[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
superiority and inferiority complex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: pokey_by_caucheumd-d6s9xho.png (912 KB, 937x715) Image search: [Google]
pokey_by_caucheumd-d6s9xho.png
912 KB, 937x715
This might come off as nonsensical rambling, but I'll try to explain my situation as best I can.

Lately I'm starting to view myself as overall better than most people. I see others as nothing more than dumb animals, with the possible exception of some close ones. I look down on pretty much everyone. And every time I see someone that might have it better off than me at the slightest I get a strong sense of hatred towards that person and can't think of anything else but wanting to make their lives as miserable as possible.
I don't know how I became like this, but I don't think it's a good thing. I'm kinda lack social skills and don't have many friends, and this mindset probably won't get me any. Even though self confidence is supposed to be the key, right?
I'm not even sure what I'm asking for here, just something, anything, I guess.
>>
thank you for the post, op, i'm struggling with the same thing.
I don't know if it's your case, but i both love and hate this kind of attitudes at the same time. I'm brainwashed and i think it makes me more unique.
>>
>>16564711
>>16564718
congrats, you are both sociopaths. please see a psychiatrist.
>>
>>16564728

Granted, they could also both be edgy teenagers.
>>
>>16564732
better safe than sorry
>>
Well if your horrible grammar is any indication you're certainly not smarter or better than most people. If you're wishing ill on people you think are better than you, then you're just insecure and lashing out to protect this high self image you've started to wear like a mask over the real you. And the real you apparently sucks.

Self-confidence is important, but I don't think you actually don't have any in any place other than your mind. When you're actually in these social situations with these 'dumb animals' do you find that you in fact have LOW self-esteem compared to them? Do you feel insecure because you actually don't know what to say? You probably feel foolish.

I think you have to take a real look at yourself. Without trying to compare yourself to others. Look purely at yourself and figure out what exactly your strengths and shortcomings are. Then work on improving yourself so you have real self-confidence and social skills.
>>
>>16564746
better grammar than most I've seen here
>>
>>16564711
I was like this in high school as well.
You'll grow out of it eventually.
Then you'll be dead inside like I am now :^)
>>
>>16564746

not op.

I have already reached that conclussion. I have a poor self image, and a low self esteem, and getting to believe i'm better than everyone is my mechanism of protecting myself. My problem is that i can't distinguish between my real personality and the personality of the person i want to be/play to be.

Any advice?
>>
>>16564728
That's more narcissistic tendencies than sociopathy
>>
It's compensation, OP. You view most people from the outside very superficially so it's easy for you to just lable them as dumb.
Don't confuse superiority complex with actual confidence though. If you actually had confidence (and you get that by being successful at a hobby/job/social life and being actually happy) you wouldn't feel the need to look down on other people in the first place.
You are in a miserable position in life and the thoughts you have described are just a psychological defense mechanism. An extreme form of compensation to tell you that you don't actually suck that hard.
You need to get out and do something that makes you feel genuinely great about yourself. A real hobby that makes you feel accomplished (no not gaming).
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.