[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you lower your standards when it comes to dating?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 16
File: cash money.jpg (66 KB, 500x660) Image search: [Google]
cash money.jpg
66 KB, 500x660
How do you lower your standards when it comes to dating?
>>
Think about dying alone or having to lower your standards even further when you're older because all the good ones are already taken.
>>
>>16559338
What are your standards?
>>
File: AreYou Mugwump.png (102 KB, 250x317) Image search: [Google]
AreYou Mugwump.png
102 KB, 250x317
Start with height, and breast size. Lower both. Easy.
>>
>>16559357
Being someone I'm physically attracted to (not necessarily sex, just wanting to touch at all. skinny guys and weird faces freak me out) and not having serious personality/psychological flaws.
>>
>>16559375
That's really not very high standards at all. Looks like you just want a well rounded human being. You attract what you display so question is, are you what you described? Also, I take it you're a woman?
>>
>>16559400
I am, and I don't really understand what would make people not want to touch me, even in a nonsexual sense. My psychological flaws aren't the violent or abusive kind, so I don't think I ask any more than I can give.
>>
Get rejected by high-standard girls enough times.

Lowering my standards did not help much, tho. Asked a literal 2/10 out and she ditched me.
>>
>age: 12
>height: 5'10

REEEEEEE
>>
>>16559375
>skinny guys and wierd faces freak me out
well shit...
>>
>>16559424
I didn't think guys really have standards.

I mean, getting your dick sucked is getting your dick sucked.
>>
File: smug_eagle.jpg (1 MB, 2322x1500) Image search: [Google]
smug_eagle.jpg
1 MB, 2322x1500
>>16559439
Are you serious right now, slut?
>>
>>16559442
In my defense, the guy who got turned down by a 2/10 did GO for a 2/10 in the first place.
>>
stop fapping

You'll want to fuck everything, so when guys come around you'll happily accept instead of jaded as hell and saying no
>>
>>16559447
That just proves he's desperate for affection and is most likely not much of a looker himself.
Going for ugly girls does not mean he's looking for a blowjob, it just means dating someone ugly beats being alone.
>>
>>16559452
Girls don't work like that.

A guy faps more, he wants sex less. He stops fapping, he wants sex more.

A girl faps more, she wants sex more. She stops masturbating, she wants sex less.

I don't masturbate and I have a -3 sex drive. I literally prefer watching paint dry.

>>16559454
>dating someone ugly beats being alone

How do I get to that point? The closest I get is
>being alone drunk beats being alone sober
>>
>>16559464
If you don't want to date, then why are you asking for advice on dating? Stay alone if that's what suits you. Are you caving in under peer pressure or something?
>>
>>16559406
You sound needy. People can pick up on that. It's repulsive.
>>
>>16559474
No, I am painfully lonely and it's killing me deep down. I can't stand being alone.

I wrote a list of all the guys I know and talk to on a regular basis.

1. Mr. rubbery face. He is balding and he has a pink, rubbery face.
2. My polyamorist friend's boyfriend. He's got the Totoro cat bus grin and he argues about subjects he has no experience in.
3. The dictator. Definitely below 5ft tall, about 90 pounds soaking wet. Has a guy fawkes beard and a genuinely impressive plan on how he would take over he world.
4. He-who-has-no-chin. He has no chin.
5. He-who-has-no-chin's identical twin brother. He also has no chin, and some weird medical condition that basically means he's allergic to everything.
6. The one with tattoos at the back of his palms. He's taken.
7. The tall, pretty one. He's taken.
8. The one with the funny nickname that I have no chemistry with. Not flawed in any way, but I can't imagine finding him appealing and he doesn't find me appealing.
>>
>>16559479
How do I stop being needy for long enough to have a chance to satisfy the need?
>>
>>16559485
Funny descriptions. Now do yourself.
>>
>>16559493
idk I have a weird wonky nose and I probably talk too much sober and I definitely talk too much drunk.

And I'll do crazy parkour shit to get out of having to have sex.
>>
Get rejected a bunch
Realise your not worth what you think your worth
>>
>>16559511
I've already been rejected by every pleasant-looking guy I know. Still hasn't gotten me to go to the unpleasant ones.
>>
>>16559508
Wonky noses are bad. Nose is what makes face ugly or beautiful, basically.
But if you're doing parkour, you're probably at least not fat. That already puts you in 5/10 zone, at worst. So I'm guessing looks is not really the issue here.

I notice you also have this super annoying 'LEL SO DRUNK' think going on, makes you look trashy. I doubt many guys are attracted to that. Don't try to be a man so hard.

