[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girlfriend wants a break
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: eZv9BCg.png (400 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
eZv9BCg.png
400 KB, 600x600
My girlfriend of 8 months just told me that she wants to take a "break" in order to deal with some issues in her life on her own. She's got family issues and is generally stressed out about school, and she's depressed. She said that it's not fair to me to be the way she is and still be with me, and told me that she was not being a good girlfriend because of it. From my end she's been coming off a little more distant but that's pretty much it, and I told her that I would be there for her.

I don't really understand why she feels the need to be by herself during this, wouldn't it be easier for her if I were there for support? I told her that she's not inconveniencing me but she still said that she needed some time for herself. Now of course this is going to raise suspicion and i'm sure a ton of people here are just going to tell me that she's seeing another guy or something, but that doesn't seem to be the case. She said that she still loves me and wants me to be a part of her life, and that i'm an amazing person and all that. What do you guys think? Do "breaks" in relationships even work out? I don't think she's breaking off all contact with me either, i'm almost positive we'll keep in touch, just not as often. She didn't really make it clear how long it would be either, but said that she might feel better once her exams are over. pic unrelated
>>
>>16558889

break=fuck other guys

2015 and fags still don't know about this?
>>
>>16558900
simply epic
>>
>>16558889
In my experience, break = I want to dump you but don't have the balls to do it just yet.
>>
>>16558913
100% true. The relationship is officially over now. You should just tell her you want to break up completely before she does.
>>
>>16558900
This guy's right, unfortunately. A "break" means they've met someone that's caught their eye and they want to pursue it a little bit and see if anything could develop or they just want to sleep around. You don't take a break from relationships, you don't run away from problems, you face them and communicate your way through them. If all it takes is a bit of stress for her to drop your relationship and run off, imagine what she'd be like with a child.
>>
No breaks. Ever. They kill relationships dead, every time, no exceptions. Not everyone who asks for a break is malicious, but the ones who aren't are being incredibly foolish.

Be blunt about this. You are willing to help her face her problems, good girlfriend or no, because she's worth that. But you face them together, or you break up for good; no halfsies.
>>
>>16558913
>>16558923
>>16558931
>>16558932
I just texted her and asked why we need to be apart in order for her to get through her issues and that i'm wary about the idea of a break
>>
>>16559009
You've already fucked up. You don't ask her to try to justify herself and you don't tell her you're wary. You tell her it's not happening. You're either a couple or you're not. No inbetween.
>>
>>16559019
well, fuck. i'll have to do that once she replies then
>>
File: we-were-on-a-break.jpg (109 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
we-were-on-a-break.jpg
109 KB, 736x552
>>
Sounds like there's another guy in the picture that she likes. When a girl becomes distant, either you did something to piss her off, or another guy is in the picture. So this "break" is her way of pushing you to the back of the line and bringing this new guy to the front with her.
>>
File: beware.jpg (17 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
beware.jpg
17 KB, 500x482
>>16558889
anon, I was in your position this summer

we went on break for 4 days, she "almost" fucked another guy and called me sobbing. I took her back. 1 month later she wants another break, and I'm like "fuck that, NO". she breaks up with me

your relationship is past the critical point and is likely going to fall apart, you can't stop it from happening.

>>16558913
this anon is right, listen to him.
>>
To be honest you probably shouldn't listen to any of the anons here. They're all going to say she's a slut who wants to fuck around. You know her better than us, make your own opinion instead of listening to some bitter virgins here.
>>
In my experience even if you deny her a break, she will take one anyway and cheat on you. There's no going back after that point so do yourself a favor and find someone new.
>>
>>16559468
this

and just to counter the general bullshit, my gf flaked at some point saying she wanted a break to think things over, and after 2 days she came running back

so yea

god forbid you might actually talk to her about it...
>>
>>16558889
Cut it off now.
"I want a break" means "I want to break up but I'm only mostly sure and I don't want to hurt your feelings".

You can either end it on your terms or live in a hollow, empty non-relationship for however long it takes for one of you to cut the thread.
>>
>>16561110

>"after 2 days she came running back"

She basically just got pounded by Chad and came back to her beta cu.ck boyfriend, lmao.
>>
>>16559468
>They're all going to say she's a slut who wants to fuck around.
It's not just that, its generally a cheap way of saying you want to break up but lack the dignity to do so.

I've never ever seen a relationship become any stronger after a break.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.