[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm really worried that my girlfriend doesn't have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: WP_20150515_001.jpg (561 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150515_001.jpg
561 KB, 1836x3264
I'm really worried that my girlfriend doesn't have any friends. She's nice and everything, really motivated but she doesn't have anyone she considers a friend. We are long distance right now due to my work and she pines over being around me all the time, which is understandable because I want her too sometimes but I also have friends to sort of ebb the bad feelings.

What do I do? What should I tell her?
>>
That's a problem that only she can solve if you don't want to break it off, which you didn't at all indicate.
>>
I wish I had a gf like this. Mine is super outgoing and I'm not, do she always has tons if stuff to do and options and Im always like "yeah I'm down" but I never have a group and can come hang out with or anything like that. I'm terrified she'll realize my social worthlessness, I even lie to her about what I did during the week, etc.
>>
File: WP_20150513_003.jpg (721 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150513_003.jpg
721 KB, 3264x1836
>>16560149
I don't want to break up with her! She's very loving and kind; she can be negative sometimes but she's just not good with new people.

I guess it's just kind of a burden on me when I want to go get lunch with my friends but she's being sad and needing attention and so I get sucked into my phone trying to cheer her up and whatnot. As selfish as that sounds.
>>
>>16560141
>What do I do? What should I tell her?
That's her issue.

>I'm really worried that my girlfriend doesn't have any friends.
My guy was worried about me when we initially started dating. I'm a natural introvert, so I don't seek out friendly companionship. Aside from maybe one or two specific people, I'm more than happy being alone. But when we were at the LDR stage, we constantly wanted to be around each other. It has less to do with my introversion and more to do with the distance. Other people didn't make it hurt less, because they weren't a good replacement for my guy.
>>
>>16560155
You should nip it in the bud, and go do that thing during the week that you're lying about doing. Like think of your lies early, then go do them, and now they are not lies.
>>
File: WP_20150324_003.jpg (1 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150324_003.jpg
1 MB, 1836x3264
>>16560165
The issue I'm having here is that I'm pretty good at long distance. While I do wish very much that I could be with her, I'm not overwhelmed by sadness ya know? She explicitly said that "she wishes she could have someone to be around that didn't make her feel bad".

I worry because I don't think it's ok that I'm the only person that does that for her in her life currently.
>>
>>16560170
But I lie about going out with friends. I don't have any lol
>>
>>16560182
>I worry because I don't think it's ok that I'm the only person that does that for her in her life currently.
That's something you'll just have to get over. It's probably something that worries you since you don't have such strong feelings. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
>>
I don't think it's uncommon for people to not have any friends around this age (assuming you're both late teens/early twenties). Most of my co-workers have complained or admitted to not having acquaintances outside of family and work, and personally I rarely speak to anyone I used to hang out with either.

Does she have a job or go to school?
>>
>>16560197

Well fuck I'm happy I'm not the only one. My bf and I have been long distance for 2 years and since he's been at college he's settled into a big friend group and they're always hanging out. I don't really have that.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.