[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't I do it. No matter what I do, no matter what I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: scan40_1.png (273 KB, 579x464) Image search: [Google]
scan40_1.png
273 KB, 579x464
Why can't I do it. No matter what I do, no matter what I try, I can't beat anxiety. I can't stop having panic attacks.

No matter how long I go, I'm guaranteed to fail again, eventually. In an instant I am robbed of my mental faculties, my mood, and any ability to do anything for hours on end. Robbed.

FUCKING ROBBED. FOR NOITHIN'. FOR FUCKING NOTHING! NOTHING. NO REASON. THERE IS NO REASON.

It's that goddamn fucking amygdala / broader prefrontal cortex. How do I beat the shit out of and or reconcile the deficits of this fuck? Want to jump in the river.
>>
>>16564420
Whatever your worried about, it feels like an avalanche, i would try to slow down and take time to yourself and tell yourself it all doesnt matter because i'm alive and well. Meditate if you need too anon, it really helps
>>
Get into better physical shape; muscle tissue helps moderate one's moods.
>>
>>16564420
I feel exactly the same way right now. I wake up in the mornings feeling shitty and I go to bed thinking how I am shitty. If you need someone to talk to, we're hear to lend an ear.
>>
>>16564444
It varies, which tells me it all feeds on 1 core basis. Right now it's some stupid hypochondriac bullshit. Have an open cut on my finger, handled raw turkey 3 days ago. Both my hands feel kind of strange now... don't they? Do they? They might... Oh I think they do. Probably. I don't know! Durr durrrrrrr...

Oh gosh golly, what if I have salmonella. What if it's a sort that can cross the blood brain barrier? After all this shit I'd rather not end up with some big swelled up sac in my skull. Got shit to do and ain't havin' no goddamn fucking surgeon cut the top of my skull off! Fuck!! CAN REASON IT AWAY BUT THE FEELING DOESN'T GO AWAY, IT JUST GETS WORSE.

It's moronic. Though it isn't usually that moronic, this time it certainly is. My real problem is years of actual health problems and chronic pain, and a highly stressful and demanding environment. Couple that with natural gray matter atrophy from pain perception, and I think my already broken psyche is just a fucking delicate maze.

Kill me, I'm sick of this shit. Wish I could stop.

>>16564451
I'm already in fairly decent shape.

>>16564454
I appreciate it. I'm a bit addled at the moment.
>>
File: Roller_skates,_1910.jpg (158 KB, 1078x1473) Image search: [Google]
Roller_skates,_1910.jpg
158 KB, 1078x1473
>>16564521
Bulk up.
>>
>>16564539
Not enough money. Most of my body has indicated it contains higher amounts of type 2 fibers. I can build bulk pretty easily, but I rarely get enough calories and go through random periods of barely eating for a few days.

I'd like to lift some weights, but it'd probably just atrophy. If it even had the time or material to repair to begin with. Right now I just stay at a rough baseline that kind of works.

Resource scarcity is a large source of stress. But what the fuck am I gonna do? The ideal case is learning to not be stressed by shit I can't solve.
>>
File: Picture 7.png (23 KB, 476x597) Image search: [Google]
Picture 7.png
23 KB, 476x597
this very much looks like a hardware problem to me.
you're software seems fine, but you don't have (enough) controll over your subconsious brains anymore. and it's because of way way way to much stress your body has went through.
the revalidation could take very long.

>"but I rarely get enough calories and go through random periods of barely eating for a few days."

^ wtf has that to do with you feeling anxious? eat godamnit!

and get to a doctor. you seem in way to bad of a shape (pic related) to handle this alone.
possible lots of meds..
>>
My ex went through this for a couple of years. The kind that would have her totally out of control of her breath and having spasms (not the good kind), not being able to move for a half hour at a time.

She started doing yoga and meditation, and now three years later she's the happiest, calmest person I know, and more aware and in control of her body than anyone I've ever met.
>>
>>16564420
Go to your doctor and talk to them. Ask them about SSRI (Selective Serotonine reuptake inhibitors). They help me a lot with Depression and Anxiety. Its worth a shot, OP.
>>
>>16564420
Panic attacks are not - repeat, NOT the product of some moral inadequacy or unmanliness. They are the product of a chemical imbalance and can be treated medically.

Stop beating yourself up and see a doctor
>>
You don't "beat" anxiety, anon. You manage it. Either through medication, lifestyle changes or both. Ask your doctor.
>>
>>16564420
Ugh yeah I hate anxiety. One thing I did decide was to get off using Effexor (though been a couple months-ish I'm slowly improving with side effects but still a bit of a pain ) and not just go on some other drugs but to be clean of it. Think just that alone might have lessened it.
>>
>>16565879
Though not to put down drugs as other have suggested (Well except Effexor I will never recommend that one specifically to anyone) really would depend on you specifically too.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.