[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my younger sister is getting dragged into degeneracy she was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
my younger sister is getting dragged into degeneracy

she was interested in singing and we were all behind her, then theater, which was fine as well

but now her friends are lesbians, she's going out with guys by herself at sixteen, dressing like a whore, drinking, we don't know what to do

I understand there are some people who think all those things are ok, those people need not post in this thread

she listens to the majority, the all encompassing propaganda in our society; she thinks her friends are good people and doesn't see why we object, it seems cruel and unusual to her because she hasn't seen with her own eyes where the slope downwards goes
>>
The harder you try to control her the harder she will resist. Most 16 year olds are like, especially girls who feel the need to explore and experiment.
Rebelion is just ingrained in society, we see things don't agree with (sometimes not even for logical reasons) so we push back. She doesn't understand your families need to control her. Love her and support her decisions and don't make her feel guilty otherwise you will lose her. Just say you want to be there for her no matter what and if she needs space just trust her. You can't protect everyone bro, that's just how life is but you can guide them to a position that is stable so they can make the right decision. She will be alright, just don't let your parents threaten her with exile and all that crazy shit families do to their kids and take her side, its better that you're with her for the ride and you can make sure she is safe than by forcing her (pushing her away really) to do and behave the way she simply isn't. Keep what you love close and nurture it. Pick a flowe but don't let it die. Do you get what I am saying?

Sorry if shitty spelling, I'm on my phone.
>>
>>16564946
She needs to learn pain and suffering

it makes people more modest.

If you're interested I could suggest some things
>>
>>16564961
see I don't want to push her away, but we can't just sit back and do nothing

we won't let degeneracy into our household, the further she goes the welcome she will be
she doesn't realize the impact she's having on all of us

there are consequences of what she's doing that she can't even understand yet, and she won't be able to undo later on
>>
>>16564995
we're not going to beat anyone in our household, punishment in general might stop her going the wrong way; but from what I've seen it often becomes the greater evil
>>
>>16565000
No, something like take her electronics to a pawn shop and sell them.

Magnetise her HDD, make her cry
>>
>>16565003
it would be foolish of us to punish her for doing something wrong if she could not understand why it's wrong

the media makes everything seem so black and white, if a girl kisses a girl so what?

the LGBT community gets darker the more you go into it, first you get the mental disorders, the depression, then the social outcasts, bad people, drugs, exploitation, radical fringe groups

where she is now is not so bad, the problem is that she's going downhill with no insight as to what lies at the bottom

I don't want her to have a partner kill themselves or cheat on her because they don't believe in "traditional relationship values"
I don't want her to thing drug use is the norm because all the people she hangs out with do it

already she's talking about persuing a career in drama, and there are simply no jobs, and no well paid jobs in the field

when I was younger my parents stood back and did nothing, and I went off the rails and did a lot of thing I regret still to this day
>>
>>16565103
So you expect her to do the stupid shit you did just because she's hanging out with some gays? Maybe she's just not as dumb as you. How old are you OP, and who's "we"?
>>
>>16565135
no, I don't expect her to do the same things I did, she's a different person
I just realize that standing back and doing nothing is a terrible idea

and to be frank hanging out with gays is not the end of the world, but it's a very slippery slope

many girls have had their lives ruined by getting a poor reputation, and many lost their futures by hanging around with no-goods
now I don't think gays are intrinsically no-goods, but for some reason that's beyond me a huge section of them seem to be
>>
I mean, when I was 15/16 I was like that too. I was wearing slutty clothes and sleeping with a lot of guys, and drinking a fair amount (no drugs or smoking though). This was because my parents were strict so I wanted to do rebellious things and experience stuff. Then I got over it, learned from my mistakes by myself and now at age 21 I'm a classy dresser and have been with the same guy for 14 years, hardly any alcohol and still no drugs + getting education.

The point of that story was, lots of kids act like this. They just want to let it out of their system. Once they do that they'll get bored of it and tone down a lot by the time they're an adult.
>>
>>16565150
*4 years
>>
OP is a homophobic Christian. Why don't you just pray about it?
>>
>>16565135
Their household sounds a little bit intense and very old fashioned believing that being gay is "degenerate" (and even using the word degenerate, I thought only /pol/ said that).

