[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
>go to doctor because stomach problems
>doctor says it might be ibs, eat more wholegrain and more veggies etc.
>doesn't help, cut out gluten for 2 weeks, improvements, feel better, no stomach problems, just avoid all bread, cakes and cookies, eat veggies and drink plenty of water
>go to doctor again after introducing gluten again, problems with digestion, feeling bloated, dizzy, nausea, weak and tired
>doctor says it might be gluten, go through check ups and more, gluten is definitely the sinner
>try to tell parents, they don't care, they say there's no such thing, buy the same things, don't try to help, says gluten-free is fake
>can't buy my own stuff because all my money go to paying for staying here, forced to eat what's eat what they buy because they don't buy anything else...

Wat do?
>>
Did you call me?
>>
>>16561607
Seriously...
>>
>>16561601
Get a note from the doctor, they should listen
>>
>>16561614
Well I did, they just say it might be because I eat the wrong things and that they can't buy the expensive stuff because I got some kind diet-change-fit. I truly tried to make them understand and I can't just starve. I try to eat miniscule amounts of bread, since that's mostly all we have.
>>
This sucks if you cant buy your own groceries. gluten is in everything
>>
>>16561620
Yeah and it's often hidden behind other names. It fucking sucks.
>>
Your parents are kind of dicks.

Can't they buy a large bag of rice or something? Rice isn't expensive and you can do a ton of things with it if you have some other ingredients and sauces.
>>
Get yourself checked out for celiac and/or Crohn's. Even the biggest gluten naysayers can't deny those, and if actual tests are showing gluten intolerance then the likelihood of you having one of these two conditions is high. Some even suspect that ALL cases of gluten intolerance can be traced back to one of these conditions.
>>
>>16561617
Then you need to confront your parents laziness by doing research for them.

First, you don't need to buy expensive "gluten free" products. You're going to have to make some sacrifices until you can afford to buy your own groceries. Maybe you just won't eat bread for awhile, because your parents are never going to buy you rice flour or gluten free-bread because it's expensive.

So what you do is create a list of gluten free foods that you can eat that are price reasonable and (as much as you can) fit into your family's diet. Do they eat rice? Good, you can all eat that together. Are your parents going to eat a bread heavy meal? Find something you can eat instead of their food. You can make a giant batch of rice and beans, and it will freeze and reheat well. Get a big bag of apples and potatoes. Make a list. Make a list that is "When I have to eat something else." Make a list of "Can eat together as a family." Make sure the list includes plenty of cheap or reasonably priced food. If your parents balk at you making rice and beans and asking for a sack of potatoes, then they have worse problems than I can even imagine. But do the work/research and ask specifically, and incorporate it into family meals if you can.

Sorry they're such shitheads.
>>
>>16562546
Yeah, they're probably stuck on the "gluten makes your dick fall off" version of the meme, when Hashimoto's, Crohn's and celiac all have medical reasons for hurting you in that way. Explain to them that there isn't just "gluten intolerance" but people actually have medical conditions where getting rid of gluten can help
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.