[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am considering deleting from all online social sites like FB,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1449538117227.png (229 KB, 298x300) Image search: [Google]
1449538117227.png
229 KB, 298x300
I am considering deleting from all online social sites like FB, because they give me nothing and made me little addicted.
Should i go for it or no?
>>
>>16563574
What do you think you'll accomplish by doing this?
>>
How do you plan on deleting your 4chan presence?
>>
upside be tht i will do more productive stuff for my life instead

Downside might be that i might miss some friend invites, or some messages from old friends and stuff (but these things never happe anyway for me)
>>
>>16563574
If you're unable to handle the addiction, what makes you think that you won't channel these addictive tendencies into something else that's equally bad? All things considered, social media is largely a benefit to your life. So I say, get a grip on your life and start working on your self-control instead.
>>
>>16563654
What? How?
>>
Have the will to post less and lurk more on facebook. There is no reason to delete something that can benefit you just have less of a presence and dont give a shit if you havent logged on in weeks or days to respond to peoples desires to communicate with you.
>>
>>16563656
What part didn't you understand? You can work on your self-control through exercise or meditation.
>>
>>16563675
>All things considered, social media is largely a benefit to your life
>>
>>16563678
Ah, well I don't personally love social media and think a lot of people use it in an obnoxious way, but it's honestly social suicide to not have one. And the benefits are that most people use it for messaging, college stuff, keeping in touch, etc.
>>
>>16563703
>but it's honestly social suicide to not have one

Have one what?

A lot of people I know quit Facebook for reasons and that's pretty much all that's out there for men.
>>
>>16563708
Facebook profile.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.