[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/. I'm a 20yo, 5'4, 6.5/10ish fem and I work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: kitty.png (446 KB, 683x519) Image search: [Google]
kitty.png
446 KB, 683x519
Hey /adv/.

I'm a 20yo, 5'4, 6.5/10ish fem and I work as a barista in a crowded city mall. Today while I was making drinks, a guy came up to the counter and started asking me personal questions, particularly questions about my tattoo, which is covered by my clothes and not visible. I was super uncomfortable and my boss told him to leave the cafe.
A few hours went by, and things were normal. But then I was in the back room and my boss told me not to come out front, because the guy had come back and was waiting for me. After like 10 minutes he asked my coworker when we open tomorrow and left. Thankfully I'm not working tomorrow.
My boss wouldn't let me leave alone and walked me to my car. I'm home alone now and I'm anxious about going back to work on Tuesday, and about this escalating to like stalker-level. He had no way of knowing about my tattoo so like idk how long he's been watching me.

What do I do about this?

tl;dr
>some creepy guy at work asking about my tattoo that isn't visible
>got asked to leave but came back to wait for me
>I don't want a stalker, how fix
>>
I'm pretty sure if it was Ryan Gosling or some shit he wouldn't be creepy.

He must've seen it once or twice before and was asking a legitimate question to you. Maybe he was too shy. Just shake it off you fucking pussy bitch.

tl;dr kill yourself.
>>
>>16563024
call him a bitch ayyy

just keep close to friends who can protect you and look out for you during/after your shift

not hard OP

call the cops if he escalates
>>
>>16563049
It's still legitimately creepy if he saw it some other time and then came back specifically to ask me about it. It's not like he was just making polite conversation while waiting for his latte. He didn't buy anything. He came over specifically to start questioning me about weirdly personal things while I was working, and he was asking other things, like where my mom lives and shit like that. That would be weird coming from anything. He wasn't hideous or anything, just weird and making me uncomfortable.

And then he came back after being asked to leave, so like it's not like he was behaving normally.
>>
>>16563024
It seems like your boss and coworkers understand how uncomfortable you were and agree he was being inappropriate. If he comes back I'm sure they'll have your back. If he keeps coming back and bothering you they could probably ban him from the store. If he starts following you outside of work talk to the police and if they am offer protection. There's nothing you can do right now, and at least you seem pretty protected at work. Let it go for now.
>>
>>16563067

>and he was asking other things, like where my mom lives and shit like that

Well don't leave shit like that out. Carry pepper spray or ask your boss if you can CC from now on. If they say no fucking quit.
>>
>>16563049
>asked personal questions
>asked to leave by manager
>comes back and waits outside
>asks other employee when she was working next despite being kicked out.
That's not normal, fag. People like you are just as autistic as feminists
>>
>>16563090

Define normal, nigger. There is no such thing. Maybe the guy has some sort of fucking asperger syndrome or something.
>>
>>16563111
Then that would be the case. But OP is justified in being anxious and bothered by it. Third wave tumblr feminism is delegitimizing females who actually are in sticky situations.
>>
>>16563165

Doesn't mean you call him a creep. But, I forgot. This is 4chan where rationality and logic isn't welcome here. Let alone from women.
>>
>>16563169
Assuming he isn't by definition autistic, how is that not creepy?
>>
Tell your boss to call the cops next time he comes around. He knows things about you that he shouldn't like the tattoo that isn't visible, which means he's been watching you for a while now, and such. If he doesn't stop there needs to be some sort of proof like calls to the cops. And if you see him call the cops asap.
>>
He could be a PI trying to identify you because of unpaid debts or anyone of many things PIs investigate. Hence the weird personal questions, like where you mother lives and so on.

When you leave for work ring your boss and let him know you're on your way in and an ETA for getting there. Discuss a plan for if you don't arrive when expected.
>>
Agreed that you/someone at work should call the cops next time he's around. The cops may not be able to do much besides tell him to leave, but fill out any police reports you can to create a paper trail. If this person is legit stalking you, proving it can be the hardest part. A LOT of states legally can't do much until something actually happens, which is really scary and unfortunate.

Do not walk to your car alone. Make sure you're aware of your surroundings (ex: that someone isn't hiding under your car, behind a tree, etc). Make note that nobody is following you home. If you suspect someone's following you, pull in someplace that is well-lit, has cameras, is open for business, or if possible - a police station. Don't go home or to a family/friend's home.

I don't mean to scare you but it can't hurt to be overly cautious. If something does not feel right, don't go against your gut feeling. Better to be safe than sorry. Hopefully this was just some crazy fluke and you never see him again. Working in retail sucks sometimes for reasons like this.
>>
>>16563090
This. The line was broken after coming BACK after being leaved by the manager. Normally I'd agree with you, but in this situation the dude is fucking being weird.
>>
>>16563024
Op ask for a week off maybe? And get a ring so you can show him and say you're married or something.
Honey stay safe
>>
>>16563024
get yourself some mace or pepper spray. be prepared to use it.
>>
>>16563169
>act in a way that, according to OP's previous experience and knowledge, is not how non-threatening people usually act
>interested in personal information even though he lacks connection to OP
>OP does not know him therefore does not know what he is going to do with that info
>previous experience warns OP about stalkers
>he gives signs that he may be one

>RATIONALITY IS NOT WELCOME HERE

You're retarded, kill yourself.
>>
Get one of those cliche lipstick tazers or something and be prepared to defend yourself. Try to also find out who he is and file a police report. Not a lot will be done, because Police can't do much, but if anything does happen it'll lead straight to him.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.