[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with being a super-masculine girl? Is there anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: ugly.png (234 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
ugly.png
234 KB, 540x405
How do you deal with being a super-masculine girl? Is there anything you can do about it, any way to become more feminine?
>>
>>16559935
How are you masculine?
>>
>>16559935
Define super-masculine...
>>
>>16559938
>>16559939
I don't even know. I don't know what I do wrong. People just keep saying that, dropping the "but you're almost a guy anyway"-things like it's just something that I would already know.

Also physically, kind of, though I can hide it pretty well.
>>
>>16559950
Where do you live?
>>
>>16559955
Norway
>>
Imagine if the script was flipped and you had a gay guy asking how to be super masculine and you'll have your answer. (He can't)
>>
>>16559935
>Personality of a guy friend
>Body of a woman
It's like all the parts of being gay that sound rad to a straight guy, without the parts that make it gay. I don't see a problem.
>>
>>16559963
I'm not gay.
>>
>>16559935
A lot of it depends on where you live. Try getting a cute haircut that you see a lot of girls have (again, differs by regional fashion, but longer is typically better). Get some nice clothes if you have the money, go to a decent thrift shop if you don't. Wear makeup. Foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss. Get a simple necklace that won't break easy and goes with everything. You never have to take it off and you'll get used to a fashion accessory.

Paint your nails or get a friend or family member to do it. Or go to a salon.

If you have curly hair, consider flat ironing it. Or styling it to have more ringlets and less frizz. If you have straight hair, just take good care of it. No split end. EVER!

Also, try to talk in a lighter tone and higher pitched voice. Compliment other girls. Talk about things girls your age are into.

Don't wear athletic shoes. Ever.
>>
>>16559987
I am trying to do those things now, save for the voice thing.

It's not an appearance thing. I can hide my appearance. But it's everywhere, people online pointing it out, assuming I'm male. Saying and doing guy things. Yesterday this girl said I was sitting like a boy and I didn't even notice I was doing something wrong.
>>
>>16560010
Hmmm..

You could always try asking a friend to point out whenever you're doing something 'too masculine'. It'll help you catch yourself easier.

As for doing guy things, the best thing you can do is hang out w/ other girls and do a ton of girly activities until it sinks in. Like, personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with being a little unique, but if you really want to be girly, you've gotta fake it until you make it.

Watch some teenage girl trash shows and silly romcoms (mean girls?! clueless?!) and try to mimic them. Maybe.
>>
You're not doing something wrong, and I can gurantee you that you'll be more attractive for acting as you naturally do, instead of attempting to fit into a preconceived notion.
>>
>>16560034
how do I get girly friends?
>>
>>16560039
Girls are so easy to make friends with if you can find nice ones. Just compliment them every day and chat with them about whatever it is they're doing. Bam. Friendship.
>>
>>16560043
how do I make them not think I'm hitting on them?
>>
>>16560050
Compliment their clothes or just say "you look cute today". Sound like you're being nice instead of being flirty? I don't think that most girls would assume that. When I was in high school, most of the girls at my school would compliment each other on a daily basis.
>>
>>16560062
But that sounds like flirting??
>>
File: inner beard.jpg (31 KB, 498x374) Image search: [Google]
inner beard.jpg
31 KB, 498x374
OP, I've been told by my guy friends that I'm an honorary dude due to these reasons,

>blunt communication, no bullshit, no subtlety or mindgames, I say what I'm thinking even if its inappropriate
>traditionally male hobbies like Dungeons and Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, play more video games than most of the males in the group
>obscene sense of humor, I laugh at farts and dick jokes
>extreme introvert, hate being the center of attention, so most people seem to think I'm "chill"

Pic related, appreciate your inner beard, even if you don't have one on the outside.
>>
>>16560107
>lots of friends
>center of attention everywhere she goes, even anonymously
>"extreme introvert"
>>
>>16560107
But guys don't like that.
>>
>>16560138
Some guys do. Maybe not the ones you want to attract/are attracted to? You need to think hard about the kind of guy YOU want. Now that you've narrowed down the type, what does that type of guy generally want out of a woman? If it's someone very feminine, you need to make some changes if you want that kind of guy. If it's a guy who doesn't care either way, you need to look at making perhaps only minor changes, such as dress/makeup, as opposed to a complete personality overhaul.
>>
>>16560123

>lots of friends
I have 5 friends. Thats just my DnD group and I don't even see them every day.

>center of attention
Never said that, usually sit quietly observing conversation and occasionally laughing at in-jokes or giving brief input in discussions. I brought attention to myself in this thread to try to encourage OP to accept who she is, and not dwell too much on "acceptable behaviors" for specific genders. I thought my experience was relevant because I, too, have been told I'm "like a dude", albiet for different reasons than OP.

Look, what I'm trying to say is that OP shouldn't worry too much about being feminine or masculine. Just be yourself and happiness will come to you. If you have to force yourself to be someone you're not, you won't be happy.
>>
>>16560138
>>16560150

Don't change who you are to attract a mate. Love yourself for who you are, and others will love you too.

As a side note, I met my boyfriend playing DnD, we've been together 4 years and are very happy. There are men out there that prefer "masculine women", you just have to find them, and your relationship will be much deeper than one built on pretending to be someone else.
>>
I think the best thing to do would probably try to work what you have, so to speak. I'm a girl with a similar issue with hobbies/personality but I'm also kind of ugly. I've tried wearing makeup and more feminine outfits but it just wasn't working with my appearance so I tried doing more of an opposite approach. I started taking better care of my face so it looks decent with minimum or no makeup, and instead of skirts or dresses I try to wear nice looking pants and button-up shirts. I'm not trying to look like a guy or anything either.
>>
>>16559962
I had no idea Norwegians retained any semblance of masculinity.
>>
>>16560285
Isn't that where metal bands come from?
>>
>>16560331
also germany
>>
>>16560178
>there a men out there who prefer masculine woman

What kind of man doesn't?

That kind of seems like a desired trait in girls now.
>>
>>16559935
Rock it, OP.

I'm a domineering and masculine woman, and am absolutely tripping over men. Wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
>>16560827
Is that cause every guy is default gay until proven straight?
>>
>>16559935
Cut off your oversize clit.
>>
>>16560849
Yes.

At least in /fit/ :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9OO0S5w2k
>>
>>16559935
Why would you want to change?

Masculine girls are qt :P
>>
>>16560884
>Masculine girls are qt :P
By definition, they're not.
>>
>>16559935
I date masculine girls, you just have to pick the right kind of guy

you can get a ball-less man and have him following you around all the time, easy money, easy to keep him happy, set the agenda in bed, plenty of guys like that around

you can get a chill dude for a non-dependant relationship, hang out whenever, move in whenever

you can get an indipendant guy and have a "whenever we both want sex at the same time" kind of relationship, more like being friends than lovers
>>
>>16560285
Hope that's bait
>>
>>16559935
It all starts with being yourself. People will appreciate your honesty.
>>
Masculine women are by definition less attractive. As long as you have good hips and give birth to sons you'll be fine
>>
>>16560913
Eh, it's all opinions and preferences.

A girl with a nice shape and adventurous personality is always fun to be around.
>>
>>16560010
wear heels and a pencil skirt, thrust me you'll walk and sit like a woman, do this untill that becomes a habbit.
>>
>>16559935
what bruce jenner did...
>>
I know this was a major concern for the main character in Avatar Legend of Korra

In the end she comes to terms with being herself since the world needs more strong and powerful women these days.
>>
>>16559935
Put it this way. The super masculine girls wouldn't know how they are, so you noticing it is one step.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.