So if that's the case I don't blame her for being rebellious when society as a whole disagrees with her parents.
>>
>>16565149
There's a lot of depression and mental health issues in the community but that's a lot because people call them degenerates and shit like that. Reputation is a subjective thing based on which kinds of people you want to have a reputation with. Going out and drinking etc certainly isn't healthy for a 16 year old and could well be quite dangerous but she's probably doing it to get away from her controlling socially conservative home, I know I'd want to do that.
>>
>>16565150
I think it's really rolling the dice
sure lots of people who rebel turn out alright, but many don't

>>16565158
we arn't really christian, I don't see same sex relationships as wrong in themselves; there's just a very invasive and ugly culture around it that normalizes mentali illness, promotes polygamy, drug use and pulls people from mainstream society
>>
>>16565167
the promlem for us is this
be more controling an she makes less mistakes, but likes us less
be less controling, she makes more mistakes and likes us more

in the real world junkies love their mothers, and well brought up people only visit once a month
>>
>>16565169
If you care so much about people being pulled from mainstream society, normalizing mental illness etc why are you posting this to 4chan of all places?
>>
>>16565172
Exactly because she realises what family is about, also there is no guarantee that giving her more freedom means she is going to go off the edge.

Consider this
>Be controlling
>"I'm going to do this just to spite my parents, they always shout at me so they probably don't love anyway"

>Be less controlling
>"there's nothing stopping me from doing this, but do I really want to?"
>>
>>16565180
if it were just up to her I'd agree entirely, but there are peple who will drag young people into all kind of things if they young person doesn't have strong values

it starts with someone doing drugs in front of them, blowing off work to see friends, drinking with people you don't know well

young people get taken advantage of, if that happens I can put people in the ground; but I can't undo the harm that has been done
>>
>>16565149
>literally invoking the slippery slope fallacy
I thought /pol/ was supposed to know how to argue?
>>
>>16565186
The problem is, is that you're trying to keep her as a perfect, innocent and untouched human when the sad fact is that no one is. People fuck up, they make mistakes and they go through stages and when you're a teenager you go through a concentrated stage of doing really stupid things. The important thing to remember is that most people go through this stage, so yeah don't just be like "yea whatevs" but also you have to accept she is going to make mistakes eventually and realistically it's better she makes them now rather than later on when she does have responsibilities.
>>
>>16565197
it's not a fallacy haha
it's wrong to say "X will happen, so Y will definitely follow"
but it's not wrong to say " if we stop X, there can be no Y"

many such consequences are entirely logical, the reason they are considered falicies is because often the link between X and Y is unproven

"if people don't start drinking, they won't get drunk"
vs.
"if people have a drink, they will get drunk"
>>
>>16565202
that is the traditional wisdom, but from what I've seen it's better keeping people from facing challenges until they are ready for them

nobody learns to ride a bike without falling over a few time, but if you put a kid on a bike too young they will get hurt a lot
>>
>>16565204
>"if people don't start drinking, they won't get drunk"
>"if people have a drink, they will get drunk"
They just seem to be the inverse which doesn't actually make a difference. You're still basically saying the same thing
>>
>>16565209
Because OP and his family have such stronger morals and such better people for her own good, obviously
>>
>>16565209
But how do you know that 16 isn't roughly the right time? If she hasn't made a single mistake until she has moved out and living by herself, how is she going to cope without her parents.

Getting in trouble and then trying to fix it so your parents don't find out is a pretty important part of life because it teaches you how to deal with mistakes without just falling back on your parents.
>>
>>16565218
to be frank we're a successful family, of all the litany of misfortune a family can bring apon itself we have been spared

there is nothing wrong saying "x is not OK"
>>
>>16565222
I hope she will learn from others mistakes, nt her own

the danger is some mistakes you don't learn from, or arn't clearly mistakes till later on
I don't want her to make mistakes she can't bounce back from, or wake up at 25 with no career, no money, no decent people in her life wondering why
>>
>>16565204

If you gave a shit about her 'reputation' and actually had half of a functioning brain cell, you'd realize that this is 2015 and that homosexuality is rapidly becoming the normal and completely legal. In regards to your sister's 'reputation', within the next decade, close minded bigots who condemn homosexuality as 'degeneracy' will be seen with the same ire as people who think blacks and whites should date/marry.