How old are you? Do you have a job? A degree? Still in university, maybe?
>>
>>16559522
I'm around 60 kilos and one of the smallest people I know. I currently have two plastic bags of clothes I've wanted to give away and I'm struggling to do so since 90% of my firends don't fit into a size 36.

I don't do "LEL SO DRUNK", it's more of a "I AM MAGNIFICIENT AND I HAVE NOBLE IDEAS AND I MUST SHARE THEM". I hadn't even realised I was doing that before my friend mentioned how much I talk drunk.

I'm 19, still in school.
>>
>>16559530
>I AM MAGNIFICIENT AND I HAVE NOBLE IDEAS AND I MUST SHARE THEM
We'd get along.
The Dictator dude also sounds right up your alley. What's his problem? Date him.
>>
>>16559530
In all honesty. You're personality and the way you present yourself in this thread are very off putting. You sound so full of yourself.
>>
>>16559535
He's intimidating. He can go on for a full hour on about why the US does not support Kurdistan while we're just sitting there having school lunch and all you can think is "wow. I don't know shit."

So even if I could be physically attracted to someone literally the size of a 10-year-old, I don't think he'd settle. Assuming he cares about sex or relationships at all.

He's like a squid. You have literally no idea what's going on in his head except that it's probably ingenious.

>>16559539
How do I change that?
>>
File: 03_The_9_Types_Of_Boyfriends.jpg (290 KB, 893x902) Image search: [Google]
03_The_9_Types_Of_Boyfriends.jpg
290 KB, 893x902
>>16559485
So few guys? The average person is at least vaguely acquainted with 10,000 people.
>>
>>16559550
Yeah, now I think I'd get along with him even better. Might as well have described me right there.
>>
>>16559555
I'm studying in a very female-populated field. There are literally no men in my current classroom, Arrow and Tattooed Hands work at the opposite side of the building.
>>
>>16559338
>How do you lower your standards when it comes to dating?
By finding things you can compromise on
Like blondes? maybe you will have to consider brunettes
Like athletic girls? maybe you aren't in great shape and will have to settle for "average"/chubby
Like girls without kids? shit you must be desperate, fuck a girl who has kids.
>>
>>16559439
>I didn't think guys really have standards.
Would you want to risk your kid being raised by a fat cunt while you work a 50 hour working week to fund their gluttony??
>>
>>16559575
I like guys who are bigger than me, don't have a face like a tapir, and don't have violent fits of narcissistic rage.
>>
>>16559578
>don't have a face like a tapir
I don't understand.
>>
This thread reminded me of why I haven't been a serious relationship for a long while. I'm on such a high horse 24/7, very few can handle me, and there're even less who are willing to.
>>
File: tapir.jpg (167 KB, 858x574) Image search: [Google]
tapir.jpg
167 KB, 858x574
>>16559596
It would be very rude of me to put pictures of people here to show what I'm talking about, but some people's faces are simply unappealing.

I'm sure you have met at least one person, once, that you would not have wanted to kiss, purely because of the way her face is shaped.
>>
>>16559560
But what is beyond the building?

>This is a tapir. Cute huh? Also, they have huge penises.
>>
File: tapir.jpg (103 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tapir.jpg
103 KB, 1280x960
>>16559621
Forgot the pic.....
>>
>>16559621
Beyond the building are numbers 1-5 and #7

If you explicitly go out of your way to go find guys, you're going to find guys who are looking for casual sex, and I don't give free samples to people that I know aren't buying.
>>
File: 1447185303098.jpg (244 KB, 1846x1212) Image search: [Google]
1447185303098.jpg
244 KB, 1846x1212
I think you need to be more modest and honest.
You try to present yourself like there's much going on in your head, but I get a feeling you're neither as smart nor as interesting as you think you are.
>>
>>16559625
I don't buy that. Are you a grad student?
>>
>>16559621
>huge penises
I'm not one of those girls who can orgasm from penetration. If I'm wet, it's all the same to me if it's a teaspoon or a baseball bat, and if I'm not turned on it's only horrifying and painful.

Unlike guys, girls CAN have sex with people they aren't attracted to or aroused by. It's just that they don't want to. Because it hurts and feels horrible.
>>
>>16559627
I know I'm not smart or interesting. I just forget that when I'm drunk.
>>
>>16559636
Again with the LEL SO DRUNK.
>>
>>16559633
>Unlike guys, girls CAN have sex with people they aren't attracted to or aroused by.

Fear boners are a thing, female on male rape is a thing
>>
>>16559539

No offense but I'm with this guy. You seem like an older version of that penguin of doom copypasta that floated around for a while. You'll probably grow out of it.

