[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Meet girl last week at work >End up walking her home back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 470x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 470x850
>Meet girl last week at work
>End up walking her home back to campus after shift
>Hit it off, ask for facebook
>Couple days after ask her to hang for a coffee
>We do, goes really nice, we had a lot in common
>Couple days later go see a movie, followed by dinner then she suggests we meet her a friends (a couple) in town
>Have a chill evening, over the course of some more drinks she tells me she just broke up with an ex of two years about two weeks previous, but not to worry about it because "You arent a rebound, because That relationship was going downhill for a long time, so I was emotionally out of it for a while"

>Asks me to stay at hers that night
> I oblige, on bus home she tells me she feels like things have become "real" between us really fast, I said "We dont have to go too fast or be anything we dont wanna be, for now we can just be two people that enjoy each other's company and hang out"

>She liked that, said she was glad we spoke about that

>At her place we ended up kissing and sleeping together, but not actually sex (we were really tired) and we resolved to do it another time, so we just kissed more and felt each other up before sleeping

>Next morning she goes back home to her parents place up north, says we'll talk and we'll see each other the times we come back, and she wants me to come visit her when I go back to london

>Otherwise she wont be back full time until february

>Text her the following day, telling her I had a good time with her the night before, she said she did too, but it made her realise shes not ready for anything emotional because its just too soon,

>I said "Its cool, I understand. I hope we can still hang out though? Keep things platonic."

>She says "Yeah ofc :)"

So whats my play here?
I really like her, and I dont usually actually get feelings for people in a romantic way like this

Do you think this is a complete shut down? Or do I just play it cool and friendly and hang out with her, and wait until shes more ready?
>>
File: image.png (60 KB, 689x448) Image search: [Google]
image.png
60 KB, 689x448
>>16561180

Also sorry for huge wall of text.

TL;DR: Just met girl, we really hit it off, she feels its too soon to get emotional, either because we only met a a week ago or because she got out of a long relationships a couple weeks ago

I really like her. She even said on the friday night date she didnt want anything to do with a relationship, but I convinced her apparently.
>>
Rape her.
>>
>Or do I just play it cool and friendly and hang out with her, and wait until shes more ready?

prolly your best shot at this point. to get over her breakup might take a long ass time tho. you better not get too attached and spill your spaghetti too soon.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 480x360
>>16561212

>Spill your spaghetti too soon

I dont think I did. As likely as I might be to do that

>Get too attached

See this is my problem. I never get attached to women. Never even had a relationship before, only romantic experiences Ive had have been hookups. Nobody's ever stuck around

And this girl comes along, we actually go on a couple nice outings together, have a great time. And we find we have so much in common. Like I know it sounds cliche but our personalities were so complimentary, I dunno

Fuck this sucks. I get attached so rarely that it hurts whenever I actually do
>>
>>16561180

You did a really good job on this anon, proud to see that its not like every op on relationships threads is a clueless autist

Just keep it cool and see how it goes from there, if you start to get really attached to her bring it up without putting much pressure on her, you're doing a good job so far.
>>
Good job there, I'm in a really similar situation, reading through your story gave me creepy vibes because it's so similar to mine.

I think it's the best if you take it slowly, but also make sure to stay in touch (on any level, if you know what I mean) with her until she feels she made up her mind about the relationship between the two of you.
>>
File: image.gif (641 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
641 KB, 500x250
>>16561238

So my game plan here is just just gonna be texting her every now and again over the xmas break, show her Im still thinking about her.

Then hang out with her in a couple weeks when she comes back to my city, and see where we are in person. But like you said, without putting too much pressure on her
>>
>>16561221
went thru the same thing, got too invested because of how rare it/she was.

later on couldnt take the pressure anymore and spilled.

dont make the same mistakes. or do and myabe you have more luck than i did, things like that happen sometimes.
>>
>>16561252

Thing is, I know Im gonna struggle to not get invested in her because, as we've said, its rare. Ive never had feelings for someone before where it was mutual like this and we felt a connection with each other.

But, Im not gonna fuck this up. Im just gonna keep it slow and no pressure, wait until shes ready
>>
>>16561180

Good job anon, take it slow, she needs time to recover, but if you stick with her long enough and be patient she will be your without a problem
Nice Zyzz picture btw, were all gonna make it
>>
This sounds nice, play it by ear.. For now let her take the lead. And it seems like to two can talk about shit, keep it that way. There's absolutely no reason to rush into having sex. It's also obvious you two absolutely like each other and respect each other. Just keep the lines of communication open and you guys should be fine
>>
>>16561555

Thanks anon. We are all gonna make it bruh

>>16561700

Thats the plan. I mean I still dont know if she genuinely wants a relationship with me but just not right now because she's scared (And combined with her going home for the next month) or if she's just letting me down gently.

Either way, Im gonna play it by ear and keep talking to her (Without overdoing it) and see what happens.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.