The only thing that's happening here is that you don't like the idea of homosexuality, for whatever deluded reasons you've chose, and you're trying to push it on your sister.

All that can be said is tough shit, homosexuality is here to stay, idiot.
>>
>>16565247

who think black and whites shouldn't* date/marry.
>>
>>16565248

Did you completely sleep through the mid-1800s/mid/late 1900s in Social Studies? Although, given the level of education your posts have demonstrated, that's not too unlikely.
>>
>>16565240
Yeah but don't you see what has happened? You use words like "degenerate" and think homosexually is likely a one way tick to death and despair in a club toilet, appear to abhor the concept of making mistakes and consider yourself a "successful" family with the implication that other's aren't because they're not like yours.

You're proud of your family, but your family sounds like it's made up of what we call in the real world, "Dickheads". People who feel they're better than others for what they didn't do rather than for anything they did do.

Sure your family might have never had a hangover, but I'm pretty sure Bill Gates and his family has.
>>
>>16565247
Thing is it's not juust that, drinking and drugs are dangerous for a 16 year old and that's a genuine concern. OP's a bigoted dickhole but I think he does love his sister. That said he's acting like he baby her through life rather than just be there for her if she needs him, which she would do if he wasn't such an asshole
>>
>>16564946

Where's dad op? what is he doing?
>>
>>16565260
Knowing these kind of uptight and overly strict families, probably murdering prostitutes.
>>
how about you stop being a reactionary shithead and don't bother your sister
>>
>>16565269
Drugs and drinking can be quite dangerous for young people (and especially women) outside of the whole "we must uphold good family values or society will crumble if you smoke a bit of pot" rhetoric he has somewhat of a point. Even if his limits on what counts as making a mistake are probably not that lenient and he seems to think of her as a doomed to become a "fallen woman", he's not wrong (entirely) he's just an asshole
>>
>>16565103
All of that stuff you listed exists outside of lgbt too. They're societal problems.
>>
>>16565214
No. You can drink without getting drunk but you cannot get drunk without having a drink.
>>
>>16564946
Sounds like the problem is your sister is a teenager.
Luckily this only lasts 7 years.
>>
>>16564997
you can't make her stop doing anything. that's the reality of things.
What you NEED to do to make sure she doesn't have terrible, life long regrets is to make sure she's doing whatever she's doing responsibly.

If she's going to drink, she needs to do it with people she trusts. She needs to keep track of her own drink and make them on her own so she doesn't get drugged.

You need to let her know that if she needs help, she needs to call you without being afraid of what you're going to do.

Teenagers will be teenagers, but you can help the phase be a little less traumatizing by giving her some tips on how to be safe.
It's inevitable that she's gonna do stupid shit. She'll learn from this and be happy that she had a family to help her through it.
>>
>>16564946
>my younger sister is getting dragged into degeneracy
Oh God, here we go...
>>
>>16564946
Circle of life bro. She'll grow up in her mid 40's, maybe.
>>
>>16564946
>dressing like a whore
What happened achmed, did she go out without her burka or something?
>>
>>16566128
This^
>>
Many girls go trough a rebelious lesbian phase and either go strait or monogamous lesbian. If anything chance of mistakea being life-ruining is much smaller than with guys so if anything you should be happy that her slut phase happens to coincide with a gay phase!
>>
File: 1450137247769.jpg (98 KB, 1035x1380) Image search: [Google]
1450137247769.jpg
98 KB, 1035x1380
Be a good big brother and instruct her nii-san

Suffuring does make people better

Cant be spoiled when you got nothing

Give her a old flip phone, no texting. With minutes

Get her to get a goal and achieve something great

Curfue and if she doesnt then slowly strip her from everything she holds dear, down to her room door

You dont want her dating, get your parrents to forbid her, shes not mature enough, silly girl doesnt realise thoes boys want sex only

Thats few tips, use your brain
>>
>>16566544
You sir, are a walking manifestation of cancer.
An old school misogynist who dragged his warped and pimply ass into the internet age, atop a chariot pulled by the plebians of WizardChan. Now, I appreciate that every woman you've ever been attracted to has detected your innate worthlessness and thus turned you down, causing you to externalise your flaws even more and project it onto them.

TLDR: Kill yourself faggot.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.