I think, at the moment, you'd be a bit of a chore to deal with but I'm a boring fuck so what do I know?
>>
>>16559645
Look, let's not derail the thread. Can't you see she's deflecting?
>>
>>16559338
I have abandonment issues. I automatically like anyone who likes me. It's kind of neat because I have a really good sense for when people like me.
>>
>>16559630
I'm studying to become a hairdresser.

>>16559645
Yes, but you can't do that on a regular basis while dating someone you loathe. Girls can.

>>16559642
How do I stop?

>>16559647
How do I stop?
>>
>>16559654
Stop thinking being drunk is cool or in any way attractive. It's disgusting when most men do it, it's even worse when girls attempt to.

So just don't get shitfaced in the future. Most girls I know stop after a single glass of beer, or a cup of hot wine. And the few that can handle more than that are capable of not making idiots out of themselves in the process. So know your damn limits, woman.
>>
>>16559654

If it's your personality then you can't really change it without a fuck load of work and even then, would you want to? Fuck the people who don't appreciate what makes you you (like me, boring guy here). You want someone you can be yourself around, not having to pretend and watch what you say, do etc

You're only 19, plenty of time to meet a guy who you'll gel with.

If you're that bothered then it seems that a lot of guys here don't like the way you refer to yourself when drunk, drinking, randomness etc. I personally just don't like shallowness and judging by appearances but, as I say, fuck what I think.
>>
>>16559662
I've never thought being drunk is cool or any of that stupid shit. I was 9 years old when I first saw my dad fall down a flight of stairs head first because he was drunk. I just have whatever fucking trait that is that makes people do that.

I know drinking is a problem. I know I shouldn't be doing that. It's just that it's the only thing that makes me feel warm and happy and not alone. I don't bring up that I drink because I think it makes you think higher of me. It's just a normal thing that people do around here.

>>16559669
I drink because I'm alone. It's killed half of my family and I still drink because it makes the feeling stop for a few hours.
>>
Okay, so there is no way you would Internet date, meet guys at the coffeeshop, meet friends of your female friends/cousins/other people you know?

20% of married couples met at school,
20% at work,
20% at church,
20% on the Internet or other dating service,
20% through friends or family
And 2% at parties, clubs and bars.
(Numbers do not sum to 100% due to rounding)

So you are only looking at school. Why?
>>
Post pics, OP.
I'm a good judge of character.
>>
>I'm studying to become a hairdresser.

You can't be that picky since you are probably boring with no real passion towards real things besides hair.
>>
>>16559686
>Why?
Because OkCupid and tindr are dead silent and my friends don't introduce their friends to me.
>>
>>16559699
>besides hair

I'm just really passionate about not being homeless, and a job that pays rent is super awesome for that.

We can't all be brain surgeons, you know.
>>
>>16559654
>I'm studying to become a hairdresser.
I'm sorry.
>>
Where are you from, OP?
>>
>>16559701
Take some easy class at the community college.

Go to church.

Volunteer at the hospital.

Thar be men! Avast, ye swabbies!
>>
>>16559710
I am going to have a job that pays me money without breaking the law. I am doing better than many people I know.
>>
>>16559711
Latvia.
>>
>>16559353
>all the good ones taken

Here's the funny thing, where I live every girl is 7+/10, the rest are in relationships. All that is left are fatasses on mobility scooters and toothless addicts.
>>
>>16559715

Focus on doing men's haircuts. Be nice and do small talk. Eventually you'll meet someone.
Remember to not do a perfect job otherwise all your clients will be gay.
>>
>>16559718
It's 02:30 there, what the fuck are you doing up?
[spoiler]I'm from Lithuania.[/spoiler]
>>
>>16559723
would you seriously date a hairdresser who flirts with customers on the job?
>>
You seem a bit manly. High T girls like you need a low T beta male.
>>
>>16559727
>what the fuck are you doing up?
I'm not seeing the point of going to bed when I'm still awake enough to aknowledge there's nobody else in it and that I'll never have someone to fall asleep next to.
>>
>>16559729
Not that guy, but no, I wouldn't.
Unless you were super cute.
But then I'd just think it's part of your job, and you do this with every guy.
>>
>>16559729
Would you seriously pass up a girl that you had a real connection with just because you met her while she was working? Get over yourself, bruv.
>>
>>16559729

Eh hell, maybe. I'm just as lonely as OP
>>
>>16559338
Sorry OP, you hella ugly
>>
>>16559734
I've always wanted a guy who's soft submissive and docile.

Where do I find one?
>>
File: 1445940788792.jpg (239 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1445940788792.jpg
239 KB, 1200x1600
So you want to date someone, but all the guys available to you are guys you don't really want to date, and you're asking for advice on how to force yourself to want to date them?

