[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girlfriend getting lazy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Alpha-male-Robert-DeNiro.jpg (91 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Alpha-male-Robert-DeNiro.jpg
91 KB, 640x480
OK, so I have this predicament. Almost 10 months relationship (though we know each for much longer) and I get the feelings she's getting lazy, taking me for granted. It's all my doing too, because I'm fucking madly in love at this point, it took a while to develop these feelings, and now I'm showering her with love, but I feel she's not really putting much effort. Now, from what I managed to get from her (passive aggressive withdrawn type, difficult to talk about own feelings), she wants to feel I'm committed and that's partly why she's a bit distant, hesitant, even though we often talk about things like marriage, kids, getting old together. It's fucking difficult for me at this point to play push-pull game and make her chase me by becoming cooler and letting her see she can lose me, is this my best bet? Femanon point of view also appreciated.
>>
I hate to be the one to tell you, but if she's passive agressive and can't communicate open and in an adult manner, this whole thing probably won't last. Because that's the one thing you need. How old are the two of you?
>>
>>16565099
we're both oldfags, feeling enough biological pressure. she even indirectly expressed the desire to be proposed to. am I being kekked. goddamn love is blind, I'm a mess of emotions right now. Big part of me just says fuck it, do it, get married, you ain't getting any younger
>>
>>16565115
How old tough? 10 months is rather short to get married, but it might be that she's pulling back because she feels her biological clock ticking and thinks it's about time to take the next step. I would, however, advice against it. Feeling obliged to rush in is not a very good start. Have you talled to her about the situation? If yes, what did she say?
>>
Notice how she started acting this way the more you started to "fall" for her?

Hint: they are directly connected. It sounds like you already know that though, which is good. That puts you ahead of most, in this type of situation.

What you have to do is start to pull your attention off. The trick is truly devoting your attention to something else. Faking it and sitting around without her, but constantly thinking about her, won't get you anywhere.
>>
>>16565656
>What you have to do is start to pull your attention off. The trick is truly devoting your attention to something else.

Actually, if they are not teenagers, this will make her more resentful and run the other way.

Talk to her and find out what is up.
>>
>>16565040
Time for a new one.

Dump her before Christmas like a $avage!
>>
File: catbeat.jpg (115 KB, 538x566) Image search: [Google]
catbeat.jpg
115 KB, 538x566
>>16565040
>>
>>16565040
>she wants to feel I'm committed

On a serious note, this could be legit.

Describe your relationship.
>>
>>16566474
kek
>>
>>16565656
thanks, I feel it's the best way, even just selfishly for myself, trying to cool off, not letting my hormones hijack my intelligence. If it's meant to last, it will.
>>
>>16566487
I sure hope it's legit. I'm divorced, she's never been married, I know she has a slight problem with that. I've met the parents, going to be with her family again this Christmas, getting along really well, we're making plans ahead, visiting my folks in the future, living together, kids. I feel she's anxious about her first possible proposal/marriage, and wants to feel absolutely sure about my commitment and may be therefore a bit aloof.
>>
Probably seeing how much she can get away with.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.