ignore it (other than the feeding) hoping she'd feel bad about neglecting her cat, but it got to the point where there was more shit than littler. I just couldn't stand it anymore, so I've totally taken control of this cat's care.

In a way I'm afraid of letting this cat live with her when she moves out, because I know it's not going to get any better. I'd be happy to keep the cat if she wasn't so attached to it.

What the hell should I do, anons? or what can I suggest to my parents to get her to take responsibility.
>>
>>16565494
Is it an indoor cat?
If not, throw the litterbox away and force it to litter outside.

Or say to your sis that you've arranged for the vet to put the cat down because she's not taking care of her.
>>
Post, talk and treat it as your cat. Make it your cat, post Facebook updates with your cat, talk about how you care for it. She'll get pissy and want the cat, and as long as you don't back down she'll either do the work or accept that its your cat.
>>
>>16565503
It's 100°F here and we have coyotes, so no. that would be giving them a free meal.
>>
>>16565503
also I've grown too attached to this cat to do that.

augh sorry if it seems like i'm being difficult
>>
>>16565504
well that's a thought. don't know if that'll fix it, but it'll definitely piss her off.
>>
>>16565504
This is the best response to this
>>
>During the other 10% I've asked her to clean the litter box but she pouts and makes up some BS excuse saying

"my problems are your problems"
-every woman ever
>>
i know exactly what you're talking about.

my younger sister got turtles. you know, some small kind, living in a water tank. the filter broke, and the five poor turtles had to live in filthy stinking water, so disgusting i smelled it in my adjacent room. often, she'd sleep at a friend's place, sometimes over weekends and the animals would npt get fed for 2 or 3 days. she eventually got fed up with the horrible smell and gave them away.

then she got rats. two of them. you know how rats are great pets when they're domesticated? well what she didn't expect was that to domesticate rats, you have to actually spend fucking time with them. ofc she didn't, she always had some friends or some new fuck buddy in mind, and so they were wild. she got two more. two escaped and henceforth lived wild in her fucking ugly mess of a room. you can't imagine the stink. i till lived in the room next to it. she eventually got rid of those too, though whether she gave them to somebody or she just let them loose outside, i'll never know.

i was sad for the animals, and i fed them secretly. that was all. i kept complaining about the smell. my parents complained, but didn't do anything. fucking useless.

she grew out of it. i don't know where, but she found some fucking sense. she has no pets now, is becoming a nurse... well she got her shit together. took her about 23 years to do so, but... well, it's something.
>>
Why the fuck did she get a cat to begin with if she's not the slightest bit interested in it in any way whatsoever?
I'll never understand the logic behind people who do these kinds of things....
>>
unfortunately none of this is legally neglect (aka animal control would keep making her pay fines until she fixed her shit or seize custody of the cat)

you can take the cat to the shelter as a stray you found (assuming it doesn't have a microchip) and your sis will have to pay to get the cat back or he/she will be adopted out to someone who gives a shit, you can maybe repeatedly move the litter box into her room to piss her off with the smell of festering cat shit until she cleans it, etc. you get the idea

or you could just straight up say unless she gets her shit together you are surrendering the cat to the shelter, or just suck it up and continue caring for the cat
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.