That's just... stupid, no?..
>>
>>16559751
Do you have to shave your arms a lot and have a slightly less high voice than most other girls?

I think we're getting somewhere here, boys.
>>
>>16559751

Pretty sure you're a 40 year old neck beard and not the op bro.
>>
>>16559757
>I think we're getting somewhere here, boys.
What are you implying?
>>
>>16559764

I'm not implying anything, I'm helping you self-discover through the magic of science. Being a high T female is fine, but you will be significantly different (and to me, more desirable) than the normative female.
>>
Post pics, OP. Seriously. You got me all curious and shit.
>>
>>16559757
I've never shaved my arms, but I'm blonde and my arm hair is invisible. I'm a mezzo-soprano or contralto, so I guess, slightly.

>>16559762
Still OP, 100% serious. Aggresive, masculine or dominant men are even worse than the ones with unsettling faces.

Is it really so alien to you that a girl might actually want a guy who doesn't want to order her around? I don't want a constant power struggle and I don't want to always submit either.
>>
>>16559793
So you want a loser?
>>
>>16559802
Shouldn't you be thrilled that someone wants you?
>>
>>16559810
Now that's just mean.
>>
>>16559813
I wanted to go on a feminist rant about gender roles but then I remembered nobody wants to hear it and decided to just insult him instead.
>>
>>16559822
What gave you the idea that nobody wanted to hear feminist rants on 4chan?
>>
>>16559822
One of the smarter things you said in this thread.
>>
>>16559824
I'm surprisingly smart whenever I'm not a shrieking, aching void of human affection.

Which is never.
>>
>>16559793
>Is it really so alien to you that a girl might actually want a guy who doesn't want to order her around?

Alright, alright calm your tits. Years of being on here makes you a little paranoid of statements like that. Just seemed a little out of character with the rest of the thread and a bit pandering to lonely guys in here wanting to chat to a 19 year old girl that's all.

See, this is what I was saying about the chore thing.
>>
Have you considered

a. Going to any bar in the world and talking to a guy there?

I know it sounds hard for girls to meet someone, but just buckle down, go through the aforementioned step, and soon you'll have a guy!
>>
>>16559841
But bar guys aren't going to be >6'2, have a 6 inch penis size and a Robert Pattison-esque face.
>>
>>16559836
there's a fetish for everything. Including pudgy sensitive shy guys who gasp and blush when you grab their titties.
>>
File: 1447489312995.jpg (1 MB, 2248x4020) Image search: [Google]
1447489312995.jpg
1 MB, 2248x4020
>>16559846
Cracked me up.
>>
File: crai.jpg (21 KB, 300x381) Image search: [Google]
crai.jpg
21 KB, 300x381
>>16559846
>tfw bar guy only is 6'1, has a 5.9 inch penis and looks like Taylor Lautner

JDIMSA
>>
>>16559841
Guys in bars are looking for a quick fuck with a girl whose name they won't remember. I don't have the resources to to hand out free samples to people who aren't buying.
>>
>>16559852
>>16559846

Ok we're getting two different types of guys here. Let us know exactly what you'd like and it may help narrow down the search for you.

And FYI, roughly six inches is the average so that shouldn't be hard to find, excuse the pun.
>>
>>16559846
I'm 5'6 and 130 lbs. I'd just like a guy bigger than that. I don't orgasm from penetration so dick means nothing, and any face that doesn't look like it comes with a medical diagnosis is fine.
>>
>>16559866
Not all guys at bars are like that.
I frequent bars, and I'm not looking for a sample.
>>
>>16559870
The guys demanding supermodels are strawmanning. I'm the OP, I just want a normal guy with a normal face who doesn't have a personality disorder and likes me back.
>>
>>16559878
>NABALT

Here they come
>>
File: Neo.png (830 KB, 663x588) Image search: [Google]
Neo.png
830 KB, 663x588
>>16559881

But what is normal?
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (58 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
58 KB, 540x720
>>16559897
I really, really, really don't know how to answer that.

A face that doesn't have anything wrong with it?

How do you not know what a normal face is like.
>>
>>16559906
Goonight, OP.
I hope you find love.
>>
I fucked some guy off craigslist and had some online relationships with a transgender NEET and a Estonian, after the emotional roller coaster of trying to figure out if your gay or not you realize that being with someone is all you really want.

Not sure if that helps though.
>>
>>16559338
oh, time. don't do it. it's not worth it.
>>
I can lower my physical standards to maybe 5/10, but personality should stand out and I should be interested in the other person's story.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.